• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about densities in calculations

Say character X creates a planetoid that has a stated mass of 3 Solar Masses and is 8km in radius but is not a black hole (not quite)
Then I calculate the density to be a specific value

Then Character Y uses Character X’s same power to creates a planetoid that is 900m in radius

Would it be allowed for me to use the density discovered for character X to calculate the mass of Character Y’s planetoid?
Or would that be be considered Calc stacking?

Very specific question I know.

Say character X creates a planetoid that has a stated mass of 3 Solar Masses and is 8km in radius but is not a black hole (not quite)
Then I calculate the density to be a specific value

Then Character Y uses Character X’s same power to creates a planetoid that is 900m in radius

Would it be allowed for me to use the density discovered for character X to calculate the mass of Character Y’s planetoid?
Or would that be be considered Calc stacking?

Very specific question I know.
I'm p sure you should be able to calculate density regardless, especially if the said power has a stated for mass for the things it creates

Our calc stacking rules aren’t as clear on stuff like this, but at the very least it would need to be a situation where the density can’t have changed.
So for instance, if the power is to create a specific fictional material that’s noted to be super dense/heavy, and that’s why it has such a high weight, and there’s nothing going on such as pressurizing or compacting the material that could effect the density, then this might be okay.
On the other hand, if it’s something like taking a bunch of material from the surroundings and crushing them together, you can’t guarantee the original materials have the same density, or the new material has been compressed to the same extent, so this wouldn’t be allowed.

Back