• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Tony No actually that doesnt count as incap, damaging your opponent over and over again was decided as not qualifying for incap some time ago

In that thread there wasn't any opposition, only agreement, to the idea that one person passively killing the opponent for 24 hours counted as a win, only to the idea that doing it actively was opposed. So if that's what we base our standard on, then this should be Puck's win.

I am with wok regarding that so it counts as incap.

Also, Andy posted something and you seemed to agree with it:

"If you are actively keeping someone incaped then that won't count as a win via incap. If you just incap him in a way that you don't have to worry about doing anything more fir the next 24 hours, then that counts as a win.

It's pretty straightforward so I don't think the OP example can count as a victory."

That is what is happening here so it still counts as incap.

No my dude, it does not count as an incap as he would have to worry about freezing her every again few seconds

The discussion in that thread indicated that it was incap if the opponent repeatedly dies without you having to pay attention or do anything. She is repeatedly freezing to death by Puck doing nothing but existing in the general vicinity. Based on the thread you have given us to define incap, that is incap.

Im sorry but no, the thread indicates that haing to repeatedly damage the opponent oes not count as an incap

They are debating as to whether actively doing it counts as a win condition, but all agree that passively doing it is incapacitation.

Gyro: "If done actively (e.g. Vegeta punching Chowder for 24 hours) then no

If done passively (e.g. Golden King 'glaring' at Chowder for 24 hours) then yes"

Wokistan: "It's less that he can constantly kill (though with it being done passively, i'm fairly sure that's an incap either way) and more that eventually 682 just becomes totally unable to harm him."

You: "@Gyro The former is what i keep getting conflicted opinions on, some people have said yes and some people have said no."

The two replies both state that passive repeated killing is a win condition, you even state that it's really only active input that is even up for discussion. The only discussion of passive repeated killings from then on is more agree,ENT that it counts as incap

Andy: "If you are actively keeping someone incaped then that won't count as a win via incap. If you just incap him in a way that you don't have to worry about doing anything more fir the next 24 hours, then that counts as a win.

It's pretty straightforward so I don't think the OP example can count as a victory."

This is a straightforward case of Puck passively and repeatedly killing the opponent without having to do anything.

If Puck has to continuously attack Salem then at no point would he have ever stopped fighting. If he has never stopped then the match has never actually ended. I think that's what the point is (although the situation is TOTALLY more favorable for Puck).

Well fine then if thats the case then this would be a stomp as Puck passively beats Salem and there's nothing Salem can do to fight back

So Nico wanted me to reopen the thread, though I'm pretty sure it's a stomp in Salems direction regardless.

I should probably mention that Puck's freezing is not instantaneous unless he focuses on it. Check these video as reference:

https://youtu.be/GGfBoWR8AyE

There are two other times but there are barely any clips of Re:zero on YouTube so I cannot get them so I'll just explain:

1. An entire staircase is frozen solid, corpses all around frozen, Subaru walks through the stairway is very cold but continuous to walk. Then he sees a door at the end two frozen corpses next to it. He reaches for the door but then recoils immediately from the pain. He then realizes that his fingers are still on the handle frozen on there away from his hand. Then some frames later he is frozen solid.

From this he is passively frozen to death but not instantly, really only from the main source.

2. Puck kills the witch cultists. He doesn't passively freeze everything in the vicinity but instead kills them one by one. We see Puck and Subaru converse for some time and Subaru is getting cold, then colder, and then we see frost starting to cover him. Then we see him laughing with still frozen until he starts crumbling from being frozen.

So yeah it's not instant and Salem is capable of generating her own source of heat.

So anyway

Puck freezes her

Salem shatters into pieces and regens

Repeat for some time

Salem kills him

How is Salem going to regenerate from being frozen if her body is frozen? Her body can't just move and reform itself if it's still frozen. Using Terminator 2 as an example. T-1000 is frozen with nitrogen and shatters to pieces. His pieces are all hard and not moving to regenerate until molten lava melts the pieces freeing the T-1000 to move itself and reform.

This is just an analogy obviously the verses are different.

That doesn't change anything

If Salem is in pieces, her body parts are still separated and are damaged.

Thus, she regens

@Schnee it changes a lot. Please describe how her body would even regen? It's frozen and as such will not be moving.

Ok so not a stomp and it takes some time for Puck to freeze her. In that time Salem can generate a heat source or retaliate in some way by crushing with TK.

Speed is not equal so determining who is faster is also essential to the fight.

The pen or the sword said:
More importantly if salem is immortal as long as the god of light exist that needs to be added to her profile...

edit voting puck at the moment.
More like he placed the curse on her and is the one that can remove it.

The curse is that she was granted infinite life. So she regenerates. Personally I believe that it should be Low Godly Regen but the highest damage she's regened from is being reduced to a puddle.

Back