• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about a Rpg manual and beta version.

I finished reading Die a comic based on the RPG like D&D (although paradoxically Die creates D&D).

summarizing the comic:
the protagonists are sent to a fantasy world created by his friend Solomon, blah blah blah, the game itself is a small multiverse where players from other times of the real world (from the comic) can enter, there are as many players as there are people So what am I going for?

the comic loves to break the fourth wall and literally says that die is for all players who want to escape from the "real world" so a real life game was created based on using the same characters as examples to create your own story, which is confirmed to be in the same canon only they exist in separate pocket dimensions, which leads me to ask can the Rpg Manual be used to scale Comics characters?

that would be my first question the second (which is more an extension of the first) is that RPG Die is still in Beta, in version 1.46 (if I remember correctly), so I have to wait for the game to be released to use the manual or can I use the betas?

or do I have to create the Comic profile without anything from the RPG

Links don't work, but I know about the comic you are talking about, read most of it.

As for your questions,
  1. No, we cannot do that. However, we can use the game as a secondary canon if everything is in line with the original comic.
  2. I think waiting for the game to come out would better, but I don't think we have a rule against using betas in a situation like this
  3. Creating it based on the comic itself would be far better. But once the game comes you, you could probably add. A new key to it

the comic loves to break the fourth wall and literally says that die is for all players who want to escape from the "real world" so a real life game was created based on using the same characters as examples to create your own story, which is confirmed to be in the same canon only they exist in separate pocket dimensions, which leads me to ask can the Rpg Manual be used to scale Comics characters?
Theoretically yes, assuming everything lines up correctly

that would be my first question the second (which is more an extension of the first) is that RPG Die is still in Beta, in version 1.46 (if I remember correctly), so I have to wait for the game to be released to use the manual or can I use the betas?
You can make a profile for it, the main issue being is that a beta release may have retconned information by the time it's fully released.

Back