• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Diamond Creation feats

I already asked this on Questions and Answers but I decided to post it here again because I'm pretty sure you guys are the science wizes around here.

I think this applies to all diamond creation feats, but I was specifically looking at Nomi no Sukune's feat and I realized something, yes, we do know the pressure at which carbon turns to diamonds (at least in Baki), but we completely ignore the fact that diamonds take 1 to 3 billion years to form under such conditions, so I started wondering, is there a relation between the time it takes and pressure? As in, if I were to increase pressure, would the process be faster? And what's the proportion? Could we say that if I double the pressure, the time required is halved? Can anyone give me an answer with (at least some) scientific backing, be it an experiment, a paper or just good ol' logic?

I think diamonds are technically not created from coal at all, as coal is actually not pure carbon.
That aside, no idea. Some sites say that meteor impacts can form diamonds, so it probably is possible to do it fast. In fact, I'm not even sure how fast it would be in an ideal controlled environment. Some sides say that the time it takes is very uncertain.

Back