• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Conceptual Manipulation

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Is possible to exist some kind of "Nigh-Conceptual Manipulation" or the ability to Manipulate a certain concept but not the others?

Conceptual manipulation usually doesn't involve all concepts.

For example dimensions, math, logic, power in general, Stronger and weaker are all concepts, which if completly manipulated could turn the user easily in a 1-A being, which often isn't what such characters are ranked as.

Basically like someone with fire manipulation can not necessarily control every fire in existence completly, someone with conceptual manipulation usually can not manipulate truly all concepts.

If it is only one or a few specific concepts though I would consider not giving the character conceptual manipulation, as that can often appear equivalent to other powers (like a charcter that can only manipulate the concept of time, is probably better described with time manipulation)

@DontTalk and where would be the point when a character with conceptual manipulation starts to be like "too broken" (like advanced reality warping or sometime like that)?

"too broken"? Is there such a thing on this website? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you mean at which point conceptional manipulation rivals advanced reality warping depends on what you mean with advanced. The most powerful reality warping includes conceptual manipulation per default, soooo....

DontTalk said:
"too broken"? Is there such a thing on this website? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If you mean at which point conceptional manipulation rivals advanced reality warping depends on what you mean with advanced. The most powerful reality warping includes conceptual manipulation per default, soooo....
As you might manipulate the concept of distance and teleport anywhere or manipulate the concept of existence and disaspear all you want. I mean, at what point the conceptual manipulation becomes a power that would rather not face in a battle? That is, I dunno if I explain myself very well...

PD.: Dat face ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I would rather not face any superpower in battle, given that I would most certainly die...

So at the point were someone can get any advantage in battle through the ability?

It becomes hax enough to be important to battles at the point that it... well becomes hax to be honest. Or in other words at the point were the ability allows one to ignore one or multiple statistics of opponents or make them irrelevant to a certain extent.

I know I am great at answering subjective questions....

question, if a character is capable to manipulate concept and can create entire universes or multiverses from nothing, if that mean she/he/it in theory can manipulate every concept? since in order to create an entire new universes or multiverses she/he/it need to create every concept that will exist in that universes/multiverses?

since in order to create an entire new universes or multiverses she/he/it need to create every concept that will exist in that universes/multiverses?

No. He/she/it can use already existed concepts.

A6colute said:
since in order to create an entire new universes or multiverses she/he/it need to create every concept that will exist in that universes/multiverses?
No. He/she/it can use already existed concepts.
Ok and Thanks.

I was gonna make a new thread but I guess since this relates to questions about Conceptual Manipulation it may be unnessesary to create an entire thread.

So I've been wondering two things:

1. Could a person who erases a concept still remember that concept? And if so wouldn't that mean the concept still indeed exists (at least in that user's mind)

2. If a concept is erased is it like a chronological thing (Like the concept of that thing USED to exist, but does not anymore) or would it be like said concept never even existed to begin with?

From what i understand is such beings/things with such concept creation powers are beyond the concept of concept,so it technically knows about all concepts but then it knows nothing,it just makes it be or not be,so lesser beings can exist bound by it.

KazarianFahs said:
From what i understand is such beings/things with such concept creation powers are beyond the concept of concept,so it technically knows about all concepts but then it knows nothing,it just makes it be or not be so lesser beings can exist bound by it.
So basically a user of this ability would be immune to the potential paradox it could cause?

Back