• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype top tier upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were moving at what is visibly subsonic speeds or so, at best hypersonic. The KE of them wouldn't be that great in the slightest. KE only starts getting crazy Tier 7 results at really high-speeds or really high-mass, preferrably both such as moving the complete mass of a cloud range across the horizon.

>Ignores half the argument while saying "no" like a debate isn't still going on

Typical.

Anyway, the last feat is quantifiable as I've clearly quantified it. That was a slick move lumping 8-A and 8-C together as if they were any way comparable, or the nuke feat wasn't already proven to be wrong an an outlier.

Also ignoring the fact that you're comparing an end-game outlier to feats from a powerless man, or with a single power out of the many powers he didn't unlock. Nobody was basing an upgrade on that statement regardless, but you have no evidence to deny his claims other than "muh tier 8 feats" taken completely out of context so I don't see your point.

I responded everything you had of note. Don't be dishonest.

That feat is quantifiable, but it isn't anywhere near your baseless assumptions. It will, at best, be another Tier 8 feat. And from what you've just suddenly bringing up... From an end-game God Tier who doesn't scale to anyone?

If that is the case, that makes your argument even worse, as even the strongest guys in the Verse are only Tier 8. Describing that ending's feat as a city level "Stretching of his biomass over the entire new york landscape" was taking it out of context.

ByAsura at least linked it, and both I and Weekly saw that it won't be Tier 7.

"I responded everything you had of note. Don't be dishonest."

You didn't.

>Baseless assumptions

This post was all math until you derailed it with outliers, which is disproved by math.

"From an end-game God Tier who doesn't scale to anyone?"

Signs you don't know what you're talking about. Alex consumed the person who performed the feat in question, so it certainly scales to multiple people. The strongest guys in the verse have feats above tier 8, as I'm showing.

I'm surprised you aren't calling a virus in a syringe bringing an average man from human level to tier 8 an outlier right about now.

Yes I did, and I would rather not go in an endless back and forth. Your post was full of non-sequiturs such as "He's intelligent here so all his statements are reliable" and false equivalencies like "He's never lying whe he says he'll beat someone up so he can't be lying when he says he'll city-bust, yet doesn't".

Math for the OP Calculation, sure, but the tentacles were not quantified nor would they be Tier 7 like you insist.

I said that it wouldn't scale to anyone but God-Tiers. And no, there is only one Tier 7 feat which is an outlier, coming from First Game Alex who is explictly Tier 8, via nuke showing.

And even god-tiers from the second game have their best feat at Tier 8 as well.

"who is explictly Tier 8, via nuke showing."

Which is wrong and an outlier. You're calling Alex tier 8 ad nauseam while disregarding the context which is he performed these feats at the beginning of the game with only 1 power or powerless, then suggesting (by your arguments) that by the end of the game, none of the thousands of people, infected, and top-tiers he's consumed matter compared to an outlier or beginning of the game feats.

Your whole premise of calling this feat an outlier is a level of an appeal to authority, when in-game statements about the nuke have already been proven wrong, which means the writers have already lost credibility regarding knowledge of nuclear effects.

Characters that aren't even god-tier in the second game casually shrug 8-A feats.

"Your post was full of non-sequiturs such as "He's intelligent here so all his statements are reliable" and false equivalencies like "He's never lying whe he says he'll beat someone up so he can't be lying when he says he'll city-bust, yet doesn't"."

Quote mining my statements then stringing them together isn't me using any fallacies.

It's not an outlier, my dude, look at the literal definition of an outlier.

Every single feat in both Prototype 1 and 2 is Tier 9 or 8, all of them aside from the one linked in the original post. By sheer definition, the High 7-C feat is the outlier. Look at the definition of the word.

No, not appeal to authority, I am merely looking at the feats and concluding that the one feat which is above all the others and is never replicated ever is the outlier, rather than just close my eye to all the other evidence.

Also it doesn't matter if they are stronger by the end-game, if by the end game they don't have any feats above Tier 8 either.

Citation needed on casually shrugging off Tier 8-A attacks, and this better not be from a giant string of powerscaling coming from a fodder.

Starts off the game with no powers

>undamaged by tier 9-A real life missiles

Gets casually dropped in one hit by a boss you fight again at the end

Consumes one hunter who is probably low end tier 8-C

>undamaged by an 8-A explosion

Same boss who has decades of experience with the virus performs their first feat (Tier 7)

>She gets away, Alex kills her spawn, then gets strong enough to kill her

Her spawn which is the final boss is strong enough to fight Alex

>Alex still wins

So shrugging off Tier 8-A feats and beating a Tier 7 with their own feats, plus beating a tier 7 via scaling. It's not like he put real effort into any of his tier 8 feats.

"Citation needed on casually shrugging off Tier 8-A attacks, and this better not be from a giant string of powerscaling coming from a fodder."

Goliath taking multiple thermobaric missiles, of the same kind that produced the 8-A result in P1.

"I am merely looking at the feats and concluding that the one feat which is above all the others and is never replicated ever is the outlier"

Now it has to be replicated again. Moving the goalposts. For one, Greene is dead, and two, Alex is smarter than Greene and doesn't set up a giant base and make himself stick out like a sore thumb, ever.

Tier 9-A feats are always b.s in Prototype. Walkers alone have been stated to heavily damage and destroy Larger Buildings in large groups by the Audio Logs in Prototype 2. Mercer also tanked his apartment being blown up even before consuming any Hunters, or anything like that.

>undamaged by an 8-A explosion

Which one?

I am not moving the goalpost, also you debunked yourself, all you did was prove the consistency of Tier 8 Prototype. Once again there is only one Tier 7 feat vs every other feat in the Verse.

The one I linked.

The point here is that you're using an 8-C anti-feat when Alex has undamaged 8-A feats, and consuming someone who was tier 7, then fighting someone comparable to his own level of strength.

Like I said, if being truly 8-C was the case, then the 9-A+ explosions that he tanks when the game first starts should've done something to him, but the cutscene shows he's unaffected entirely. Or having difficulty with large amounts of infected who can also take 9-A+ missiles and one-shot tanks.

There is ONE Tier 7 feat. Every single other feat of note is 8-C to 8-A, including the nuke feat, which Weekly estimated at the later. Prototype being that strong is consistent. Nobody here is saying that Alex Mercer is 9-A+, we are saying that 8-A is fair and consistent. High 7-C isn't.

"Endr" give his comment here,and its good.I'm just vessel here:

"I am siding with Weekly, Everlasting, and Matt out of respect on their own thinking on the Prototype feats.

Matt, Ever, and Weekly should know who I am given my frequent observation of VS Battle Wiki and to see them fairly assess the Prototype verse.

Kept in mind, I am a person who promote fairness even in my own grave."

There's also one 8-A feat in Prototype 1, just as there is 1 Tier 7 feat from someone other than the main character, and one supposed 8-C feat. 2/3 consistency.

Putting all Tier 8 feats under an umbrella when Tier 8-A is far stronger than 8-C, then comparing it to a single tier 7 feat is dishonest, especially given the context of each feat.

Some of the 8-A feats are pretty damn casual or underpowered, like Mercer took that 8-A base explosion without even flinching or without even a single trace of damage or deterrence, and just after absorbing a single Hunter, which are fodder compared to Greene who can mass produce them.

Goliaths also have super casual 8-A feats by moving, which are fodder compared to Alex who can produce them.

Not saying this is justification, just context.

I can't, i have to go very soon, but i suggest only using cut scenes.

Edit: I might have a few in an RT i did, but it's not finished.

The tier 8 feats:

The one currently used on Alex's profile

Getting blasted by the nuke

Tier 7 feats: Elizabeth Greene's armored base

Eating Greene and taking her abilities

Either feat cancels out the nuke anti-feat.

Ender give his comment again here:

"It is also dishonest to take those feats taken out of context and thus led me to believe we should evaluate all statements and feats to ensure it is truly 8-A or not.

Regardless of the outcome, I prefer if people legit make sure they don't do any dishonest practice as it is just easy for people to exploit loopholes in VS Battle Wikia."

Going in 5 min: We gave context for some already (base, Goliaths, Heller's Devastator, etc), and the rest (aside from the Nuke, which was already given) don't need context.

Edit: Might have a little more time.

Unite My Rice said:
The tier 8 feats:
The one currently used on Alex's profile

Getting blasted by the nuke

Tier 7 feats: Elizabeth Greene's armored base

Eating Greene and taking her abilities

Either feat cancels out the nuke anti-feat.
The Elizabeth is just one feat and is an outlier.

And link the Tier 8 calcs or feats themselves.

Powerscaling actually makes it not an outlier, it can withstand a Thermobaric Nuke, which can oneshot 8-A opponents. So the base can just be 8-A and not an outlier.

Going for today now.

Ender give an input again here:

"So? I believe firmly that all context, even minor one, is important for all series, fictional or not.

Like I say, it is very easy for someone to exploit and abuse those loopholes in VS Battle Wiki. I not a native fool despite my age.

In any case, I still remain by what I say in the thread itself (meaning I side with Matt and other people who opposed the upgrade)."

Isn't dying to a nuke similar to Zack Fair being shot down at the end of Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, or Wonder Woman and other powerful comicbook characters being vulnerable to bullets?

And 8-C is an outlier to 8-A. Your point?

Oh and there's the fact that Alex created the second outbreak in the second game, which means he created the Goliaths that eat multiple thermobaric missiles. Plus the theme of the game is literally eat anything that walks and become insanely more powerful.

"Generally, inconsistencies should not be accepted unless there is a good reason for it (such as a character who usually holds back on his or her full power)"

Undamaged in an 8-A feat

Beat and ate someone who's had power similar to his for decades who's only feats were one-shotting Alex and creating a viral armor that's proven to be tier 7

Getting splattered by an 8-C nuke feat lower than anything in either game.

The credibility of the nukes in this game were already debunked. Yet they're still being held in such high regard. If we went by actual in-game statements about the nuke, then according to them, the bomb was x5 the hiroshima bomb (so 75 kilotons), yet apparently was designed to take out Manhattan (when it really would destroy a few city blocks). Using inverse square law on that would make Alex wall level, which is thrown out by every feat in the game, as is him being harmed by 8-C energy.

Meanwhile, someone who's been in the body of both god-tiers in the first game is treated as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about pretty much for the reason of "ha no upgrades".

Ant,Ender answering your comment here:

"@Ant The answer is no given on how Alex Mercer did survive the indirect impact of the nuke via devour a crow to regen from his wounds. I have played Prototype 1 and never has it been implied that Alex Mercer survived the direct impact from the said nuke. We don't know if Alex Mercer was at the epicenter of the nuke or elsewhere when the nuke was deployed thus the problem we have here."

Antvasima said:
Isn't dying to a nuke similar to Zack Fair being shot down at the end of Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, or Wonder Woman and other powerful comicbook characters being vulnerable to bullets?
This guy didn't even die. The game gives a reasonable power increase and it's treated as an outlier when only two beings in the entire game are capable of troubling the main character, one of which being the creation of the main boss.

@Veloxt1r0kore

Use your eyes. Mercer's biomass is moving on its own because he started reforming on his own. How else do you suggest he ate the bird to regenerate faster?

Antvasima said:
Not remotely comparable. Those are characters with Tier 5 / 4 feats in a fantastical universe. Prototype tries to be grounded in a sci-fi / military real world setting, and dying to the nuke is one of Alex' best feats as is.

@UMR

Ender: "It has consistently been proven that Alex Mercer must consume biomass to regen. You somehow managed to ignore this particular lore and you forget that Alex Mercer was in the sea after the nuke's explosion during that time. To assume he was reforming on his own suggest he was able to regen on his own, which it is not true for the most part. As the scene prior to the one you given with a specific timeframe is not gonna cut it, Unite My Rice."

He didn't die nor is it close to any of his best feats. Perhaps another possibility that nobody considered is the writers had the intent of surviving the nuke in its entirety (because they clearly already don't know how nukes work) and didn't take into account the inverse square law. Either way whether he was in the middle or on the outside, it doesn't affect him having much higher feats in the actual game.

@Ender aka person I'm almost sure doesn't actually exist but ok

"It has consistently been proven that Alex Mercer must consume biomass to regen"

You just debunked the entirety of your argument by proving Mercer had to be alive and moving, so thanks.

Alex only survived due to sheer luck of a bird landing next to him so he could consume it and regenerate so no he didnt. If that bird wasnt there Alex would have died.

@UMR

Ender:"Your bias is certainly noted, Unite My Rice. Also how does it debunk my argument exactly?

I have say that Alex Mercer only survived the indirect impact of the nuke back in Prototype 1. You don't give any evidence to show that Alex Mercer was at the direct epicenter of the nuke itself. Making your claims as liable to interpretation and opinion based stuff."

My time to ask,honestly i mostly agree with Ever,Mashu and Weekly here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back