• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question: Massive Kirito Upgrade?

Forgive me for asking this, as I do not know whether or not this has been discussed already (and since I barely come into contact with SAO content anyways.....you see my point). But I was wondering something as I was rewatching the anime: How come there's no Key and Tier for Kirito via The Seed? Its an item he has (or had) right? And given what it does, aka its ability to create entire MMO worlds and realities, it would be helpful for him on this site to have, no? If someone could give me some answers it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Kirito doesn't even know how to properly use The Seed, if at all. Plus it's not something he has access to in his game avatar, which is what his page here covers.

Also, aren't the game worlds in SAO really small from a real life perspective (As in, if we applied their size to real life)? Thought I remembered something about that in the last threat that this was on (Albeit the context behind the proposed upgrade was entirely different).

With exception of the original SAO (Likely Island), Alfheim (Same), and the new one (Continent, possibly a planet), they seem to be very minuscule due to the fact that the Seed is fairly recent.

If I have a sun in a video game that doesn't mean the video game simulates hundreds of millions of kilometers of game world. Games are created to look realistic not work realistic.

That aside in regards to Virtual Reality stuff you have to consider what is the "basis world".

To explain:

Usually the world normal humans life in is the "basis world" (or whatever you want to call it), what I mean with that is that is that it is the world that is assumed to be equal to the world humans life in in other fictions.

Characters that view the basis world as fiction get tier 2+ tier, while characters that are viewed as fiction from that world get tiers below tier 10 (in theory, the latter is never applied).

That means in theory we would have to view the virtual reality incarnations of the SAO characters as fictional characters for normal humans and their normal human incarnations as the characters that would usually battle in vs-threads.

That is obviously impracticable, because all notable stuff happens in virtual reality, so we basically make in exception in taking the virtual reality as "basis world" instead of the normal human one here.

But that we make in exception can not be forgotten and has consequences. I mean in theory a normal human could go to the Servers for the virtual reality and just smash them to pieces. Non the less ranking normal SAO humans as being able to destroy things of the size of the game worlds is obviously nonsense.

So basically human interference that treats the game world as game world can not be considered for characters stats, meaning that modifying the game by manipulating the hardware or software can not be taken as feats. Hence something like the world seed should not be considered on profiles, since it is something that only concerns the game from a software perspective in which it has to be considered just a game.

Back