• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about spacetime

What speed would it be to exit spacetime (or reach the edge of spacetime) as a whole through movement alone? In this context, "spacetime" refers to all space and time in the multiverse.

Not sure, it could probably be dimensional travel only, Infinite speed demands that you cover any distance in instant time (0 time) or cover an infinite distance in finite time or instant time.

Immeasurable speed is even stricter, it demands that you travel back and forth through time with sheer speed alone as if time were a spatial space for you to just waltz across, some other examples being landing hits on opponents before launching them yourself, or dodging hits before they've even been struck.

Quite vague

It depends on many factors such as feats, context, verse settings, etc...
A bunch of characters pooled their magical energy into empowered a rocket ship engine to let them travel to the farthest edge of spacetime. In this context, the farthest edge of spacetime specifically refers to the multiverse's spacetime.

If the space-time is the size of the observable universe then I'd say MFTL+ (needs calc) but if it's infinite then infinite speed.

If the multiverse is infinite then infinite speed.

If the space-time is the size of the observable universe then I'd say MFTL+ (needs calc) but if it's infinite then infinite speed.

If the multiverse is infinite then infinite speed.
I see, so the assumption for spacetime is that it's just universe sized more or less?

I don't think the series has an infinite universe or multiverse.

A bunch of characters pooled their magical energy into empowered a rocket ship engine to let them travel to the farthest edge of spacetime. In this context, the farthest edge of spacetime specifically refers to the multiverse's spacetime.
How big it ?

What speed would it be to exit spacetime (or reach the edge of spacetime) as a whole through movement alone? In this context, "spacetime" refers to all space and time in the multiverse.

Crossing between Universes and Higher Dimensions​

Speed isn't defined by any number of spatial dimensions but simply distance over time. Meaning that it is possible for 1-dimensional characters to be faster than those who cover many dimensions. And the distance between two timelines is defined as the 5th dimension (Or a 4th spatial dimension) that separates two or more universes. Said distance is often unknown as it could be anywhere between much smaller than the Universal radius and infinite. But such details are only known to those who can travel through additional spatial dimensions. For that reason, crossing Universes is unquantifiable for speed unless details are specifically stated.

I know that someone dodging an attack that erases a spacetime can be considered immeasurable. Is that just weird standards for the verse in question (Undertale), special circumstances, or just straight-up not comparable?

I know that someone dodging an attack that erases a spacetime can be considered immeasurable.
No. It's just an AP feat.

Immeasurable speed literally requires you to treat time as a spatial space of sorts that you can just waltz across without restriction like say, travelling back and forwards through time via nothing but sheer movement alone, or say, dodging attacks after they've already been launched or landing attacks before they've even been struck.

Back