• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Higher Dimensional Existence/Manipulation and Tier 1

Okay, this is a topic I've never really tackled and I am pretty ignorant about, so apologies in advance for the silly question.

The pages describe Existence as, simply put, having more dimensions than the usual 3 and Manipulation as being able to control spatio-temporal dimensions above 3D. So my questions are as follows:
  • Do all characters above 2-A have these abilities by default (from what I understand, once you enter Low 1-C you are above 3D)?
  • Does having these abilities land a character on tier 1 (for example, the story does mention an enemy is a "higher being" or from a "higher dimension" and the character can hurt or otherwise affect it) or is possible for the character to be from a lower tier and have higher dimensional manipulation?
  • Related to the previous question, is it possible for these abilities to come into play without affecting Tiers? For example, the story give a typical "it's a higher being from a different plane who can only manifest a fraction of himself in our world", but otherwise no other evidence for said character being 5D, 6D or such.

Thanks in advance

Do all characters above 2-A have these abilities by default (from what I understand, once you enter Low 1-C you are above 3D)?

I assume you're asking if they have HDE by default, then no. Merely existing above a 4 dimensional world wouldn't grant you that...unless further context is given such as the character is a native at that realm or such.

Does having these abilities land a character on tier 1 (for example, the story does mention an enemy is a "higher being" or from a "higher dimension" and the character can hurt or otherwise affect it) or is possible for the character to be from a lower tier and have higher dimensional manipulation?

Since you assumed they do indeed qualify for tier 1, then yes. It should grant them tier 1 if they're capable of manipulating such a structure through strength. Yes it is possible for such a character to be lower dimensional but have higher dimensional manipulation.

Related to the previous question, is it possible for these abilities to come into play without affecting Tiers? For example, the story give a typical "it's a higher being from a different plane who can only manifest a fraction of himself in our world", but otherwise no other evidence for said character being 5D, 6D or such

I guess... since it's possible for the character to only have it as hax and not AP or the such.

This is my opinion of course, based on some sources, I maybe wrong.

Do all characters above 2-A have these abilities by default (from what I understand, once you enter Low 1-C you are above 3D)?
No, it could just be AP. There are many characters with higher dimensional power without the existence
Does having these abilities land a character on tier 1 (for example, the story does mention an enemy is a "higher being" or from a "higher dimension" and the character can hurt or otherwise affect it) or is possible for the character to be from a lower tier and have higher dimensional manipulation?
HDE doesn't equate to AP or durability. Literal dimensions are simply axes of direction. But for reality-fiction difference dimensions, it should make a HDE character tier 2 or 1. Yes, you can have HDM and be a lower tier, if it is merely hax, rather than sheer strength
Related to the previous question, is it possible for these abilities to come into play without affecting Tiers? For example, the story give a typical "it's a higher being from a different plane who can only manifest a fraction of himself in our world", but otherwise no other evidence for said character being 5D, 6D or such.
Absolutely

Ah, alright, makes a lot of sense. I do recall seeing in discussion about Tier 1 characters and people mentioning how they didn't have Higher Dimensional Manip and stuff of the sort.

But this clears up things a lot for me. Thanks guys!

Back