• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Tony di Bugalu SHUSH YOU! DANM IT. Now it's in my head.....i hope your happy. :p

Your beliefs aren't applicable as evidence without them being in a crt and added to the profile. So for the moment salem dies from full cellular destruction, though if theres evidence for it being low godely it should be made into a crt so it can be properly evaluated/added,

Tony di bugalu said:
There is no basis to claim low godly tho.
Other then her soul being told that it transcends death and that anything lower then that means she can still die which goes against the point of the gods

@Tony Fine Ill have a prolouge up within the next two weeks, Ill post in the prototype thread when its out.

If anyone here feels regen should be low godley make a crt, esepcially since it doesn't have an effect overall in this battlle.

Lazy enough to elaborate in another place, if someone makes the CRT may debate there.

The only proof for that is that one line from there you have no proof to claim she has low godly, maybe type 5 immortality.

WeeklyBattles said:
She regenerates as long as the God of Light exists
Type 8 Immortality is not listed in Salem's profile. Also, the atoms being affected (such as freezing those atoms) should be beyond the puddle-regenerating rating that Salem has in her profile.

Not gonna lie that kinda sounds like type 5 immortality (not advocating that ovo)

By that logic, all RWBY characters should have Type 5 immortality because their souls are "unbound by death". OvO

WeeklyBattles said:
No? Only Salem is like that
That was clearly a joke for the Type 5 Immortality thing (still needs further proof for Salem to have type 5 immortality by the way).

Also, type 8 Immortality isn't listed in Salem's profile, so I don't think you can use the "as long as God of Light exists" type of immortality.

WeeklyBattles said:
She is banned from death by the guys that govern life and death, that is type 5
Needs more evidence. Did the Brother Gods explicitly state that Salem is beyond life and death? Did they say anything about her immortality outside of just "immortality" and her having "unlimited life"? How do we know it isn't just some amped up Regenerationn that they granted to Salem, or other less impressive forms of Immortality?

We can't assume that characters get Type 5 Immortality. We need some explicit statements and evidence, such as being beyond life and death.

You do not need more evidence than that my guy. Characters have type 5 with far less support than that.

And for your information yes they did.

WeeklyBattles said:
You do not need more evidence than that my guy. Characters have type 5 with far less support than that.
Kinda do for a type of immortality as resilient as Type 5, a type of immortality that literally requires abilities like Existence Erasure to bypass such. We don't want to risk extrapolating a character's abilities to be beyond their canon depictions through just interpretations alone.

Edit: Also, examples type 5 immortal characters with less support than that?

Not gonna lie but statements are going to need more backings usually. Not contesting for Salem's regen or immortality rn but if there are other regen or immortality feats with "less validation" then they should be discussed on whether they should be kept too.

WeeklyBattles said:
There is a blatant statement that she lacks the ability to die
For all we know, that could just mean that she can't die conventionally. For all we know, it could just be referring to RWBY characters lacking the means (such as lacking the firepower, or lacking the proper measures) to kill her outside of the Brother Gods.

Also, examples of type 5 immortal characters with less support than this?

The God Brothers flat out stated that she is removed from death as they removed her abolity to die. You cannot be any more blatsnt than this

Considering the brother gods lack of omnipotence and forsight I would take most of their statments with a grain of salt... Their exact words were her soul is banished from death, that could mean she has type five, or it could mean if her body was destroyed her soul would continue to exist.

I mean, it's pretty nfl-ish to assume she can regenerate back from something she has never regenerated from, so let's say, one attack that does more damage than what she has shown to be able to regenerate should be enough.

As for the match, maybe some votes?

Not on her profile, I was simply pointing out we can't take everything they say at face value. as they aren't all knowing beings, heck they got fooled by humans!

So them using flowery language to "Banish her soul from death" Does not instantly mean she's type five. Especially as they use the word soul, which could mean type five, or simply that even if her body is destroyed her soul contiues to exist. As she lacks low godely that leaves her pretty screwed...

They are omniscient, they created the concept of Knowledge lol

Its not flowery language, you'd have to prove that it is if you want to try to discredit it

Also they banned her soul from moving on and cursed her to forever walk the earth and made her be forced to regeerate from everything so its pretty damn bovious its not just her soul that survives

WeeklyBattles said:
The God Brothers flat out stated that she is removed from death as they removed her abolity to die. You cannot be any more blatsnt than this
I've rechecked RWBY, and all the Brother Gods said was that they made her "immortal", that she can't die as long as "this world turns" unless she "learns the importance of life and death". The best I can find is something about souls and Salem, that's about it. Jinn herself states that Ozma can't "rid the world of her through any mortal means". Notice the words "any mortal means" being used rather than "any means"? That implies that her Immortality isn't quite absolute enough to fit into Type 5 Immortality like you're thinking, as there are means to kill her somewhere. So I doubt that Salem can be resilient enough to only be permanently taken down by abilities such as Existence Erasure.

Also, nowhere in Salem's past in Volume 6 did the Gods say anything about her being beyond death (or beyond life and death), just that she's "immortal". In fiction, there are different levels of "immortality", so that isn't really enough of an evidence for Type 5 immortality from what I've seen.

They were tricked by humans, twice, makeing the concept of knowledge does not in any way make something ominiscient. (Not to mention i couldn't find any mention of them creating the concept of knowledge)

from the profile: "Unaware of the ploy, the younger brother brought Ozmas back to life, nearly bringing the two to a fight. Finally learning that he was tricked"

Also: Salem, in her immortality, slowly influenced and turned humanity against the gods. Gathering together the armies of the world, she led a massive magical attack against the gods, and failed miserably. Seeing the humans turn their gifts against their creators

These gods are no where near omniscient

Look up the four relics, they created knowledge as well as creating jinn, who is omniscient

Case in point they are omniscient

And I just looked more into jinn who isn't tuly omniscient, Jinn can't view or answer questions about the future. just like the gods can't predict the future, they aren't all knowing. Its why they can be tricked.

edit: also the four relics represent the four gifts they granted humanity but it doesn't claim they "made the concept of knowledge" simply that they granted knowledge to humanity as one of their gifts. (even if we take that as them "creating" Knowledge that still wouldn't give them omniscience)

The pen or the sword said:
Then how were they fooled by humans? again creating something that is omniscinet is not itself a sign of ominiscience. If you really belive that make a crt to have it added to their profiles...
They have complete and full knowledge of the past not the future. So they are Nigho-Omniscient.

except I have some serious doubt they have full knowledge of the present as they couldn't see through salems deceptions, as they happened. If they truly had nigh omniscient they should have seen through her yet they didn't.

I agree jinn at least has nigh ominipotence but the gods have shown they don't share jinns perfect knowledge with there inablitity to see through salems schemes. And with all that Nigh omnisicent is not omnisicent

Back