• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, so after looking at the justification for the Prototype profiles, I have noticed that they are no where near the level they are described.

This is going to be quick and simple. Just a quick relook. These are the reasons that Prototype is listed at Multi-City Block.

But, before I do that, let me just get it clear that the nuke at the end of Prototype doesn't affect anything. The Supreme Hunter stated that once he absorbed Alex, he would be able to "withstand" the explosion. However, there is nothing to suggest he would actually do so, and he could simply be referring to just surviving.

Immediately afterwards, Alex is caught in the explosion, and is reduced to a small chunk of meat, only surviving due to consuming a crow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ig4NR5Wm68

Not only that, but Hellers feat of killing every Infected at the end of Prototype 2 was debunked months ago, due to the tendrils not even destroying anything. They just went around every corner and street and Manhattan and killed all the monsters, no destructive feat whatsoever. Said tendrils didn't even reach the width of the buildings.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=54lZdfojrRA

So, Prototype is NOT Tier 7.

Now, onto the reasons they are Multi-City Block.

1. Can destroy helicopters with a single kick and turns humans into paste with normal punches and kicks.

^This is only 9-A to 8-C

2. James Heller was able to destroy the entire Project Orion depot, a large base of Blackwatch.

^You can see in the video below at 7:40 to 9:40 that he did not destroy the entire facility, he destroyed all the equipment and such, meaning he destroyed the PROJECT, not the FACILITY. He also did not do this himself, or all at once, he did it by destroying Sub-stations and fuel tanks causing a chain reaction.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoMZJKY9rI

3. Can destroy all of Time Square.

This is referring to this scene here at 7:57. Where Alex uses his Tendril Barrage Devestator to kill all the enemies in Times Square. He didn't destroy Times Square, he killed everyone in it without damaging the environment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DafyBSy--rw

4 and finally. This is in his durability section:

"Tanked the destruction of an entire base caused by fuel tanks easily"

This is the destruction of said base at 9:10 :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uhI-VTmtpkk

So...yeah. (My god, it wasn't even the whole building)

Based on the actual magnitude of these feats. And any lack of actual 8-A, 7-C or 7-B feats, Prototype should be downgraded to at most High 8-C mostly based on the base explosion feat right above.

This also fits with Elizabeth Greene growing to the size of buildings.

There are no viable Tier 7 feats anywhere. Most of it comes from the nuke, which, as I mentioned, is not viable. Alex was completely obliterated by it.

It's like Deadpool's being 8-A. The reason it scales to durability is because he was still in one piece, and his healing factor is incredibly slow, taking 20 minutes to heal a severed finger.

It in no way scales to Alex. It explicitly shows he was reduced to shreds. And only survived due to Regenerationn.

The only indication we have they are capable of tanking the explosion is the Supreme Hunter claiming he could withstand it after absorbing Alex, which does not necessarily mean he could completely withstand it, but just survive.

The highest legitimate feats are tanking RPGS (9-A), Tank Shells (9-A to 8-C), tanking the base explosion (High 8-C), Destroying helicopters and tanks (9-A to 8-C), and Elizabeth Greene's giant Form (High 8-C)

No legitimate 8-A to 7-B feats anywhere.

Welp, that's putting Mercer vs Meruem to bed forever.

"No legitimate 8-A to 7-B feats anywhere."

If you go in here and expand the prototype 1 scaling and go down and expand the base explosion calc section you can see that it literally came out to 8-A and Mercer took no damage from that explosion.

Even still, I highly doubt that this is legitimate, as it was never properly evaluated. It was posted on a blog that no calc members looked at.

Even if it's legitimate, it is the highest one in the series. It is clearly shown that Alex was completely obliterated by the nuke at the end of the game, which "Made Hiroshima look like a fire cracker" which would still be 7-C, and he was completely destroyed by it.

1. Attempting to debunk a verse where the changes weren't even made yet is a good example vendetta..

2. My blog debunks your debunk

3. "Most of it comes from the nuke" Absolutely wrong. None of it does. What sense does it make in using a nuke surviving feat for durability when Alex gets splattered by it?

4. "However, there is nothing to suggest he would actually do so, and he could simply be referring to just surviving."

Except Alex survived it (and he didn't use his armor form), and Supreme Hunter would be adding a much powerful being's power to his own. With this logic you might as well attempt to downgrade 3-A DB.

5. "Even if it's legitimate, it is the highest one in the series. It is clearly shown that Alex was completely obliterated by the nuke at the end of the game, which "Made Hiroshima look like a fire cracker" which would still be 7-C, and he was completely destroyed by it."

Lol, its at the beginning of the game before he even unlocks any powers. And the difference to one-shot is generally 3-5x. He can be in the same tier and still get blasted apart.

I have an insane headache right not but hopefully this post won't agitate it. :^)

Isn't there a commercial for the game showing the dude jumping off a building a divebomibf the street shattering the entire street? Firv2.

I think that's Heller's Hypersonic feat you're referring to.

Is it? There's a commercial for the game where he jumps off a building a completely turns a street to shit, it has Johnny cash music.

The concept of Supersonic Prototype evolved is already questionable enough. Hypersonic is silly. You're talking about the live action one right? Though I suppose if a calc exists..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30QwYbFylxs

At best that's a small crater. So yeah that's not really that high for James but that's not relevant anyway.

Also I've seen numerous arguments explaining in Prototype 1 that Alex could no sell thermobaric explosions so early in the game. Which I'm sure is wrong considering how the building didn't even fall down iirc. At best it was explosives but even he was already heading out of that and certainly not tanking it all.

Tendrils devastators I can agree with.

Nuke, I share similar thoughts considering he almost got away from it and was technically knocked out permanently by it until for that crow's arrival. But there's still a degree to scale from it I suppose.

Dude, I mean no disrespect, but it seems super flimsy.

Even if the Multi-City Block feat is legit, there is no way to tell how much Alex truly gets stronger from absorbing people, as there is no way to tell how much they add to his strength. Even if the difference is 3-5x, it would still be MCB.

I also find it weird how the calc from the base explosion got 8-A, also, no calc members ever evaluated it.

The City Level feat from Heller was debunked months ago, as well as his Hypersonic speed.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/614444

I'm aware that you made a calc for Hypersonic Heller, however, I'm pretty sure it never happens.

If Heller could do this, he wouldn't take a helicopter to different zones each time if he could just jump there.

Also, this feat is from a trailer, and it never canonically happened. I know you posted a statement from a dev stating otherwise, but... WOG statements mean nothing on this wiki anymore.

Again, I'm not trying to irritate or insult you, it just seems real iffy.

It doesn't seem flimsy at all. The best way to determine how he gets stronger is simple addition, since he's basically just adding the cells/DNA/mass of his target to himself, which is why his density is so extremely high, because his volume doesn't change.

And Fan evaluated the calc, but recommended I use violent fragmentation since the building was blown apart by the explosions, which would make the result low 7-C.

City level or Hypersonic Heller hasn't been debunked, which I would say is thoroughly explained in my blog. Plus, he has supersonic speed currently, which uses dodging tank shells as a justification, which is a hypersonic feat anyway.

There's no reason why it wouldn't happen short of game limitations. In fact, the writer that I spoke with who wrote 90% of the game said that because of game limitations, they weren't able to make Heller jump from zone to zone while the cities loaded in between, which is why they used helicopters instead.

And WOG statements do mean something when it agrees with the source material, as my blog looked good to multiple admins and Ant.

I'm also checking up the nuke feat, since the first game has two contradicting pieces of evidence about it.

@teenangel. i'll give a few examples of speed and power in the series.

due to the locomotion abilities, you can get a 50% increase using god speed, then you can use evolution powers, this gives a 10, 30, 50, and 100% increase, so yeah, he gets 6.435x stronger, your already faster than military helicopter at start of game (they do appear to outrun you at times, but that's because you have to run over obstacles, slowing you down, it also takes much more time to accelerate than mercer), i moved 1.5 times the distance of one in the same time, your average helicopter is 250-300 kmh at the start with no upgrades, so you can moved at over mach 1.9 to over mach 2.3 with full upgrades. i do not agree with the sonic boom thing, that is mostly a stylistic choice in my opinion, you see this at the start of game, where you are only subsonic.

btw, the upgrades do not add up to a percentage of like your next speed, so it's not 10% of full speed, it is 10% more, you can see this with your other upgrades, and how much improvment you get.

your health gets a 1.25x increase due to offensive powers, it also gets a 1.25x boost, a 1.5x, a 1.75x, and a 2.25x boost, plus your added durability of 1.25x from hard boiled defensive power, you get an over 11.5x durability boost, you could already tank rockets that could two shot a tank, so you are in city block level teritories, if not multi.

you don't get much stronger though, but, it's still enough to do a little damage to your enemies, it's also the reason why mercer doesn't one shot you, despite being stronger. you get your strength amped by 10%, your throwing power amped by another 10% (so 1.21x because both are added), same with your military and infected damages.

that's not at all the point, these tendrills are capable of destroying tanks without any amps, so they can destroy buildings, and these were spread around the city, they may not have the width of a skyscraper, but they do have lengths hundreds of times it, being able to stretch for dozens of kilometers.

i did my research, and i'm actually looking at the full upgrades as i'm playing, plus, most of the refutes are explained in brackets.

if you were to downgrade them, it'd be at least city block level, to at most multi city block level, higher after the other games and feats, and super sonic+.

quick question before you do. which game did you think was better? i'd say 2, the story is trash, as is the characters, but it's fun, prototype 1 has a trash movement system, which kind of ruined it for me.

also, we should change those characters having no bones, you can see bones protruding from alex's arm when heller rips it off, they are whiteish, which proves the point Prototype 2 - James Heller vs Alex Mercer (Ending) - YouTube, but when heller was burnt deep, there was no organs, so i think that part should be listed.

My apologies, but I should probably close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back