• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Shulker Boxes

I'd say just regular storage, given that they have the same room as regular chests, but transportable. The Ender Chest would be closer to a mini pocket dimension.

There is absolutely no "manipulation" involved there. At best it's a tool that allows them to reach a very specific pocket dimension from anywhere.

I think that creating a pocket dimension not much bigger than a chest isn't anything notable at all when creating 3 infinite worlds.

Probably because they can create pocket dimensions that are actually meaningful to them. This is just creating a small multiverse which happens to have a pocket dimension in it, assuming they're even the ones who created it instead of being any beings inside the world.

Wait. Wait. @Zach, @Saikou, so if it were literally actual storage... Would this work?

ShulkerBoxes

You can still put chests inside other chests. It's just that you can't carry chests with things inside. This is a matter of the Shulker boxes being able to be transported with things inside.

Even putting anything beyond a single block inside a chest wouldn't be possible in real life. The fact that this nonsense can happen more with the Shulker boxes don't make them special.

Really? I'm confused to this thread discussion. Let me try to analyse.

Chest should be:

"regular" storage = false, Minecraft storages contained more space and beyond one meter cubed because you could store banners, boats, minecart with mount, beds, buckets contained or uncontained (it's size was debatable), ridiculous size of Enderdragon Head , End Crystal, doors. True, when Shulker Box/Inventory/Other Chest contained Chest or even dropped Chest.

Chest could be (or similar to):

4d pocket storage = functioning similarly like a small portal

Trade In/Out (interacts spacehammer) = true, when Steve/Alex being able to be transported with things inside without carrying/showing/handling their resources.

Inventory could be (or similar to):

Magic Satchel = functioning similarly like a crafting "in which the user can make anything they wish" inside inventory "Even if the thing doesn't exist.". Inventory is like virtual interface version of "The magic satchel..." (nerfed version).

Requip = functioning similarly like a item switching and the "belt" is a "store items in a pocket dimension so they can easily summon it at any time, even during battle."

Mini pocket dimensions
= since Shulker Box is a dimensional storage itself, and Chest and Inventory could carry multiple Shulker Boxes so Chest and Inventory must be Mini pocket dimensions. Unlike basic "rpg" volume storing magic satchel, Mini Pocket dimensions contained smaller dimensions like Shulker Boxes.

Note: Shulker Boxes, Chest and Inventory be same space sizes but their functions were different.

Note2: There's evidence they can create mini pocket dimensions: it happen when Steve/Alex placed (not store) Chests and when they crafted Shulker Boxes since Chest couldn't contained items like Shulker Box and when Shulker Box/Inventory/Other Chest contained Chest.

Note3: When Shulker Box/Inventory/Other Chest contained Chest there was no storage dimension or space just "regular" chest. When Chest was placed it turn to mini pocket dimensions as dimensional storage.

Note3: This is just creating a dimensional storages assuming they don't used it on the battle because simple there's no function nor ability to "suck in" coming attacks or effects, nullifying them and releasing them later. But Steve/Alex has natural ability to "suck in" dropped items itself.

Note4: It's mini pocket dimensions because they could contained life. example: Bucket of Fish. It was now official :^D

So yeah Chest/Shulker Box/Inventory was mixed Dimensional_Storage confirmed! That was complicated d*** (oops)

Assuming that a literal wooden chest with no magic on it is a pocket dimension on its own instead of assuming that it's just game mechanics is honestly ridiculous.

When Steve/Alex stored Chest on their Inventory/Other Chest/Shulker Box.

Magic was removed from Chest and turn it in to regular Chest.

It'd not make sense when Chest was in Inventory/Other Chest/Shulker Box if Chest has its own pocket dimension and the Chest couldn't contained anything like Shulker Box.

@David

I'm pretty sure chests are just chests. If they weren't considered a game mechanic, and were realistic, 99% of all RPG/Survival games wouldn't be able to store things at all.

(Example: Terraria chests being able to store stacks of doors, that are the same height as the player, and about a block taller than the chest itself.)

You missed the point. Placed Chest and Stored Chest are completely different.

Most games in general the chests are being able to hold large amount of items is technically a game mechanics presuppose a canon the chests was dimensional storage. We know not all games are meant to be realistic to make the chest real though but Chest gamemechanics isn't the same as PAUSE gamemechanics as "PAUSE is pure gamemechanic. By your logic, everything in Minecraft is gamemechanic..."

Seriously, I could see the difference between pure and reasonable gamemechanics, and pure gamemechanics aren't acceptable except reasonable gamemechanics (most Terraria users they even considered Terraria's Portable Storages a dimensional storage though). (seeing the difference between gamemechanics and logics was the reason why I knew the End Poem clearly)

Minecraft has RPG elements despite being Sandbox game.

•character customization •inventory slots (even ones for armor) •villagers and how you must go out into the world to gather the items they request (sort of like "quests" in a way) •bosses •different weapon levels •potion brewing •enchantments

I dubbed INCOMPLETE gamemechanics: FLAWED gamemechanics (LOL seems legit).

.# D E B U N K E D A L L F L A W E D L O G I G S

.LOL this really helped me alot even in writing my own fanfic :D

Edit: I re-read my posts and its SOUNDS cocky

I thought you oppose, sorry, I was wrong, but anyway I posted more details 0_O

(But wow I'm noisy as ever)

.# I V E B E C O M E M A D M A N

Back