• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quaggled Mireclops vs Coconut Crab

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Well, arachnid-like creature vs arachnid-like creature. That's something you don't see often. On one hand, we have the three-legged Quaggled Mireclops, who can trash re-entry-surviving spaceships the size of soda cans and swallow cantaloupes whole, has carapace size of 66 cm, and has a legspan of 94 cm. On the other hand, we the coconut crab, the creature with strong claw and a habit of cutting into coconuts and has a legspan of upwards 1 meter. There are two terms I'd like to put up.

1. Speed is equalized.

2. Starting distance is ten feet.

Here are their profiles:

Quaggled Mireclops' Profile

Coconut Crab's Profile

Who takes this?

Quaggled Mireclops
Coconut crab
Quaggled Mireclops: 0
Coconut Crab: 1 (ArbitraryNumbers)

Inconclusive: 0

After watching a video, the Mireclops doesn't seem to be very fast at all compared to the coconut crab, which can move surprisingly fast. The Mireclops doesn't seem to have any means of grabbing the crab, either.

But damaging the hocotate ship is a pretty impressive feat too. If it's made of metal, then it should at least be 9-C, even for an object of that size, especially if it can survive crashlanding from outer space. I don't think the crab can even do something like that with its entire body weight.

If the crab grabs onto the Mireclops' feet or fruit, it'll be curtains, but I don't know if the crab can really harm the Mireclops aside from that. Is the Mireclops made of stone on the outside, or just dirt?

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Is the Mireclops made of stone on the outside, or just dirt?
Ya mean the body? Probably just dirt. I don't think the plants can grow as much as they did if they were on stone, I mean those aren't climbing vines.

If that's the case, the crab could take it. But I definitely think that Hocotate ship feat should be higher than just 10-C+.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
If that's the case, the crab could take it. But I definitely think that Hocotate ship feat should be higher than just 10-C+.
I mean the thing looks to be about the size of a soda can. Given spaceships and soda cans were built out of the same material, not sure if I'd be missing out on much.

Okay, that makes more sense then.

I'll give it to the crab. It can grip the Mireclops, its faster and can run backwards if it needs to, and it could probably do severe damage with one pinch.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Okay, that makes more sense then.
I'll give it to the crab. It can grip the Mireclops, its faster and can run backwards if it needs to, and it could probably do severe damage with one pinch.
K, but speed is equalized, tho.

That might change things a little, since the crab might actually take a few hits. I could easily see the Mireclops crushing some of the crab's legs, but that pincer is still going to be a huge obstacle for it. And if it grabs the fruit on its back, or the fleshy parts of its legs, it's basically over.

Yeah, that Hocotate spaceship destruction feat seems be some kind of [induced....] uh, power? I mean, let's be honest: If the Mireclops had enough crushing power to destroy metal from a spaceship, which i presume has the same type of material as a real-life one, it would kill Olimar in a single hit with it's attacks. Either that, or the spaceship is made of the same material as tin cans. That would make more sense.

Anyways, voting for the crab FRA. I imagine that first instinct will be to grab the Mireclop's feet with it's claw, which would lead to him winning since it would leave the Mireclops defenseless.

Yeah, that Hocotate spaceship destruction feat seems be some kind of [induced....] uh, power? I mean, let's be honest: If the Mireclops had enough crushing power to destroy metal from a spaceship, which i presume has the same type of material as a real-life one, it would kill Olimar in a single hit with it's attacks. Either that, or the spaceship is made of the same material as tin cans. That would make more sense.

Anyways, voting for the crab FRA. I imagine that first instinct will be to grab the Mireclop's feet with it's claw, which would lead to him winning since it would leave the Mireclops defenseless.

Back