• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype AP revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I think the changes are fine but I have to revert them because the final evaluation was never taken according to the Editing Rules

• Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Discussion Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.

Okay.

So, has there been enough evaluations for this thread from the staff? Because I'm pretty sure all the active Knowledgable members of Prototype has already agreed with the changes.

It looks like the majory of Verse Supporter and Knowledgeable Members agreed here but it is not up to us to make the final evaluations, @DeathNoodles.

Elizhaa said:
It looks like the majory of Verse Supporter agreed here but it is not up to us to make the final evaluations, @DeathNoodles.
Welp, I'm going to try to contact one of the required staff listed then, like Antvasima.

Conclusions: Through Multiplier boosts via Absorption, Alex Mercer is baseline Low-7C at the end of Prototype 1 (His AP is estimated to be 1,004 tons) via consuming 2 Leader Hunters and Elizabeth Greene, who each possesses strength comparable to mid-game Alex Mercer, and adds their combined strength to his own. Prototype 2 Alex Mercer is 7-C due to absorbing 8 Evolved, with each Evolved possessing strength comparable to his Prototype 1 self, and adds their combined strength to his own.

James Heller is tier 7-C for being comparable to Alex Mercer, as well as being able to consume Mercer and add his strength to his own.

The Supreme Hunter is Low-7C for being able to fight end-game Alex Mercer (who is Low-7C for reasons mentioned above) at even footing and even overpower him.

The Evolved is Low-7C due to being comparable to end-game Alex Mercer. The same applies to the other higher tiered Blacklight infected.

Alex Mercer's match with The Lich also gets removed from both of their profiles as it was a stomp in The Lich's favour, as well as The Lich likely getting an AP upgrade to tier Low 4-C later.

Callsign Castle would remove the weakness about Alex Mercer's weakness to electricity as it is a weakness that is irrelevant due to not making sense in the context of the Prototype series, as well as the fact that weakness has been adapted to. He would also add in some notes about why that weakness is irrelevant in Mercer's profile, as well as an another note about Mercer's Regenerationn to help clear any misinterpretations from other users about his regen being limited by biomass.

Updating AP and Lifting Strength changes from Alex Mercer's Absorption because he absorbed many of those who were comparable to him which made him much stronger; the verse mechanic is those who are absorbed are converted to tons/mass from Absorption so the scaling looks plausible. Alex Mercer get a new key due those reasonings which 7-C for Protype 2 and those who comparable to him in his respective key get updated. So the overall main changes will be on:

Schnee One said:
I guess we're considering Mercer getting vaporized by the nuke an outlier?
Yes. It was already debunked in the previous threads as something that shouldn't affect Mercer due to being 8-C AP in the distance the blast has reached Mercer (A blast radius from 1 mile away from a 7-B nuke would give it 8-C AP, which shouldn't have affected a 8-A character like Mercer), thus is considered an outlier, so it shouldn't scale to his durability or overall AP.

DeathNoodles
the feat of dodging the 1A ambrams tank shell is mid game around the same time they apeared

Elizhaa said:
Updating AP and Lifting Strength changes from Alex Mercer's Absorption because he absorbed many of those who were comparable to him which made him much stronger; the verse mechanic is those who are absorbed are converted to tons/mass from Absorption so the scaling looks plausible. Alex Mercer get a new key due those reasonings which 7-C for Protype 2 and those who comparable to him in his respective key get updated.
So the overall main changes will be on:

we are also touching up on the evolved as well as the other stronger infected

considering they are around that level(there are weaker evovled Anton Koening since he was even with early game heller but im still preaty sure he is low-7C but there are still the evolved that can put up a fight ageinst mid game heller like roland making them a definet low-7C) also goliaths

Nice. That means end-game Mercer would have "At least" Supersonic+ speed due to his power increase from absorbing multiple infected (the exact value for speed boosts via Absorption is unknown though, unlike his AP and Lifting Strength, so I would just put it as "At least"). And "likely" Hypersonic speed for Prototype 2 Mercer due to appearing as a blur when moving at short bursts in James Heller's perception.

DeathNoodles said:
Nice. That means end-game Mercer would have "At least" Supersonic+ speed due to his power increase from absorbing multiple infected (the exact value for speed boosts via Absorption is unknown though, unlike his AP and Lifting Strength, so I would just put it as "At least"). And "likely" Hypersonic speed for Prototype 2 Mercer due to appearing as a blur when moving at short bursts in James Heller's perception.
i added the at least supersonic and likely hypersonic for prototyp 2 when we where descusing regen we talked with antvasima about it with the main reasoning for it being... like come on what would be the chanceses that he didn't get a whole whoping 8.7% faster after consuming 8 evolved.

so lets sum up the pages and changes they need

Alex Mercer: add two seprate keys for early/midgame and end game mercer

AP: Small Town level (consumed 2 Leader Hunters and Elizabeth Greene each of whom is comparable to his early/midgame self adding their ap on top of his own) | Town level (Many times stronger than his previous self. He casually consumed eight Evolved, who should at least be comparable to his Prototype 1 self, and added their combined strength to his ow. The Biomass Heller gained from consuming Alex was enough to cover all of Manhattan and wipe out every infected person in New York City, with the resulting tendrils reaching the length of skyscrapers)

speed: atleast supersonic, likely hypersonic (could dodge A1 ambrams tank shells during midgame and has consume multiple infected such as the Leader Hunters and Elizabeth Greene becoming more powerful and likely faster

lifting streangth: class k(consumed multiple Leader Hunters and Elizabeth Greene) class M with Musclemass

James Heller: ap change only

AP: Town level (comparable to alex mercer, consumed alex mercer)

Supreme Hunter: ap change and speed change

AP: Small Town level (fought evenly with end game alex mercer even overpowering him at times)

speed: at least supersonic, likely hypersonic (Kept up with endgame Alex)

Goliaths: AP change and speed change? maybe

AP: Small Town level (could fight and harm james heller who is comparable to mercer)

speed: likely supersonic, possibly hypersonic(Can clear through several streets in a few seconds, can keep up with James Heller.) although lets be honest here he is at best supersonic since heller is still way faster

Evolved: ap and speed change

AP: Small Town level (comparable to endgame mercer form P1)

speed: at least supersonic, likely hypersonic(comparable to endgame mercer form P1)

@DeathNoodles & Elizhaa

As long as all the statistics are based on accepted calculations, it should probably be alright.

Well, the Multiplier boosts are scaled from Mercer's AP from tanking the explosion of a military base (251 tons. The military base explosion is an accepted calculation last I've checked) and consuming enemies that are comparable to that AP and adding it to his own (as well as his lifting strength), so I'm pretty sure it is all scaling from accepted calculations.

Since I've gotten your approval, I'm going to bring back the changes Elizahaa undone, as well as perform the changes for other Blacklight characters in Prototype.

Elizhaa has already stated that they are fine with the changes, but has only undone the changes because there wasn't an evaluation from either a Discussion Mod, Admin, or a Bureaucrats.

Since you have evaluated, I don't think Elizhaa would undo it again.

Okay. I suppose that seems to probably be fine then.

It's now up to you to finish the changes for the removal of electricity weakness for Alex Mercer, and adding in the aforementioned notes in Alex Mercer's profile, Callsign Castle.

ok so all is said and done

i suppose this can be closed

thanks to everyone who partisipated in this little debate of mine

have a good one lads

Sir sun man said:
ok so all is said and done

i suppose this can be closed

thanks to everyone who partisipated in this little debate of mine

have a good one lads
I would prefer Callsign Castle to make the changes I've mentioned before this thread gets closed, but okay then.

you mean the Electricity weakness

I already added a little line that says that he adapted to it by prototype 2 scaling form the hydra

It is best if all the accepted changes are finished before we close this, yes.

Callsign Castle said:
Have the changes already been made or am I being waited on? I see Alex in the recent edits ->
The changes has been made in regards to AP and Lifting Strength (and a few other things that Mercer should logically already have).

The only thing left that's needed to be added is for you to remove the electricity weakness in Mercer's profile, add a note for why electricity isn't a valid weakness in his profile, and also add in an another note to the profile in regards to the correlation of Mercer's Regenerationn with biomass (about why his Regenerationn isn't dependent on biomass, where biomass only increases his Regenerationn speed and nothing else, and stuff like that. This is to help clear off any misconceptions about Mercer actually needing biomass to regenerate, and him being left completely helpless and unable to regenerate when low on biomass).

So yeah, you're being waited on to make those final changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back