• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psykorochi Beam Split: OPM chapter 138

I think deflagration would be the best way to calc Psykos’ feat since Orochi’s attacks are pretty consistently fire-based.

Stop. I just noticed that AS and many dragons now have "Possibly mountain level+". Was my calculation accepted? YAY. Can you throw off the discussion in which my calculation was accepted? And by the way, why does the Samurai have "possibly mountain +"? After all, he directly showed this achievement. And why is it that almost everyone has "possibly a mountain +", while gouketsu just has a mountain level +?

Stop. I just noticed that AS and many dragons now have "Possibly mountain level+". Was my calculation accepted? YAY. Can you throw off the discussion in which my calculation was accepted? And by the way, why does the Samurai have "possibly mountain +"? After all, he directly showed this achievement. And why is it that almost everyone has "possibly a mountain +", while gouketsu just has a mountain level +?
That's because they're upscaling from Gouketsu. He's the reason there's a "possibly Mountain level+" for their pages.

If anyone wants to make a case for deflagration, you should do so now.

I personally prefer the ground-based explosion 4.69 megaton end, since the explosions are on the ground, but given the effect of Orochi's beams prior to fusing (flames everywhere) I could see a deflagration end. We only see Psykorochi's beams explode twice, one stray beam that lands near Snek and Max that could be deflag, could be a regular ground explosion, and then here.

I can't confirm the legitimacy of the deflagration calculation nor can I confirm it would even be more reliable than the standard explosives- such evidence was never provided to me for either end.

Looking at what you've posted Binoculars, I've changed my stance.

Judging from the results of those beams, I think deflagration makes sense. Earlier, I wasn't sure if Psykorochi's beams produced fireball like explosions because I thought that maybe Psykorochi's explosions were a completely different compared to Orochi's flaming beams. But looking at explosion number 3, which is the product of Psykorochi's jet beam, it looks like deflagration as well.

Furthermore, it makes sense that this beam would be the same type as regular Orochi,'s since it's being created by an Orochi dragon mouth, much like all the other fiery, deflag explosions, and not by the special God beams Psykorochi was using earlier to slice the earth.

Here's another example of Orochi's beams being deflagration:
tumblr_pprjcrrSpw1y9wx6ho5_500.jpg

This does not in fact answer both of my qualms.

"I can't confirm the legitimacy of the deflagration calculation"

This first issue. I've never heard of your deflagration calculation that you use in your calc nor am I aware of its correctness.

"I can't confirm the legitimacy of the deflagration calculation"

This first issue. I've never heard of your deflagration calculation that you use in your calc nor am I aware of its correctness.
Sure thing, here it is. Calc here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...flects_many_Psykorochi_beams_at_the_same_time

New method

The method was suggested by Ourosboros and discussed here.

Instead of the detonation formula, we take the deflagration formula. Because, as shown earlier, Orochi's beams in the previous chapters set objects on fire and melted them so that we can use them for clues about the type of explosion.

The explosion height is 95 pixels. Let's say the explosion is half an ellipsoid.

219.84375 / 5.8 × 95 = 3600.88900862 meters height.

Through this site, the volume of the ellipsoid is 22960037342.299 cubic meters. We need half an ellipsoid. As a result, the volume of the explosion is 11480018671.1 cubic meters.

11480018671.1 × 1.3311 × 13062500 × 10 (number of rays) = 1.9960875 × 10^18 joules, or 477.076362333 megatons (Mountain Level, 7-A).

"11480018671.1 × 1.3311 × 13062500 × 10 (number of rays) = 1.9960875 × 10^18 joules, or 477.076362333 megatons (Mountain Level, 7-A)."

This is the line of concern here. I need a source for this calculation method, where it came from. It certainly isn't standard for explosion calculations.

"11480018671.1 × 1.3311 × 13062500 × 10 (number of rays) = 1.9960875 × 10^18 joules, or 477.076362333 megatons (Mountain Level, 7-A)."

This is the line of concern here. I need a source for this calculation method, where it came from. It certainly isn't standard for explosion calculations.
Ah, now I'm getting it. This is the deflagration method Spinosaurus used here, and Jasonsith first applied here. Frankly, I haven't seen any subsonic deflagration equations on the official pages, it doesn't seem to have been used as much as it should. Jasonsith's calc describes it best.

Ah, we've gotten somewhere. The long and short of the method is then that it assumes no explosion occurred at all, at least in the normal sense, and purely calculates this as a heat exchange- the depletion of oxygen. With that said, to be clear- the reason you are going for solely deflagration is because the feats cause fires, or am I missing some pivotal piece of information? I'm still largely adverse to using this without explicit details to suggest it, given that it does result in the calculation of otherwise standard explosions being about 320x as potent by the math.

Ah, we've gotten somewhere. The long and short of the method is then that it assumes no explosion occurred at all, at least in the normal sense, and purely calculates this as a heat exchange- the depletion of oxygen. With that said, to be clear- the reason you are going for solely deflagration is because the feats cause fires, or am I missing some pivotal piece of information? I'm still largely adverse to using this without explicit details to suggest it, given that it does result in the calculation of otherwise standard explosions being about 320x as potent by the math.
Well, Orochi is based on Yamato No Orochi, the firebreathing 8 headed dragon of Japanese legend. His dragon heads breathe concentrated beams that disperse into flames upon impact, fire manipulation is on his profile and his final form is also on mostly fire. He's just a fiery guy in every sense of the word. If the beam shown in the aforementioned calc is the same type as those fire beams used previously, it stands to reason the resulting explosions would be similar fire pillars (burning air). The only real question in my mind is if the beam in question is the same as the concentrated fire beams seen before- which I feel is the case, now that Binoculars compared the explosions side by side and further thinking.

There's a possibility that these beams are not the fire beams, but rather light-based beams that this form of Psykos + Orochi is also known to have, but given how the beam is being emitted from a dragon-like mouth (AKA using Orochi's fiery powers) and not produced in a psychic like fashion- I think it's a fire beam.

The inspiration hardly matters, I suspect. If it's all the same to the thread, I'd like to ask @Qawsedf234 what he thinks, given I know him to be one of the more trustworthy gents on the site and I know he digs OPM. If he agrees the context is explicit enough to be consider conflagration then I will give my consent to the calc, though I will say the image will need to be rescaled somewhat as a result.

Okay, I would appreciate Qawsed's feedback. I have my reasons and I know the verse, but I don't pretend to be anything more than a novice calcer. Thank you for your continued feedback.

Actually, an epiphany occurs. It's been some time since I've been in middle school, mind you, but isn't the air only approximately 21% oxygen? Which would reduce the value significantly, no?

The beams do melt/set stuff on fire, but the things there are explosions rather than direct melting like before. You can tell because of the multi-layered dust clouds and the shockwaves being different compared to Orochi's normal heat beams.

Personally I think it's more of an amped Psykos energy ray than a small Orochi energy ray.

I had thought they looked like normal explosions as well rather than explosive-growth fires, but as I keep saying, manga ain't for me.

In that case I'll stick with my previous assessment of the calc- the low-end for ground-based detonations is fine enough.

Now that the Dragon-level characters have been downscaled, this feat has become quite relevant. Since the 4.69 megaton ground-based explosion end that you recommended earlier Mr.Bambu would give an upgrade (and it didn't end up in the blog with the currently accepted calc), DBZ and I have created a little blog for you to look at. I get the impression that the ground-based formula is pretty much the same concept as the current method, but perhaps a little bit more accurate since the explosion is on the ground

Back