• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Discussion Topics from people from the same country

Okay, I know these discussion threads got banned for being hard to moderate and so on. Since people were speaking in their own language.

But what if people still speak in English?

Like, there would be these threads for people from the same country to talk to. But for this moderation thing, be advised that it is to continue speaking in English.

Would there be any problem with that?

Because for example, in my case, in the Brazil discussion, it was being talked about some Brazilian verses that we could bring to the wiki. And since they were Brazilian verses, practically only Brazilians would know or be interested in x verse.

So it would be a way to call the attention of other users to this x verse, and then create a discussion thread specifically for it.

Okay, I know these discussion threads got banned for being hard to moderate and so on. Since people were speaking in their own language.

But what if people still speak in English?

Like, there would be these threads for people from the same country to talk to. But for this moderation thing, be advised that it is to continue speaking in English.

Would there be any problem with that?

Because for example, in my case, in the Brazil discussion, it was being talked about some Brazilian verses that we could bring to the wiki. And since they were Brazilian verses, practically only Brazilians would know or be interested in x verse.

So it would be a way to call the attention of other users to this x verse, and then create a discussion thread specifically for it.
It should be fine. The rule is only against using non English languages in threads. So if u have any particular discussion thread that is in English, then I guess there should be no issue, since it can be moderated.

I have no personal issue with this and, when discussing the rule against non-English languages, never intended for it to block discussions based on region: as long as it can be moderated without the assistance of shady Google Translate results, then I have no problem with it.

I have no personal issue with this and, when discussing the rule against non-English languages, never intended for it to block discussions based on region: as long as it can be moderated without the assistance of shady Google Translate results, then I have no problem with it.
So can I create a thread for this?

Or would it want to go through some thread to be accepted?

I can put in the title in parentheses that have to be spoken in English.

Can that rule ever be changed or amended if there are moderators available to moderate such non english discussion threads who are proficient in the respective languages?

Can that rule ever be changed or amended if there are moderators available to moderate such non english discussion threads who are proficient in the respective languages?
Dude, that would practically not be possible. Find moderators who speak every foreign language.

It is better to continue being spoken English.

Dude, that would practically not be possible. Find moderators who speak every foreign language.
I didn't mean that at all, lol. But I guess that's what it seemed like according to how I worded it.

I meant to say if we had sufficient number of staff say 2 or 3 moderators who speak the language say Spanish, then can we be permitted to have discussions in Spanish in a thread.
Also said moderators would volunteer to moderate that thread.

I find it unlikely that our mod team would ever be well enough equipped with speakers of other languages to allow such a thing, but I suppose if we all suddenly learned Russian, we would probably be able to allow Russian-spoken discussion. I don't see a point in pursuing that sort of rule change, though.

I find it unlikely that our mod team would ever be well enough equipped with speakers of other languages to allow such a thing, but I suppose if we all suddenly learned Russian, we would probably be able to allow Russian-spoken discussion. I don't see a point in pursuing that sort of rule change, though.
No, as far as someone has also mentioned this, it's fine (if I am allowed to speak here since I created the rule and discussion regarding this)

Is this good?

If that's good for you too, I think this can be closed then.

Back