• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi misc revisions: Acausality + Tart edition

As for Tart's doppel, I think we assumed that it worked based on the "weight" of the affected's sins, but it's a baseless assumption unless I'm missing something

@Genki

It's more that memories and powers are tied.

So Madoka losing her memories -> Madoka losing her powers basically

Makes sense

It's also supported by the various Mimicry users in the verse usually having it being based on memories

Weapon Creation is now a thing, RIP we have to edit all the profiles.

We should probably split updating them according to their origin media (Kazumi Magica, Tart Magica, Portable, Magia Record, etc).

The one time that a revision affected only a handful of profiles.

RIP.

I can't edit much tho.

Busy till Saturday as university is starting

Okay, well luckily its a "small" change, so I think I can get the supporters to help.

No need.

Because the argument was "2-A absorption gg" which isn't in character

I always had the issue with 2-A absorption for Homura. Glad that it is finally resolved.

Btw, what did we agree on about LoC Sayaka's AP?

"Possibly High 7-A"

Personally, I feel like "At least 7-B, Possibly High 7-A" works a bit better, but whichever one works.

I like how the minor thing that I added at the bottom just because I was making a thread anyway is more debated that the main stuff (aka type 5 and literally everything concerning Isabeau)

Because that's the easiest thing to debate. Or, people care about Sayacopter more ovo

But okay, I'll side with "At least 7-B, possibly High 7-A".

I agree with the Stuffs stated by Kalt here since it makes more sense

However I have a Question regarding the Acausality part. If Madoka has Type 5 Acausality, how was incubators and Homura able to interact with her?? Assuming it's valid, shouldn't Akuma Homura get that too considering she's on the same level as Madoka??

Neither of them interacted with the LoC directly, they did it through Madoka's avatars.

The Incubators captured her avatar, and nothing more than that really.

Homura mind haxed it, and affected the LoC in the process. Plus Homura already has a deeper connection to Madoka than anyone else (being the only one who remembers her, being a crystallized magical girl, being the only one who became Madoka's equal etc) so it makes sense that she would be the one able to directly affect her.

Type 5 is Madoka only

5B Isabeau seems fine if she was literally going to be as strong as a witch having a 5B barrier

I think that the first post seems to make sense.

My apologies for not noticing this thread earlier. My monitoring page automatically filters away what the administrators are doing, since I trust their senses of judgement.

Don't worry about that. It helps you reducing your workload, it's completely fine

@Gar

Actually Isabeau was eventually going to envelop the planet in her barrier. She doesn't scale from anyone

I have not read through the entirety of this thread, so forgive me if there is more proof elsewhere, but I do not believe Quebey saying "this world will lose any value" equates to Isabeau's barrier enveloping the planet.

I can post scans when I get home, but essentially the conversation is:

-Isabeau has created a France sized barrier

-Within this barrier, she can create magical girls who do not create energy for Kyubey

-If she expands it further, the whole world will become useless for Kyubey, meaning no more magical girls producing energy.

He also directly correlates that with Isabeau expanding her territory

I understood the conversation, but that still doesn't directly correlate with a planet sized barrier.

It would be possible to make the world "useless" just by ******* up enough of it, not necessarily swallowing the whole thing.

I mean, I guess? The Incubators have created magical girls all across the globe, so she definitely wouldn't mess up things enough only with a France sized barrier.

Not sure how to properly rate it however

"Unknown" or "likely higher" are usually useful.

"At least 6-B (Created a labyrinth encompassing all of France at her weakest), far higher at her peak (Kyubey stated that if Isabeau managed to extend her territory,the entire planet would lose any value for them)" could work?

I suppose so, yes, but it depends on what Monarch thinks.

Agree with everything else

I assume invulnerabilty is only applicable against magical girls though based on that wish? Also how do they defeat Isabeau then?

Yeah it's only against magical girls.

Tart became a weird magical girl + witch combination (She literally had a Grief Seed instead of a Soul Gem according to Kyubey) which doesn't count as "magical girl", so she essentially abused a loophole and bypassed the invulnerability.

After beating her up for a while, Tart BFRd her to Heaven

So it seems like the changes can be applied then?

Back