• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Diamond Creation feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at Nomi no Sukune's feat and I realized something, yes, we do know the pressure at which carbon turns to diamonds, but we completely ignore the fact that diamonds take 1 to 3 billion years to form under such conditions, so I started wondering, is there a relation between the time it takes and pressure? As in, if I were to increase pressure, would the process be faster? And what's the proportion? Could we say that if I double the pressure, the time required is halved? Can anyone give me an answer with (at least some) scientific backing?

A simplified version of it essentially;

Basically, it depends on how much heat and pressure is applied to it. So yes, if you double the pressure and temperature - ofc the right one - you can cut its time in half.

A simplified version of it essentially;

Basically, it depends on how much heat and pressure is applied to it. So yes, if you double the pressure and temperature - ofc the right one - you can cut its time in half.
I can't find anything in that link to support the idea of pressure and time being inversely proportional,am I missing something? Is age catching up with me?

mh, I see.

I think I'll ask on Calc Group Discussion, just to be sure. They are the go-to when it comes to this stuff, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back