• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Solaris (again)

But then, why are all three hedgehogs needed? Shadow points out that destroying Solaris all at once would only be possible with Sonic, thus making three attackers on Solaris.

If he existed across all of time, then logic would dictate you need Immeasurable speed and/or temporal AOE.
But at that point you could just do it with one character since all the components to win are already present with said character.

If he only existed in three time points, you could have the hedgehogs each take up one point (which fits the description Shadow gave of how it would only be possible with Sonic), and still have them be able to fight Solaris even with finite speed.

If he existed across all of time, then logic would dictate you need Immeasurable speed and/or temporal AOE.
But at that point you could just do it with one character since all the components to win are already present with said character.
No it wouldn’t because then that would mean the hedgehogs were fighting 3 separate entities. Solaris is not 3 separate entities, he is the same being.

It can still be one entity, just spread out across three time points.
No it can’t be. Otherwise he would have only been threatening those 3 specific points instead of all of time itself. At this point the burden of proof needs to be on you that he is only in 3 very specific and arbitrary points of time, that somehow would collapse all of time itself by him appearing at these 3 very random points. If anything you’re supporting the opposite side with what you are saying, if he only existed in 3 very specific points, they would be able to easily defeat him as only one would be needed to beat him on July 27, 2020, and then that said character could easily go to July 27, 2015 and fight him there too. These problems you are asking are only created with your scenario.

Last edited:
Idk.
I buy the scaling, it’s just other people I talk to don’t, because of the fact that there needed to be three hedgehogs in order to combat Solaris.

Idk.
I buy the scaling, it’s just other people I talk to don’t, because of the fact that there needed to be three hedgehogs in order to combat Solaris.
Then why are you arguing on things you don't understand or know?

And if these "other people" you're referring to have questions, they should look at the two threads made on this subject

I do understand it, I just feel like it can be considered kind of hard to follow, because they specifically establish that one hedgehog cannot destroy Solaris on his own, and Immeasurable speed would feasibly allow that to happen if said character was powerful enough.

I do understand it, I just feel like it can be considered kind of hard to follow, because they specifically establish that one hedgehog cannot destroy Solaris on his own, and Immeasurable speed would feasibly allow that to happen if said character was powerful enough.
Who says Shadow’s line of it being possible only with Sonic has to do with points In time, Silver seems pretty confident he alone can defeat someone in all points of time after all

“If you say he has to be defeated in the past, present, and future, I’ll destroy them all at once!”
“Certainly, it would have been possible, if he was still alive.”

This just kinda points to one character not being able to do it on their own, since Shadow doesn’t believe he could do it either.

They can't destroy Solaris on their own because they're weaker than Solaris, not because he exists in all points of time

Immeasurable speed by itself doesn't mean only one hedgehog can beat Solaris across all of time by themself, they still scale to Solaris tho

So, are you under the impression each hedgehog is fighting Solaris in a different era, or it’s just one hedgehog fighting at a time.

“If you say he has to be defeated in the past, present, and future, I’ll destroy them all at once!”
“Certainly, it would have been possible, if he was still alive.”
I mean wasn't this before Silver and Shadow were shared with Super energy.....
Obviously thier base forms would be useless.

But things changed a bit for better when all 3 got Super.

I assumed it made a difference because if they were fighting in different eras, the attacks Solaris does being throughout all of time would be more obvious.
I mean, they aren't in the same era, it's just that they aren't stuck in only three time periods

Your biggest problem in a nutshell lol. You seem to be so easily tailored by what other people think and then you create threads on those subjects that change nothing. Be your own man, JJ, and it'll all be far easier
You're not wrong, it just gets kind of annoying trying to figure out what is real and not real about Sonic stats when supporters have such a...

well, negative reputation, in a lot of places, for wanking the characters.

You're not wrong, it just gets kind of annoying trying to figure out what is real and not real about Sonic stats when supporters have such a...

well, negative reputation, in a lot of places, for wanking the characters.
By that logic, I'll begin to question the intent and motives of all former and current WWE stars because one killed his wife and child.

You aren't dealing with other sites. You're dealing with us. And, without saying any names, three of the most prominent people that had a hand in creating such a bad stigma in Sonic threads are now gone. That's like me going to [insert wiki name here] and saying "oh man you guys downplay Sonic because Vs Battles has him higher". That wouldn't be such a good thing to do, right? So stop doing the inverse.

If you have questions and concerns, they should legitimately be your own. Those, we'll be happy to answer on the Sonic General Discussion thread. But they should not be thoughts that are egged on because of how different sites interpret a blue hedgehog, which then results in a very meaningless CRT. People will always have different opinions and interpretations, JJ. You can't stop that.

Last edited:
I never really had a problem, I just wanted to try and understand both sides of the spectrum regarding some of these topics, both sides tend to be fairly set in stone regarding their approach, since, as you said, it is heavily up to interpretation.

I don't really have many problems with how the Sonic characters are treated here, admittedly.

Back