• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Pikachu's AP

Hmm indeed, I agree with Weeklys point of view , Pikachu's feats are super inconsistent to where you'd think he gets delevelled with every new area. I'd prefer 8-C for his rating

Okay. It should be fine to change the statistics then.

So, from all this, Pikachu's AP should be changed to:

Attack Potency: Building level (Regularly produces electrical attacks comparable in power to real lightning, which have 5 Gigajoules worth of energy)

What should be done with the calculation that we currently have in Pikachu's profile?

Lina Shields said:
So, from all this, Pikachu's AP should be changed to:
Attack Potency: Building level (Regularly produces electrical attacks comparable in power to real lightning, which have 5 Gigajoules worth of energy)

What should be done with the calculation that we currently have in Pikachu's profile?

Hmm, perhaps add a "Potentially higher by absorbing electricity?"

Problem is, it's not potential. We have a full calc with peak absorption. 8-A with absorbing peak electricity works best imo.

Also, should surf, fly, and iron tail be removed? Surf and Fly are event exclusive moves and Iron tail can only be learned by Tutoring and (In the past games) TM.

Attack Potency: Building level normally (Regularly produces electrical attacks comparable in power to real lightning, which have 5 Gigajoules worth of energy). At most Multi-City Block level by absorbing electricity ("link to calc")

Would this be okay?

Well, iron tail is iconic for Ash's Pikachu, so that move should probably remain. Surf and Fly should probably be removed however.

Wait isnt there a pikachu in the anime that can manipulate waves or something like using Surf? and i thought the manga was usuable here because of it being comparable to the anime as tetirary canon?

Youre thinking of Puka, a Pikachu that just has the ability to sense changes in the tides and is able to surf on a surfboard. And in the manga Pika is similar, just surfing with a surfboard, and ChuChu just tied balloons to herself to "fly".

Reopening this real quick because I realized that Pikachu's durability got downgraded too. However, Pikachu had that aforementioned Dragonair feat, as well as having battled Dragonite and Charizard.

IIRC that dragonair feat was a manga feat where he tanked a City level attack, which im pretty sure would be considered inconsistent with the rest of his durability feats

We so have characters who are higher in durability than in AP. Case in point: Yoshi. And characters with less, like Kaguya and Yhwach. Heck. Pikachu's durability was town compared to MCB AP like last year. While yes, Pokemon is inconsistent af, not everything could be overlooked due to scaling to AP

Hmm, I guess so, but I could've sworn he has been consistently beaten by much less before...Anyways, what do you propose his Durability should be?

I agree that durability can recurrently be greater than AP.

Indeed it can, so what should we use as a durability feat? I think the most damage he's taken in the anime is a Giga Impact from Latios or a Focus Punch from Regice.

Shouldn't the fact that he survived absorbing electricity that amped him to MCB apply it to his durability?

Nah. It is most likely a specific absorption ability.

Perhaps Pikachu's durability can be changed to:

Durability: At least Building level, likely higher

For Building level, it's because Pikachu is able to take attacks from monsters around his level, along with tanking Rhydon and Mega Lucario's attacks (which blew up a part of a cliff).

Okay. Thank you for the help to him then.

One more thing, because I'm not fully satisfied with the likely higher. The KE for Pikachu moving at his Mach 808 speeds is 230426390208 joules, which is city block level.

Huh, so it is, City Block level+ as a matter of fact, but i dont know if that would be considered calc stacking...

I believe we used a character's speed at one point to find his AP (such as Guts lightning dodging speed along with his dragonslayer), and considering that Pikachu has an actual listed weight of 6 kg, I think we should be able to derive KE from it.

Also using Pikachu's weight along with mach 808 speed brings him to City Block level...

Really? Then (Sorry that this is off topic but) why wouldn't this be accepted?

Pikachu's KE with mach 808 is only high-end City Block level Cross...

Back