• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about the presence (DC comics)

This has troubled me for a while now. Is there any statement or implication that the “yahweh” and the “divine presence" key are different in anyway shape or form? There is nothing on the presences profile that prove that.

He should in my opinion just have a single high outerverse level (or whatever it will be after the revisions) key

I think verse supporters needs to fix a lot of shit - aside from AP, most of these hasn't been touched in forever. So much misinformation and bad scaling chains.

No. Its the same being. Even in Lucifer Yahweh has been referred to as Divine Presence and Presence. In fact I am not even sure why there is a "God" profile.

We have like a few headcanon DC files and keys which are just made up for the sake of it.
This one is huge considering how this pretty much says every aspect of the overvoid would be high 1-A
This includes the hands, which alot of people scale to i think

Yeah.

I think verse supporters really need to step back and fix the scaling chain right now, which will obviously mean removing/changing certain files.

check here. there are a lot of them, most inactive i think

This thread where the keys were accepted gave evidence that Yahweh and The presence were different.
I am sorry but there is pretty much nothing in that thread that proves that these two keys are different.
There is no indication of a difference between the “avatar" of the presence and this overvoid force thing.
The thread only indicates that there is a subjective view of the presence. Which, the scans given all paint the presence as a overvoid level entity.
I think that giving him 2 keys is just feels headcannon, or I feel like i need better explanations.

This thread where the keys were accepted gave evidence that Yahweh and The presence were different.
Outdated Quora/ comicvine arguments from Hyku

The Primal Monitor isn't the Prime Monitor

The Godwave has no indication of being the Source, and its a broken scan

Almost nothing to do with power

The Presence being mentioned doesn't mean he's chilling there, and being in the same place as The Source doesn't make you the same thing

This is evidence that God and The Presence are the same people

This as well. If anything, that thread is just proof that God shouldn't have a separate profile

Yes, there is a distinction between "the Presence" and the Presence 'God', albeit a subtle one.

Simply put, the Presence is the depiction of the Judeo-Christian God, which is evident through his apparences in the Spectre, Phantom Stranger and Lucifer. As being part of a Judeo-Christian context, this Presence is mainly present in places like Heaven, specifically in the Primium Mobile - the throne of Light.
The Primium Mobile. The throne of Light. Not the Voice, now, but the Presence.
- Narrator, Lucifer 2000 #
GpPGL7m.jpg

In contrast, the Presence "God" is the figure/idea of God across any belief system context as explained in Lucifer 2000 #73. Meaning, in other words, that even the Presence depicted on panel like in Mike Carey Lucifer run (to continue using the same example) is an aspect of the Presence "God", as shown in Lucifer #75.
Lucifer: All that we make? You are the maker, Father. We're only the tools you use.
The Presence: Or as it might be, the aspects of myself through which I act. Just as this is the aspect of myself through which I speak.
- Lucifer 2000 #75
24VratMm3H7jYG26XzM-5JutT6CRtn9_XpW9uP3bMQkFqKzCKIt9PPjzh725hzvkcer7VeTqIFQA=s1600
Without delving too deeply into the details, the confusion lies in the fact that since the Presence "God" interacts inside Creation through aspects as we have seen briefly, these same aspects are considered to be God, which is far from being the case in reality since the latter is one with the Void (in Mike Carey Lucifer work and supported by the work of various authors). I will elaborate more, if necessary.

Yes, there is a distinction between "the Presence" and the Presence 'God', albeit a subtle one.

Simply put, the Presence is the depiction of the Judeo-Christian God, which is evident through his apparences in the Spectre, Phantom Stranger and Lucifer. As being part of a Judeo-Christian context, this Presence is mainly present in places like Heaven, specifically in the Primium Mobile - the throne of Light.

In contrast, the Presence "God" is the figure/idea of God across any belief system context as explained in Lucifer 2000 #73. Meaning, in other words, that even the Presence depicted on panel like in Mike Carey Lucifer run (to continue using the same example) is an aspect of the Presence "God", as shown in Lucifer #75.

Without delving too deeply into the details, the confusion lies in the fact that since the Presence "God" interacts inside Creation through aspects as we have seen briefly, these same aspects are considered to be God, which is far from being the case in reality since the latter is one with the Void (in Mike Carey Lucifer work and supported by the work of various authors). I will elaborate more, if necessary.
Yeah man thats just headcannon honestly.
There is not a single statement that proves that the presence has avatars honestly.

The second image is the presence saying that Lucifer is an aspect of himself.
The “himself” here has no proof of being a different being then the being stated by alot to be equal to the source of the overvoid.

No its definitely the real dude tho. He is connected to the damn pages of dc comics i am certain thats the guy
And the spectre kinda just proved that
anyways.

Yeah man thats just headcannon honestly.
There is not a single statement that proves that the presence has avatars honestly.

The second image is the presence saying that Lucifer is an aspect of himself.
The “himself” here has no proof of being a different being then the being stated by alot to be equal to the source of the overvoid.
Then I suggest you to read for a second time, because the same figure that Lucifer identifies as "Father" himself states that it is an aspect. The Presence confirms both that Lucifer and himself are aspects, from this point on there is no counter-argument.

No its definitely the real dude tho.
'The real dude' is one with the one Void as shown in Mike Carey Lucifer work, specifically in Lucifer #75,as it can be logically deduced first from Lucifer 2000 #75, in which Mike Carey used the very same writing style to describe both of them with the following attributes: "infinite" and "eternal", putting in bold "infinite" first in both cases.
  • The Void
[...] The Void is infinite and eternal--

phI8k1O.jpg
  • The Presence
True, I'm infinite and eternal.

Vfy71qi.jpg
And for the second reason, still in the same issue Lucifer #75, based on the Presence's analogy, using Buddha and Monkey King as mirror about the events which have led Lucifer to believe that he could escape the Presence "God" influence outside his Creation, in the Void. In short, 'the real dude' is one with the Void, but this does not mean that there are no aspects inside Creation through which he uses to interacts with it as already explained and saw that there is already a Presence inside Creation, in the Primium Mobile.

Then I suggest you to read for a second time, because the same figure that Lucifer identifies as "Father" himself states that it is an aspect. The Presence confirms both that Lucifer and himself are aspects, from this point on there is no counter-argument.
Definitely didn't read that one throughly, yes, this being was some aspect that the presence used to speak through.
The “true” one though, the guy that sits in heaven above the gates (just like the source) i dont think is very different then the one with the void.

'The real dude' is one with the one Void as shown in Mike Carey Lucifer work, specifically in Lucifer #75,as it can be logically deduced first from Lucifer 2000 #75, in which Mike Carey used the very same writing style to describe both of them with the following attributes: "infinite" and "eternal", putting in bold "infinite" first in both cases.
  • The Void

• The Presence
If i am correct taking your words as true shouldn't the form Lucifer was talking to be just another avatar?
Who is stated to be infinite and eternal
Who is definitely above the DC comics verse Just like the overvoid?

Late reply on my part, but still a reply nonetheless.
Definitely didn't read that one throughly, yes, this being was some aspect that the presence used to speak through.
The “true” one though, the guy that sits in heaven above the gates (just like the source) i dont think is very different then the one with the void.
If you are saying that there is no difference between the Presence and the Presence "God", I've already highlighted that the main difference is the fact that the former is set specfically in a Judeo-Christian setting, whereas the latter is a universal God's figure who is one with Void. There is more to add, like adressing how the word 'shape' has been misunderstood in the scan which in fact supports the Presence "God" having aspects accordingly the belief system.
If i am correct taking your words as true shouldn't the form Lucifer was talking to be just another avatar?
Correct, the figure whom Lucifer is interacting with in the scan is an aspect that was use initially to interact with Elaine Belloc following her godhood in Lucifer #68.
Who is stated to be infinite and eternal
First the Void by the narrator, then the Presence "God" through that aspect he is using. The point was to put forward the fact that the Presence "God" and the Void were one.
Who is definitely above the DC comics verse Just like the overvoid?
It depends on the current DC Comics "canon", which I did not follow as I used to, but from what I've caught up on recently : The Presence, the Source, the Overvoid, The Great Darknes and others that escape me as I haven't caught up with everything, yet.

If you are saying that there is no difference between the Presence and the Presence "God", I've already highlighted that the main difference is the fact that the former is set specfically in a Judeo-Christian setting, whereas the latter is a universal God's figure who is one with Void.
No man there is like no difference between these two.
One is the presence who is god in the Judeo-Christian setting who created the DC comics and is above it, and the other being a overvoid presence that created DC comics and is above it.
Nothing different between these two, it seems like spectre already proved that two times.

First the Void by the narrator, then the Presence "God" through that aspect he is using. The point was to put forward the fact that the Presence "God" and the Void were one.
The presence is speaking about himself.
Not a true form of himself, just himself.

The form that he takes when speaking as we have seen is made out of light.

It depends on the current DC Comics "canon", which I did not follow as I used to, but from what I've caught up on recently : The Presence, the Source, the Overvoid, The Great Darknes and others that escape me as I haven't caught up with everything, yet.
The presence and the great evil beast are aspects of the overvoid.
If this thread gets agreed on that there is no reason that a true form of the presence should exist (which there isnt ngl)
Then i will post my CRT on that.

• The Void

• The Presence

And for the second reason, still in the same issue Lucifer #75, based on the Presence's analogy, using Buddha and Monkey King as mirror about the events which have led Lucifer to believe that he could escape the Presence "God" influence outside his Creation, in the Void. In short, 'the real dude' is one with the Void, but this does not mean that there are no aspects inside Creation through which he uses to interacts with it as already explained and saw that there is already a Presence inside Creation, in the Primium Mobile.
What is this comicvine tier argument? "The Presence is infinite and eternal and the Void is infinite and eternal so they are the same". The number infinity is also infinite and eternal, I guess its the Overvoid too. The universe is infinite and eternal, and so is the multiverse, so universe = multiverse in DC

No man there is like no difference between these two.
One is the presence who is god in the Judeo-Christian setting who created the DC comics and is above it, and the other being a overvoid presence that created DC comics and is above it.
By your own words, you are asserting there are differences in terms of individuality. That's the point. The former Presence will stay an aspect of the Presence "God" in the context of that belief system. Hence the fact that the first Presence is mainly present, with the Word, another aspect, in specific location in Heaven, respectively the Premium Mobile and the Logos.
The presence is speaking about himself.
Not a true form of himself, just himself.
Irrelevant, if you read the point of the reason why it was put forward:
The form that he takes when speaking as we have seen is made out of light.
Just beceause God has choosen this form in instance, does not mean he is constrained with that specific aspect. If you had read Lucifer, or even taken your time to read the comics mentioned, i.e Lucifer #68, it is shown cleary that the Presence (God) choose aspects that are within the grasp of his interlocutor. In Elaine's case, the Presence (God) started to take aspects of people relatable to Elaine.

The presence and the great evil beast are aspects of the overvoid.
In your headcanon, not DC's canon, let alone the current one.

The Overvoid was not even a thing when Alan Moore wrote the “American Gothic” storyline and, to make matters worse for yourself, the current DC's canon have updated this storyline into current time, establishing the Great Darkness as a figure that precedes the Light that has been associated to the Overvoid, even taking the description of the latter from Final Crisis.

However, the most important point is, although DC's current canon added more into the beginning of the conflict between the Light and the Darkness, the conclusion of that conflict remains unchanged the way Alan Moore wrote it back in Swamp Thing #50. This is significant, as in the aftermath of American Gothic, Swamp Thing #75, it is stated that beyond mortal, demigods, gods, the war between Light and Darkness (referring to Swamp Thing #50), matter, all obstacles, there is God, one with the Void.

To a point where time is no time... and space is no space... where one may silently observe... as God breathes in... and God breathes out. Exhaling his quintessence of perfection.
- Swamp Thing, the Swamp Thing #75

So regardless who the Light is associate with, there is still the Presence "God" above, transcanding all aspects of duality, including the duality of the Light and Darkness. Supporting my very point in the beginning that the Presence =/= Presence "God".

Last edited:
What is this comicvine tier argument? "The Presence is infinite and eternal and the Void is infinite and eternal so they are the same". The number infinity is also infinite and eternal, I guess its the Overvoid too. The universe is infinite and eternal, and so is the multiverse, so universe = multiverse in DC
Reading comprehension is not your strong point, in addition doing a straw-man.

But I'll will leave in your own ridiculousness with such a counter-argument, which would be below of even the worst of the worst if it should be ranked.

Reading comprehension is not your strong point, in addition doing a straw-man.

But I'll will leave in your own ridiculousness with such a counter-argument, which would be below of even the worst of the worst if it should be ranked.
"Argument I have not, insults I must use"

Sorry for the late response.

By your own words, you are asserting there are differences in terms of individuality. That's the point.
No that isn't the point. That isnt the point of my thread anyways, the point is the fact that these 2 keys are not different.
There isnt anything that proves that the presence “god" and the presence we see are different.
The argument that you use is that the presence we know, the guy that sits in heaven, is actually some aspect of the presence who is a part of the overvoid.
Aside from reaches, why exactly assume that is factual?

Irrelevant, if you read the point of the reason why it was put forward:
The presence and the void are one, that is correct.
The Judeo-Christian presence is also the same. Because the presence, does indeed, equal his own self.

Again for the 4th time the “Judeo-Christian presence and the void presence” argument doesn't make sense because spectre literally explained that the presence, his father, is definitely the true god above all cultures and names.
Not just that, but because it is just headcannon to assume that there is something called the void presence because there is just nothing that undoubtedly proves that (Honestly thats like 80% of marvel comics and DC comics scaling on here but i digress)

Thats why Umineko, from what i remember, was downgraded pretty hard, because we
assumed that a possible 3rd legion existed.

Assuming isnt solid scaling.

In your headcanon, not DC's canon, let alone the current one.

The Overvoid was not even a thing when Alan Moore wrote the “American Gothic” storyline and, to make matters worse for yourself, the current DC's canon have updated this storyline into current time, establishing the Great Darkness as a figure that precedes the Light that has been associated to the Overvoid, even taking the description of the latter from Final Crisis.

However, the most important point is, although DC's current canon added more into the beginning of the conflict between the Light and the Darkness, the conclusion of that conflict remains unchanged the way Alan Moore wrote it back in Swamp Thing #50. This is significant, as in the aftermath of American Gothic, Swamp Thing #75, it is stated that beyond mortal, demigods, gods, the war between Light and Darkness (referring to Swamp Thing #50), matter, all obstacles, there is God, one with the Void.
I took that straight from the note on the hands page.
I did not know any of that
You should CRT that if you have the time.

So regardless who the Light is associate with, there is still the Presence "God" above, transcanding all aspects of duality, including the duality of the Light and Darkness. Supporting my very point in the beginning that the Presence =/= Presence "God".
The duality of light and darkness is described to be near perfect
Almost as close as the overvoid, which is completely perfect

So, this duality is obviously different from the other dualities. (Which should be given considering the presence is definitely above everything in DCcomics, which should include the dualities of DCcomics)

Also speaking of this entire idea of the “God" name in the 2nd Key form of the presence.
Is there any proof of the “God" stated by grant morrison in that one interview where he says something upon the line of “beyond DC comics and the Monitor World, only God, the Monitor-Mind, and The Source exist”
Like isnt the “avatar” (or the “aspect”) presence called “God" like, multiple times??

No that isn't the point. That isnt the point of my thread anyways, the point is the fact that these 2 keys are not different.
There isnt anything that proves that the presence “god" and the presence we see are different.
Only if you omit their individuality by taking into account what they share in common as a figure. In that case, you should accept as well that the Great Darkness, Pralaya and Nekron were not different because they were the Primordial Darkness in the context of their own mythos.

The argument that you use is that the presence we know, the guy that sits in heaven, is actually some aspect of the presence who is a part of the overvoid.
On the substance, indeed, but less on the form. "A part of" is not the terms used in my post, although I understand what you mean.

Aside from reaches, why exactly assume that is factual?
Let's proceed as follows: How about reading the comics to understand before you ask more questions, showing how much you are in denial about all the explanations you seek.

The Judeo-Christian presence is also the same. Because the presence, does indeed, equal his own self.
"Same" in what sense? Clarify what you are saying.

Again for the 4th time the “Judeo-Christian presence and the void presence” argument doesn't make sense because spectre literally explained that the presence, his father, is definitely the true god above all cultures and names.
We've hit the bottom.

The Spectre is a figure part of the same Judeo-Christian setting as the Presence, so, of course, the Spectre considers the Presence as God, lol. You literally use a character with a bias towards his own belief system as evidence, without even understanding the point that the author tried to aim at.

In the storyline you are refering to, wrote by John Ostrander, the Spectre was in search of who God is. Meeting first with African gods, the name of the Spectre's God was instead identified with the name of the creator Mawu in their own belief system. The same thing happens when the Spectre decided to meet the gods of Olympus, identifying the Source as the name of the God that the Spectre was looking for.

The point, if it still escapes you, is that each belief system interprets the same figure according to its own context, which is quite explicit in the whole story (only if you have actually read it). And hence why three different names were attribued for the same figure (Jehova, Mawu and the Source), which did not satisfy the Spectre at first until his quest eventually came to and end.
Why should this not be Mawu? Open your eyes, if there is indeed a God above gods, it may have any shape or form or many. Why should you assume alone know the true face of God? We are all aspects of God, just as all Orishas are aspects of Ife-- and yet more than that, too.
- Ornunmilla, the Spectre 1992 #58
K5pgM0zQvQip2NtLvOUyijln7galKH6UV-OGzp7ruGmDh12xh6ksOV_-qfed9FeAhqBBoKa69eS86Q=s1600

Each merely reinterprets in their own fashion what actually happened so all are true.
- Zeus, the Spectre 1992 #58
Vw9PYvXfD2qWCw8klCk3cEzmTlHjzF64NDRwGYpHT4fI9svt79FCljGuoGfYrD18vv7GnzJkN4TQbA=s1600

Not just that, but because it is just headcannon to assume that there is something called the void presence because there is just nothing that undoubtedly proves that (Honestly thats like 80% of marvel comics and DC comics scaling on here but i digress)
You are entitled to disagree, still it will not change any fact on this matter (nor making negative claims of worthless value).
"Facts don't care about feelings"

These 5 authors: Alan Moore, DeMatteis, Mike Carey, Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman, who have contributed to the development of the DC's Universe, also have a convergent opinion on the relationship between God and the Void. I have already provided the evidence for Alan Moore and Mike Carey in the following posts:
  • Alan Moore:

• Mike Carey:

That's DC's canon, not because it does not suit you.

Thats why Umineko, from what i remember, was downgraded pretty hard, because we
assumed that a possible 3rd legion existed.

Assuming isnt solid scaling.
Here's the good news: DC = / = Umineko.

On the specific matter we are disscusing, there are overwhelming evidence of everything I said so far. Let's not put them on the same level just because you deny the evidence provided.

Is there any proof of the “God" stated by grant morrison in that one interview where he says something upon the line of “beyond DC comics and the Monitor World, only God, the Monitor-Mind, and The Source exist”

Last edited:
In that case, you should accept as well that the Great Darkness, Pralaya and Nekron are not different because they are the Primordial Darkness in the context of their own mythos.
From what i remember pralaya is the embodiment of nothingness, and nekron is the embodiment of death.
Darkness is a concept that rivals light, with both being a nigh perfect duality.
Almost compared to the overvoid, an “immaculate perfection”

Let's proceed as follows: How about reading the comics to understand before you ask more questions, showing how much you are in denial about all the explanations you seek.
Denial of WHAT?
My guy, what points have you made here that without a shadow of a doubt prove that the presence that is one with the void is different from the heavens presence??

Lets go over that one again
Something else that lies inside the heavens is the source
As seen in Day of judgement: the descent issue #2

“You feel the source, supergirl.”

RCO010_1474860722.jpg

“It welcomes us all.”

in the same issue

5ahB044Lj3ZfK0OpIXWpYRiif3rfeuRDImRkVC3j2C8kBwXRqENuXuviGWyAKWtJW2pfDhicODA=s0

“Do you think the daughter of trigon would be allowed to step through the gate of heaven. Zauriel?”
“The presence is aware of the change in the spectre”

Micheal literally uses the “heavens presence” (just the presence) and the source interchangably here.
As the one that allows them going to heaven (logically, considering he is a representation of the Judeo-Christian God)

Not even putting into the AMOUNT of evidence that the source and the presences (“avatars”) are equal

"Same" in what sense? Clarify what you are saying.
The Judeo-Christian presence is connected to the void.
We've hit the bottom.

The Spectre is a figure part of the same Judeo-Christian setting as the Presence, so, of course, the Spectre considers the Presence as God, lol. You literally use a character with a bias towards his own belief system as evidence, without even understanding the point that the author tried to aim at.
But we do know tho?
The spectres father, the Judeo-Christian God is the true god in DC comics
He is the guy that decides and built all things.
Unless maybe i have misunderstood the “belief system”

In the storyline you are refering to, wrote by John Ostrander, the Spectre was in search of who God is. Meeting first with African gods, the name of the Spectre's God was instead identified with the name of the creator Mawu in their own belief system. The same thing happens when the Spectre decided to meet the gods of Olympus, identifying the Source as the name of the God that the Spectre was looking for.

The point, if it still escapes you, is that each belief system interprets the same figure according to its own context, which is quite explicit in the whole story (only if you have actually read it). And hence why three different names were attribued for the same figure (Jehova, Mawu and the Source), which did not satisfy the Spectre at first until his quest eventually came to and end.
Alright then, so the spectre was actually right in the two scans, thank you for agreeing that the source is equal to the guy the spectre sees as his father.

You are entitled to disagree, still it will not change any fact on this matter (nor making negative claims of worthless value).
"Facts don't care about feelings"
Oh my god💀
What facts are you talking about man

These 5 authors: Alan Moore, DeMatteis, Mike Carey, Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman, who have contributed to the development of the DC's Universe, also have a convergent opinion on the relationship between God and the Void. I have already provided the evidence for Alan Moore and Mike Carey in the following posts:
  • Alan Moore:
I havent read swamp thing. But in these out of context pages (or atleast thats what i think you are referring to) what in there even proves that the heaven presence is different from the void presence. I need some explanations

Bro that completely disproves what you are saying.
The overvoid is “infinite and eternal"
The “true form” presence is “infinite and eternal"
Is there any reason here to assume that the presence is talking about a form that exists beyond this supposed “aspect" that he is speaking from (disproved by the fact that the presence uses a form made out of light to speak through, as seen in that one panel you brought up and his interaction with superman and the spectre)

Here's the good news: DC = / = Umineko.
The hell does that even mean💀

On the specific matter we are disscusing, there are overwhelming evidence of everything I said so far. Let's not put them on the same level just because you deny the evidence provided.
I definitely do deny the reaches provided

From what i remember pralaya is the embodiment of nothingness, and nekron is the embodiment of death.
Darkness is a concept that rivals light, with both being a nigh perfect duality.
Almost compared to the overvoid, an “immaculate perfection”
It does not adress the point I made:
Only if you omit their individuality by taking into account what they share in common as a figure. In that case, you should accept as well that the Great Darkness, Pralaya and Nekron were not different because they were the Primordial Darkness in the context of their own mythos.

Denial of WHAT?
My guy, what points have you made here that without a shadow of a doubt prove that the presence that is one with the void is different from the heavens presence??

Lets go over that one again
Starting from there:
Then scroll all the way down untill you finally reach this last post (at the moment), you are more than welcome.

Something else that lies inside the heavens is the source
As seen in Day of judgement: the descent issue #2
This scan is a further of evidence that the same figure is can be indentified in the context of another belief system. You are adding grist to the mill.

Micheal literally uses the “heavens presence” (just the presence) and the source interchangably here.
Michael = / = Mister Miracle.
Only Mister Miracle mentionned the Source. Read your own scan, it's getting exasperating.

As the one that allows them going to heaven (logically, considering he is a representation of the Judeo-Christian God)

Not even putting into the AMOUNT of evidence that the source and the presences (“avatars”) are equal
The only thing that you have actually done is to reach a deeper bottom than the previous one, if that was your self sufficient so-called evidence.

Sure, Mister Miracle mentioning the Source within the context of another belief system is relevant with that DC's notion, however, reading carefully at your own scan, Mister Miracle's statement is not aimed at a specific person but at a place, in addition this statement means nothing more than that the energy of the source stems from this place.

The Judeo-Christian presence is connected to the void.
Still an empty claim.

But we do know tho?
Clearly not based on this storyline you are using as evidence, going in fact against your claims by establishing a universal God identified under different names depending on the belief system context. That's the point of the storyline if it's still escape you, and another detail I'll mention later from the same work by John Ostrander.

And this is even less so with the Presence stating himself to be shaped by external forces in the original Lucifer, which the author Mike Carey clarified in a secondary source to have taken the concept from Neil Gaiman's story Dream of A Thousand Cat, but without even needing to use this in order to spare you a long debunk: Lucifer 2000 #73, as it was already mentionned in the thread, established as well a universal God.

In other words, none of your so-called evidence support the claims you made wether it's John Ostrander's the Spectre or Mike Carey's Lucifer. And it gets worse in your case by adding Dematteis and Grant Morrison into the equation.

He is the guy that decides and built all things.
Unless maybe i have misunderstood the “belief system”
Claim = / = Evidence.

You can do better.

Alright then, so the spectre was actually right in the two scans, thank you for agreeing that the source is equal to the guy the spectre sees as his father.
The Spectre was not right, as he only considers the God of his own belief system to be the only true God, which is also the claim you made. So, rather, thanks on agreeing that the the Presence "God" is a universal God figure and potraying yourself as walking contradiction.

Oh my god💀
What facts are you talking about man
The sames ones you saw after scrolling down back, as I've told you a few points before.

I havent read swamp thing. But in these out of context pages (or atleast thats what i think you are referring to) what in there even proves that the heaven presence is different from the void presence. I need some explanations
Thanks for confirming that you are motormouth, next step is to actually read the comics before making any claims (positive or negative).
As for the explanation, it was already given in the following post:
https://vsbattles.com/threads/question-about-the-presence-dc-comics.136054/post-4760629

Bro that completely disproves what you are saying.
The overvoid is “infinite and eternal"
The “true form” presence is “infinite and eternal"
Where is the counter-argument, expect supporting the relationship between God and the Void? Like I said, walking contradiction.

Is there any reason here to assume that the presence is talking about a form that exists beyond this supposed “aspect" that he is speaking from
If you are referecing to the specific instance in which Lucifer and the Presence had a talk in the final Mike Carey's Lucfer issue, this was not the point as their disscusion was about Lucifer's futile attempt to be his own maker.

(disproved by the fact that the presence uses a form made out of light to speak through, as seen in that one panel you brought up and his interaction with superman and the spectre)
Your disapproval were already debunked in the following post:

And to come back to the detail that you left aside from John Ostrander's the Spectre, going unsurprisingly against your claims once again. The last final issues were about the Spectre, rather, Jim Corrigan confronting God, who was depicted as Francisco Goya Saturn, since this was the way Jim Corrigan viewed God untill the outcome of their confrontation, in which Jim thought he literally manage to kill God but was later explained to be only the perception that he held of God (and made it clear that we view God according to our own perception).
God isn't dead, Jim. All that died is your perception of God.

Therefore, this whole made up standard of the Presence "God" using only an aspect made of out light belongs to your headcanon. The Presence "God", as we saw, has aspects fitting within the context of a belief system (Lucifer 2000 #73 & #75), within the grasp (Lucifer #68) but also within the perception of his interlocutor (the Spectre 1992 #60), like the Endless whom "we perceive but aspect of the Endless, as we see the light glinting from one tiny face of sume huge and flawlessly cut precoius stone."

Mortals can perceive only aspects of the Endless, not theire entire being, and of the Endless can manifest himself or herself in more than one aspect at any one time.​
7403485-s73otqum_o.jpg
I definitely do deny the reaches provided
New from you to refer to yourself in the third person.

You can keep your DC's headcanon for yourself.

Last edited:
This scan is a further of evidence that the same figure can be indentified in the context of another belief system. You are adding grist to the mill.
Said figure is also identified, as you said, as the source.
Different beliefs yes, but the “heavens god” is seen as the source.

Michael = / = Mister Miracle.
Only Mister Miracle mentionned the Source. Read your own scan, it's getting exasperating.
Maybe i worded it incorrectly, the source and the heavens presence are used interchangebly

The only thing that you have actually done is to reach a deeper bottom than the previous one, if that was your self sufficient so-called evidence.

Sure, Mister Miracle mentioning the Source within the context of another belief system is relevant with that DC's notion, however, reading carefully at your own scan, Mister Miracle's statement is not aimed at a specific person but at a place, in addition this statement means nothing more than that the energy of the source stems from this place.
High 1-A energy = high 1-A
The presence is omnipresent, he is the source.

Still an empty claim.
No, i feel like the myriads of statements saying they are, including the infinite and eternal one do unempty that claim.

The Spectre was not right, as he only considers the God of his own belief system to be the only true God, which is also the claim you made. So, rather, thanks on agreeing that the the Presence "God" is a universal God figure and potraying yourself as walking contradiction.
And he is right, as that his father is indeed the creator of dc comics.
Later via different interpretation the source, the presence and Mawu can were actually identified as the same person (As said by orunmilla, and as it should be with the gods of olympus)

Also nothing in that message or my apparent contradiction prove the idea of a 2nd key.
The belief system seemingly does nothing to do that too.
If not completely prove the idea that the heavens presence is overvoid/source level.
Thanks for confirming that you are motormouth, next step is to actually read the comics before making any claims (positive or negative).
As for the explanation, it was already given in the following post:
https://vsbattles.com/threads/question-about-the-presence-dc-comics.136054/post-4760629
Alright then big boy
Now how does that prove the idea of the presence “god"?
Just dont respond to me “i have already explained" because you clearly haven't.

Where is the counter-argument, expect supporting the relationship between God and the Void? Like I said, walking contradiction.
I am not denying the fact that the presence and the overvoid are equal. I am denying the “fact” that the heaven presence is different then This “void presence"

If you are referecing to the specific instance in which Lucifer and the Presence had a talk in the final Mike Carey's Lucfer issue, this was not the point as their disscusion was about Lucifer's futile attempt to be his own maker.
I have no idea how that debunks my point but i digress.

Yea alright, i did make that point at like 6am i do actually find the wrong in it because the presence definitely uses different faces to speak from.

But lets go back to my current point on this situation.
The heavens presence, is not talking about a true form of himself in (lucifer 2000 #75)

Said figure is also identified, as you said, as the source.
Different beliefs yes, but the “heavens god” is seen as the source.
Still clearly not in the scan you have provided, pointing more at a place than a person, but we will come back to it a little more in depth in the next point.

Maybe i worded it incorrectly, the source and the heavens presence are used interchangebly
I give you the benefit of the doubt.

It's still not an evidence of what you claimed, as, in contrast to your scans, mine establish a relationship between two figures when the one you have provided affirms the energy of the Source in other places than New Genesis & Apokolips.
The New Gods’ evolution was shaped by a potent spiritual energy manifesting as a wall called “the Source,” which is closely concentrated on the twin worlds.
0TUWrZB.jpg
Key Words: Closely concentred.
Mister Miracle being able to sense a sign of energy from the Source (as a reminder, Post-crisis Source is an energy/force deified by the New Gods and other gods) in other places such as Heaven does not imply the claim you made, at all.

High 1-A energy = high 1-A
What it has anything to do with the points made so-far in this disscusion?

DC's tiering system or tiering system itself was not even adressed once. Irrelevant, once again.

The presence is omnipresent, he is the source.
We're going to reach the abbys, definitely.

The Presence is omnipresent, not beceause he is the Source, but because that there are evidence of attributes which are in line with the fact that he is the depiction of the Judeo-Christian God (in reality, Abrahamic God) in the DC's Universe. The existence of the Source or not would not change what the Presence was meant to be.

No, i feel like the myriads of statements saying they are, including the infinite and eternal one do unempty that claim.
As a quick recall: Claims = / = Evidence. You can still do better.

The relationship between God and the Void only concerns an universal God as shown previously, not being exclusively part of a belief system, as you keep on claiming without any substantial evidence from the comics, for the simple reason that there is none, otherwise you would have already brought evidence instead of parrotging the same thing over and over starting from I don't know what post.

And he is right, as that his father is indeed the creator of dc comics.
The point is still over your head since Spectre was wrong because he assumed that the God of his own belief system was the one true God, which you also have claimed, and is very far from being the case as this storyline shown and other works. To put it simply, if you still don't get it, the Spectre claiming that the God of his worldview is the Creator does not make him wrong, but claiming that he is true one among others does. That's the subtle difference, which you have claimed:

This storyline, even the work itself does not remotely support that point, given that, to add more to what I have previously put forth, Michael and the Spectre were both depicted in their Hindu's aspects, respectively Kali and Shiva.
  • Michael​
NeHBKm-U1gkbB5ci9uzZ7fSOXONevVbTEIMHLL9p8SsiCljP-l_NU606hA3T05c5C_Q7VcU0NKYegBBD-B9cmbi3kuTeFIB06fsBmyn6TihXnwPxqgq4V6uD9RzhihyRrqc9bU4Kvg=s1600
  • The Spectre​
LdiHrMDQ1wwWRzo-8IseFHENy9q99dxGLxo8bELohqTd8TkVpb0zormijqToopO1298-nMLK7no5y67dvZKkTJpoWCQNy7fTYmFjxPZRlpLtdMEeew2ppPiX0cSAHYacwNvL1AaB1A=s1600

Which effortesly contradicts this ridiculous point, as in their Hindu's aspects, the Creator is Brahma. This is DC's canon, in which Creation myths, figures themselves, etc. are part of a relativism in the sense each belief interprets it according to its own context, as already explained multiple times in this thread.
Later via different interpretation the source, the presence and Mawu can were actually identified as the same person (As said by orunmilla, and as it should be with the gods of olympus)
There is not "later", as the Spectre was not right to begin with on his assumption on the true God.

Also nothing in that message or my apparent contradiction prove the idea of a 2nd key.
The belief system seemingly does nothing to do that too.
Nonsense, for the simple reason that the aspect of a figure is not the figure itself as it was made it clear since my first post, and even more so with my previous post on the Presence "God" fitting the perception of his interloctor, like the Endless, side-effects of God's Creation, whom we only saw aspects of them.

If not completely prove the idea that the heavens presence is overvoid/source level.
The Presence = / = The Presence "God", and, as I said before, DC's tiering system was not even adressed, stick to the discussion.

I am not denying the fact that the presence and the overvoid are equal. I am denying the “fact” that the heaven presence is different then This “void presence"
Very well, we've already moved from one square, however, my point was not that God and the Void are necessarily equal, but the fact that this "true one God" is one with the Void, not in Heaven or any places inside Creation, which will be shown in the next point to debunk this absurdity of claiming the opposite.

Alright then big boy
Now how does that prove the idea of the presence “god"?
Just dont respond to me “i have already explained" because you clearly haven't.
Just because you require more mental gymnastic for you to understand it (being an ignoramus reader or in denial), does not mean no explanation were provided.

Admitting the Hand of Light coming out of Heaven to reach the Great Darkness in Swamp Thing # 50 is 'the real dude', 'the true God', whatever you may have called it at this point, this same figure can not be partaken in a dualistic engagement between Light and Darkness that he himself transcends, as I have mentioned in Swamp Thing #75, unless, as I have logically explained since the start of my involved in this thread, this figure has aspects inside Creation through which he interacts with it.

It does not require a lot of thought to reach the conclusion that this figure who came out of Heaven is different to the Presence "God" after this explanation, and actually reading the aftermath in Swamp Thing #75, showing in the same issue both figures in different instances, one partaking with the Great Darkness in the spiritual realm (Heaven-Hell); while the other is one with the Void.

The heavens presence, is not talking about a true form of himself in (lucifer 2000 #75)
This point is not even a point if it was not adressed to begin with. There is not post of mine claiming that the Presence was talking "about a true form of himself", in contrary if you paid attention.

Nevertheless, this does not mean there are not evidence about an universal God's figure who is one with the Void, opposed to the one inside Creation, in the Primium Mobile. That's the subtle difference, once again.

Last edited:
I will definitely concede to the belief system argument, because honestly i know fuckall about that to be perfectly honest, because my knowledge on high - God tiers of DC is pretty low.

A single thing that will definitely make me take your posts as a accepted answer to my question, is undeniable proof that the presence does have a higher form, and said form being devoid of the belief system.

I tried to believe your argument that him being connected to the overvoid proves a true universal God, but honestly, that is straight up assumption no offence.

If we dont find an answer then i propose the presence has a “varies With different beliefs, 1-A up to High 1-A” rating

Back