• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Marvel and DC characters

So, I've only got a passing interest in Marvel and DC as verses, but a question came to mind recently.

I know that a lot of fights end up counting as outliers for these verses for one reason or another in order to keep the AP/Durability/Speed scaling chains from getting too crazy, but does that also apply for any Powers and Abilities the character would have gained from the fight as well?

And if it does, what are some abilities that characters would have if not for the outlier preventing it?

Last edited:
Typically that's rarer since most characters aren't required to constantly show hax to have it on their P&A, while having antifeats to your stats is a legit reason for downgrading them. So usually unless there's an explicit contradiction (I almost ran into one with Blade, who is shown turning into a bat twice, but states once afterwards that he cannot do that. It's 2 to 1 so I kept it but had it been the other way, I wouldn't have included it) or the hax is passive, in which case it not being consistent would likely get it removed, almost all abilities are kept.

So, I've only got a passing interest in Marvel and DC as verses, but a question came to mind recently.

I know that a lot of fights end up counting as outliers for these verses for one reason or another in order to keep the AP/Durability/Speed scaling chains from getting too crazy, but does that also apply for any Powers and Abilities the character would have gained from the fight as well?

And if it does, what are some abilities that characters would have if not for the outlier preventing it?
There is an example on the Pre-Rebirth Man-Thing's page
also on Shang-Chi's page
  • It is unclear as to whether Shang-Chi retains his power of Self-Duplication from the Origin Bomb
and technically on the Captain Marvel page, where in actuality it is never clarified if he retains his powers from the "Powered by Zo" era

It's mostly context dependent though, sometimes the powers are too damn strong and potent for characters to just not use them

The more I learn about how powerscaling the comics works the more respect I have for people who comb through all of it to find as accurate an answer as possible. I'd never have the patience to do all of that, lol

It's kind of a pain sometimes but typically it ain't too bad, you just read the stuff a character has and usually they fall in one tier without too many exceptions

Back