• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Public Approved Hero Round 1: Optimus Prime vs. Spider-Gwen (0-8-0)

Entrapping the opponents with webs, typically, especially a large opponent like Optimus

How strong are her webs? I remember it being able to tie down spider man level characters but I may be wrong

Nah, Spider-Gwen scales to Spider-Man, whose Class M is 5 × 10^8 kgs
Oof, so Gwen can probably incap with her webs.

Might as well list wincons for Optimus first before I hear arguments for Gwen:

It is in character for this Optimus to either start with ranged weaponry, or shoot while flying. Optimus does have the AP advantage here (Optimus easily stomped a 6.46 ton character while Gwen scales to 4.45 tons) meaning a single blows could likely be a GG for Gwen and Optimus could tank a decent amount of hits from Gwen. Optimus also has the Star Saber which can one shot characters like him, although I doubt he'd using it on someone weaker than him. Optimus is also smarter, being an experienced military strategist and fighter for millions of years, while Gwen doesn't have an explanation for her Gifted stat. So Optimus has the advantage in range, AP, skill and intelligence.

Optimus doesn't really have any useful hax here. His EE is useless against someone like Gwen, who's a hero.

In-verse standards for stomping are different, wiki demands a 7x gap for a oneshot, as such Optimus likely isn't oneshotting Gwen. AP difference is negligible as is

Gwen has a very great advantage in dodging thanks to her precog and mobility, and has a solid wincon thanks to her webs and lifting strength. This is an unconventional battle with no prep, so standard skill and ESPECIALLY intelligence aren't relevant, and range is trivial thanks to the evasiveness Gwen has.

At the end of the day it seems, Gwen has a secure wincon Optimus doesn't.

In-verse standards for stomping are different, wiki demands a 7x gap for a oneshot, as such Optimus likely isn't oneshotting Gwen. AP difference is negligible as is
I'm pretty sure it's actually 7.5 times. Also Optimus stomped a character stronger than Gwen. Would he not be able to overpower easily in AP?

Otherwise, Gwen fra

I'm pretty sure it's actually 7.5 times. Also Optimus stomped a character stronger than Gwen. Would he not be able to overpower easily in AP?

Otherwise, Gwen fra
It'll be a vague upscale, again, in-verse criteria for oneshot only infer upscales on-wiki.

I'll list my vote for Gwen too

Back