• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about timelines, pocket universes and tier 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the feats like destroying timelines, reality fabric or anything equivalent are always tiers 2?
I don't want to downgrade any verse, I just want to be sure that I understand what may deserve tiers 2 and what doesn't, so please tell me whatever is wrong with my reasoning.

First point, the difference between High 3-A and Low 2-C isn't raw power but the ability to affect the time-space continuum itself.
Second point, I'm not an expert but I think it is possible to damage partially the time-space continuum without being necessarly universal (singularity for example...).
Third point, if I have a character who can destroy a finite time-space continuum (a pocket universe), but can't destroy an infinite time-space continuum (have the ability to affect the 4th dimension, but doesn't have infinite AP), I guess this character tiers would depends on the size of largest pocket universe he can blow up. If it's solar system sized, it would be 4-B; if it's larger than the observable universe, it would be 3-A; and if he blow up trillions solar system sized pockect universes at once... 3-B I guess?

Now if there isn't any problem with those 3 points doesn't that means that the size of the universe have to be explicitly defined as infinite for considering its timeline destruction as 2-C feat? Even if that's the case, considering that the time or reality fabric (or anything...) can be "destroyed locally", shouldn't we make sure that this destruction is really infinite sized before considering it 2-C? I have the feeling that telling that "timeline destruction = tiers 2" without taking into account the verse properties or the impact's proportion is a no limits fallacy... or maybe what I'm asking is just a nonsense because of my lack of expertise in that field.

Destroying timelines is always at least Low 2-C.

Destroying part of the fabric of reality may or may not be unquantifiable, depending on the situation, context, and character.

1) A High 3-A either has infinite 3-D power, or 4-D power below a universal scale.

2) That is probably correct, if the damage is limited.

3) I suppose so, but these types of situations are often hard to gauge properly.

Our system is rather limited in terms of the amount of tiers, so we simply tend to count such feats as Low 2-C, regardless if the universe is infinite, or simply larger than our observable universe.

I've a big doubt now... just to be sure, are timeline and time-space continuum the same thing?

Time doesn't flow in a singularity, so if I'm filling every point in the universe with singularities at a time T, I'm basically destroying time at that moment, but is it enough to destroy the whole time-space continuum or the timeline? I'm just erasing the part of the continuum after T, but I'm not affecting what happened before T, so is it just a high 3-A feat?

I am not the best person to ask, but we tend to count destroying a timeline as the same thing as destroying an entire universal time-space continuum, yes.

Nakaos said:
I've a big doubt now... just to be sure, are timeline and time-space continuum the same thing?
Time doesn't flow in a singularity, so if I'm filling every point in the universe with singularities at a time T, I'm basically destroying time at that moment, but is it enough to destroy the whole time-space continuum or the timeline? I'm just erasing the part of the continuum after T, but I'm not affecting what happened before T, so is it just a high 3-A feat?
Yes,

A singularity is a fixed point in time, like a infinitesimal pocket dimension. it's not destroying anything . Although the black hole and it's event horizon would disrupt space-time in a way that the surroundings would be eradicated to simple pure energy, following the principle that energy and matter cannot be destroyed or created. But it's not enough to destroy the whole time-space continuum, unless you got a singularity on par with the original big bang or "greater."...

@Nakaos:

What you are thinking about is essentially like equating a timetraveler changing the entire history of the universe to reality warping the universe as a whole.

In other words if you destroy all 3-D space at one point in time, then because of causality of cause also all of the future ends up in the destroyed state. But that is essentially just a chain reaction (the chain here being causality).

Hence the actual effort done by the character would just be 3-A.

It is similar to destroying a pillar that is important for carrying a building. If you do the building might collapse, but the actual part of the work you did is only that of destroying the pillar itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back