• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pyra and Mythra’s Island level

PhantomØ4

He/Him
Hello, I was wondering why Mythra and Pyra are rated as Island level on their profiles without an actual calculation?

The actual showings they have in the game pale when we actually compare them to their statements of Multi-Continental (which have been down played as an eyeball?) and we don’t have the details of how they sunk the Titans

Actually, in golden country (2:28:00) we actually get a battle between Aegis and their destructive capacity and we don’t see any attacks anywhere near island level (and this is even when they’re in their Mechs) and at 20:30:32 we actually see Mythra going berserk and spamming hundreds of bullets which hit the Titan and kill it (thus sinking it).

Furthermore later on we actually get to see craters created by the attacks and they are very clearly not island level.

Island level was just a lowball for people who were skeptical about titan sizes. However, Great Titans are stated to be large enough to contain multiple counties and described as Continents. Though, low end portrayals are just common flaws for in game graphics. There's also statements of Mor Ardain specifically being 2000 km tall or something like that. Or at least almost as big as the Bionis and Mechonis.

Also, the clash between Mythra and Malos generated the shockwave that destroyed three continents. Also, the "Lack of destruction in other showings" isn't a very good argument either as fiction always either doesn't know how to stay consistent or characters control their energy when they're actively not trying to cause destruction.

Do continents as we know them even exist in Xenoblade 2? If so do you know when or where they were seen? Because I thought it was all just an endless sea of clouds with titans. Genuine question. I haven’t played the game and it would make more sense because if not then their idea of a continent is questionable and would obviously be warped around their biggest land masses (Titans)

If it’s by game limitations but we have an idea of the factor of increase for the actual Titans couldn’t the feats be like, actually calced and be increased by the factor of the conservative estimates?

Yeah, I’m aware of this “energy control” and you took it off context. I was saying that statements don’t make much sense when their actual showings don’t go along with the statements, much different from doing a feat and then the rest of feats show a lack of destruction. Secondly, the second time stamp I provided and the destructive showings that we’re given by craters in game were performed by a berserk Mythra who clearly lacked any control and was just destroying everything so I don’t know why energy control would be a thing. (And even then it took hundreds of blasts to kill the Titans)

Even with their size; Titans are kinda living beings so you don’t need to destroy all of them or even a majority of them to kill them and that was also shown on the cutscene I provided & unlike Bionis they don’t behave like combatants and much more like land masses (the actually big ones anyways)

There aren't any like traditional landmasses on Xenoblade, just Continent sized titans. Also, I'd argue that being living Continents could hint them being more durable than regular continents since they have core crystals and the like and produce kinetic energy similar to blades. And by newton's 3rd law, there kinetic energy calculations would scale to their durability. Although, I do think it might be worth finding some way to calculate the kinetic energy of their body movements and the like.

Side note, there was also a statement from Malos saying that the power of a single Artifice surpasses that of even the largest Titans.

Well, yeah, then their statements of being “continents” do really hold up as much since their idea of a continent or continent sized isn’t Europe, North America, ect… it’s Titans.

I’d say it more so depends on their rate of acceleration actually if we use their whole “Continental mass”, which we likely don’t don’t know because even if they move at 300 km/h that doesn’t mean that if they withstood an acceleration of 300 km/s^2 (which is what they would actually take on newtwon’s third law) and they never actually had a collision that made them recoil all that energy back for a durability rating iirc.

Appendages moving would obviously be lighter than their whole mass but would probably yield usable results.
Anything that generally gets rid of the eyeballed ratings would be better tbh.

If we genuinely don’t know the a factor to increase size to increase the Titans it would probably be better work with what is there and worse case scenario have a rating like “At least ______, likely much higher” and add details of Titans likely being much bigger.

That malos statement makes it so that it makes sense to scale to the kinetic energy tho I guess.

Back