• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype top tier upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop closing this thread whenever you are losing the debate. Other people have every bit as much right to discuss this verse as you. This is the second time you do this.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Stop closing this thread whenever you are losing the debate. Other people have every bit as much right to discuss this verse as you. This is the second time you do this.
Matt if a person is studying for a test to undue stress they have every right to do so.

Give a person time and be patient.

That said I retract my agreement for the feat.

Ant did you the same favor by closing the Medaka thread while you were sleeping

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I bet you didn't tell him don't do that again either

Kepekley23 said:
2. The Supersonic+ rating is wrong in several ways. A sonic boom is only Supersonic, and not Supersonic+.

3. The rating seems to be based on a split second long frame where a thin black speed line that can easily be missed if you don't pay attention appears around Roland and disappears immediately without making the thunderclap a sonic boom produces.
Supersonic+ is based on Heller and Mercer's ability to dodge missiles from Tanks, Helicopters, etc, at extremely close range, with the former even blocking them after they have fired with his shields. Idk why that isn't on Heller's page, and was mostly removed from Mercer's.

It didn't produce a thunder clap there, but it does in gameplay when Heller runs. That said, i still don't agree with it even being a sonic boom, it's probably just some visual effect like you mentioned.

The thread has become extremely heated while i've been away.

Ouch. This thread sure went places while I was gone.

AP rejected, and now speed downgrades too?

I have a tingliling feeling that some of the abilities may not be what they seem/shouldn't be there. I am personally a bit skeptical about High-Regen. Especially since Alex would've died if he hadn't consumed a crow.

VersusJunkie54 said:
I am personally a bit skeptical about High-Regen. Especially since Alex would've died if he hadn't consumed a crow.
Because the explosion took out a load of his biomass? Not to mention, just eating that crow fully restored him, anyways.

"Especially since Alex would've died if he hadn't consumed a crow. "

When did people start believing this?

In the game Prototype, I played it before many times it never said that he would die if he didn't absorb the crow. That is just theory without proof. He was still alive and was a lump of biomass. Most of his body was destroyed by the explosion but a small piece of him survived and was still moving.

Ender:

"While admittingly off topic, Alex Mercer somehow managed to get High Regenerationn instead of Low-High Regenerationn when the latter is more accurate and more consistent than the former.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Alex_Mercer

These scans are not proof of the High regen that apparently has not been brought up before until now.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/yqgKhihQR9KFGNUMdbXm0g.png

https://image.prntscr.com/image/EMqkA-S8RVygoTQlwJ4arg.png

https://image.prntscr.com/image/A0pI7mAeR1C9FjNtJcHR-g.png

This sound more like a application of Biological Manipulation as it is explicitly been stated he can control the Whitelight strain, which was supposed to act as a cure and counter to the Blacklight strain only to backfire as Alex Mercer has ordered Archer (Prototype), one of his Evolved, to taint the Whitelight strain with his own blood. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Biological_Manipulation"

"Controling every trace of the virus" seems more like a form of biological manipulation. And it doesn't indicate that Alex can actually regenerate from that level.

Though I'm sure Matt has something to say about this. I'll wait for him to reply.

Uh Alex literally is a virus, of course it's biological manipulation. Being able to control his body at the genetic level (DNA is composed of molecules), and being stated to control every trace of the virus at the molecular level is consistent.

1. You're grasping at any straws you can find

2. You once again have your information wrong, 2/2. By Mercer introducing his virus into whitelight, he would be able to control every drop of whitelight in existence, down to the molecular level. Whitelight in itself is also not a virus.

And? Have we ever seen him actually reconstruct himself form a '''single '''molecule? Statements are empty unless there's actually a feat to back it up.

I can pull up 343546526 verses that have Regenerationn via statements alone, you don't need to be visually spoon-fed every feat.

Also, "The ability to regenerate from scattered or lone molecules, atoms, or particles."

He doesn't have to reform from a single molecule, and he's stated multiple times to have complete control over every drop of the virus in existence on the molecular level.

Yet we see Low-High far more consistently. If Alex lost all his biomass to the pojnt that he was reduced to molecules, there's little reason to beleive he could come back from so little. Controling parts of your body /=/ being able to put everything back together and regenerate it. I'm sure Matt, Everlasting, and Weekly will agree with me and Veloxt anyways.

You see low-high literally once. You can't pull the consistency card when being consistent by definition implies there are multiple scenarios of the same nature, plus multiple statements say otherwise. Alex had a whole body minus his arms in Prototype 2 and couldn't regenerate, even after his arms were still on the ground after Heller consumed him, and we both agree that the nuke's potency > Heller's.

This is becoming basic biology class at this point. Since Mercer is in control of his molecules, as long as he has one shred of DNA, he has all of his abilities. A single strand of DNA in nature is capable of replicating itself.

The whole "seeing is believing" trope is tired.

If this was the case there would be no feats from any type of literature, and in the case of animated works, the logic that "if they're capable of animating it but don't show it and have an accompanying statement means it isn't true or likely" is inherently flawed. That's slothful induction and moving the goalposts in a gift basket.

Being able to control his molecules while being alive in scattered drops and vice-versa are both pieces of evidence that compliment each other, not discredit each other.

Unite My Rice said:
The whole "seeing is believing" trope is tired.

If this was the case there would be no feats from any type of literature,
I think that's a bit of an overexageration.

I will agree that we should be at least a bit less skeptical of this statement.

I'm not going to comment on the validity of this, questionable or not, but i think normal Regenerationn level and whitelight Regenerationn levels could be mentioned, since he only has it in the second game, and it's later all destroyed by Heller, Dana, and Gentek/Blackwatch's efforts (unless you include Side Missions where Blackwatch is hoarding some, which Heller disposes of).

Whitelight is simply the cure infected with Mercer's virus. Whitelight in itself isn't a being like Mercer, it's a virus/ infectious material.

But you said whitelight Regenerationn levels. The powers come from the virus infecting biological organisms, not being a living symbiote like Venom or Carnage, just an FYI :^)

The fact that it's a highly mutable virus instead of a living thing doesn't detract from it not being his normal level of ability, especially since they tainted it in the first place to do so, and he lost it.

What are you even talking about anymore? It was never called a virus, just a cure. Whitelight isn't something that you can turn off and on, it is for all intents and purposes, the blacklight virus.

I was thinking of something else, but anyway, it can change, and Mercer changed it to infect people because it can take on other side effects. It was all destroyed is my point.

I'll be gone for a bit, i'm currently replaying P1.

@UMR

Ender: "Your opinion is irrelevant especially when Jame Heller was the one who destroyed all the victims that was infected with the Whitelight, not the Blackwatch and the other organization you mentioned. Jame Heller outlast and beat the shit out of him, then proceed to consume him as well."

https://youtu.be/nSO3jH-KOTw

Also you are speculating as duplication is not the same as regenerating from a single molecule.

That High Regenerationn for Alex Mercer is contradicted by the fight between Alex Mercer and James Heller showing his ability to Regen is limited, not all wanked as you did, Unite My Rice as you just triggered me enough to warrant a investigation from me now."

Controlling the virus on a molecular level, even if his body is the virus, is not remotely the same as regenerating from only molecules. High regen is wanked.

@Ender

Gentek and Blackwatch did help, you literally see this in one of the earlier Red Zone missions where Blackwatch and Gentek are destroying Whitelight stores.

That happened after all of the Whitelight sources were destroyed.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
That High Regenerationn for Alex Mercer is contradicted by the fight between Alex Mercer and James Heller showing his ability to Regen is limited
Yeah. He needs Biomass. This is established.

How that contradicts High I don't know.

@ByAsura

Ender: "That happened prior to the fight between Alex Mercer and James Heller.

The Blackwatch was guarding the Whitelight barrels not destroying them. Jame Heller was the one destroying the Whitelight barrels in disguise of a Blackwatch soldier in the game and the Blackwatch were unaware the Whitelight was tainted by Alex Mercer's blood."

That's what i said, the Whitelight sources were destroyed before they fought.

They still helped, gathered them, and highly likely destroyed some already since there's Hundreds Whitelight Barrels, and Heller destroyed only 10 there.

@DMUA

Ender: "Because Alex Mercer would come back from being consumed by James Heller and outlast him too in the fight. You just need to see the big picture here, DMUA. You need to be more careful about what you say here as I am currently investigating into Prototype 2 as of now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back