• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Put d&d in Street level or Below

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the D&D verse need a massive Downgrade.

1- The Deities are below street level, a wall with 1 Foot thicknes has a hardness of 8 and 90 hit points, the stronger deity does not one shot the wall because Hercules for example has a 50 strenght score. Even Mike Tyson can kill the deities
2- an epic Character can do 4 attacks in one Round, they are far below normal human any boxer can solo the verse
3-Hercules has 50 strenght so 10 tonner he's get fodderizzed by Spiderman
4-there are entire thread to maximize below mach 1, a bullet timer blizt the verse.
5- The incorporeality is NLF a granade can kill an incorporeal and an ethereal creature because force is KE
6-Save or suck/Die can very translate in save try to hit with a will save a shonen protagonist

8cbcba7714ef94b4a8750bc823954a33.png

Oh wait this isn't Fun and Games, you're serious.

You're citing game mechanics in an attempt to downgrade a verse with countless hours of work on it. You're actually serious. Oh dear.

Okay.

Gods. They can fight the Leviathan in their avatar forms. The Leviathan specifically sinks continents by moving about and would break the entire planet by waking up. Hence the 5-B rating. They also of course upscale from monsters such as the Murderoid and Genius Loci (both of which are small moons), and Phaethon, who is the heat source of the cores of worlds. Their Tier 2 forms should be even more obvious than this, since the above monsters aren't contained in the core books. Feats such as Demon Lords (inferior to gods) twisting the Prime Material into another layer of the Abyss, Lolth separating her layer of the abyss into its own universe, Tharizdun moving the entire multiverse of the Abyss to the bottom of the Elemental Chaos, and Kord causing a storm that still ravages the Elemental Chaos to this day, by jumping- all of these are undeniable Tier 2 feats. Quoting the statistics of a wall does not overcome lore.

The **** kinda epic character are you running lol. An epic level fighter can do an absurd quantity of attacks per round. Not that this is even really an argument. Again, you're citing game mechanics and ignoring the fact that by the same logic they're dodging lightning, light, bullets, arrows, etc.

This isn't a point and makes me think this might be spite? Over Marvel being lower tiered?

Again, yes, game mechanics. The verse comprises more than game mechanics, lad. Focus.

I mean. Unless that grenade is magic (which, to be fair, guns and shit are often counted as magic in D&D, so not unlikely), then this is just objectively false. Full incorporeality can't be damaged by non-magic stuff.

What lmao

I'm closing this as it comes off as either spite or bait, since most of the points are "dnd fodder :( downgrade plz". If you wanna take the time to compile an actual thread to dismantle the feats, I suppose I can't stop you, but I assure you that you're just wrong on this one, chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back