• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about the Mario profiles.

Skipping the introduction and formal greeting, I'll try and keep this short.

What's up with these profiles on the Mario franchise?

Many of the them (from what I've seen) are severely lacking in information, abilities, and just general tidiness. The amount of downgrades I've seen (both reasonable and unreasonable) is just.. wow. Not even mentioning the several CRTs that were supposed to go through (Color Splash and Bowser's Fury, Giga Cat Mario) never concluded and went through. It pains me even more that they were generally being accepted, but their respective threads ended up dying out.

It's sad to see such beloved characters in poor maintenance despite their long history.

Last edited:
There been a lot of profiles left and right that have been total chaos, plus Dino Ranger Black, aka the best Mario expert we ever had has also left the wiki. And it has since made it a lot more difficult to deal with everything left and right; there were some scans with legit upgrade proposals, but a lot of skepticism. But on the contrary, there have been a lot of stuff not making sense and agreed to be removed. And likewise, there are other regular users who just straight up jinx revisions by intentionally trying to make any upgrade/downgrade proposals out of control to the point where it was hard to take any seriously.

There was also an attempt to separate the profiles despite a U-turn later concluding there is only one canon which canceling the profile split before it went haywire was a good idea. And a consistent mid end feat is simply the best proposal for Mario and the main cast.

There been a lot of profiles left and right that have been total chaos, plus Dino Ranger Black, aka the best Mario expert we ever had has also left the wiki. And it has since made it a lot more difficult to deal with everything left and right; there were some scans with legit upgrade proposals, but a lot of skepticism. But on the contrary, there have been a lot of stuff not making sense and agreed to be removed. And likewise, there are other regular users who just straight up jinx revisions by intentionally trying to make any upgrade/downgrade proposals out of control to the point where it was hard to take any seriously.

There was also an attempt to separate the profiles despite a U-turn later concluding there is only one canon which canceling the profile split before it went haywire was a good idea. And a consistent mid end feat is simply the best proposal for Mario and the main cast.
I see

what made Dino Ranger Black such an expert on the verse here?

Basically, he was around for a long time and he also just knew details about the lore and series through and through and seemed like the best candidate for evaluating the verse on both sides while balancing knowledge for the series and remaining unbiased. While he was by no means flawless, he did more often than not knew what to do and how to interpret various feats and lore scaling.

in that case, I'll try to help get the verse back on its feet and then some

cuz seeing those profiles is pain

Back