• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Proto Man vs. Bass (Canon Versions) (CONCLUDED)

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
An in-verse fight for a change.

Both only get their standard weapons.

They both scale to same stats so no point in picking keys & speed equalization lol

Who wins?

Proto Man: 5

Bass: 9

Last edited:
Proto Man could reflect Bass's attacks with his shield which will be a pretty big problem for Bass because he fights mostly using projectiles. Proto man also is less cocky than Bass so im am going to vote Proto Man .

Proto Man should take this. He's a bit stronger, considering he could lift the wily castle with just one had while mega man struggled with two, has a stronger buster via proto strike in Powered Up and if things go real bad he can use Big Bang Strike which Bass will surely not survive. He's more experienced, smarter and could easily take advantage of Bass's arrogance. Plus Proto Shield is a very useful utility here.

I feel like if Bass starts to get really overwhelmed he'll whip out his Super Adaptor which makes him stronger and allows him to fly, which is a huge Mobility advantage.

I feel like if Bass starts to get really overwhelmed he'll whip out his Super Adaptor which makes him stronger and allows him to fly, which is a huge Mobility advantage.
Proto Man has experience fighting flying opponents such as Gyro Man and Tornado Man meaning Bass's flight won't help him too much here.

Last edited:
I'm not saying Flight is a massive edge, just that it's helpful. Also, I'm pretty sure Bass isn't stupid so he'll at least try to get rid of the Shield somehow or at least get around it.

Standard weapons as in they have the Special Weapons and stuff listed on their profiles by default or standard weapons as in just their Busters?

Yes. They have their special weapons from their canonical appearances.

Not sure of how useful the Big Bang Strike really is. It takes a while to charge, and Bass has already seen what it can do, so he won't stand to take it.

Also, Proto Man is below Rock, who is generally considered equal to Bass.

I actually think Bass takes this for multiple reasons.

For one, Proto has lots of limitations. He has to rely on his shield since he's less durable (taking more damage from foes and being bisected by King with a single strike) and can take less punishment overall. Additionally, his stamina also lacks in comparison due to his atomic core along with the fact his durability is weaker. Meanwhile, Bass is more durable (since he fought on par with and defeated King), can take more punishment and has limitless stamina like Mega due to his Bassnium energy source.

Also Big Bang Strike is much stronger, but Proto isn't just going to use it on the fly. Upon using it against King, Proto immediately fell unconscious and was drained of energy. Bass also has prior knowledge about this considering he witnessed said scene and is likely going to be conscious about it throughout the fight. So with the drawbacks of Big Bang Strike and Bass's prior knowledge, I doubt Proto will use it unless he is sure he can manage to land it (which is gonna be difficult to do). Proto may be physically stronger as well, but that's not too important in a ranged battle such as this one.

Their arsenals pretty much cancel each other out (since they have nearly the same weapons) but Bass has slightly more (being in more games canonically) and has more significant weapons like Copy Vision and Lightning Bolt.

Now Bass has small advantages as well, but they add up to make a difference in this fight. Treble Boost can grant Bass more maneuverability via flight, the Bass Buster (while weaker in individual shots) has both rapid fire and Charge Shot settings (compared to Proto's slower rate of fire and Charge Shot settings) and has a little more Special Weapons that are more varied and useful. Lastly, Bass has fought on par with Mega Man several times throughout the series. Proto fought Mega as well, but they were mostly tests to gauge how powerful Mega was as opposed to it being a real fight. While Bass lost his fights, him having fought Mega Man for real in battle over the years is much more significant overall.

Proto Man has the advantage in experience and his shield, but those are it. Bass is overconfident, but he has more going for him. Bass will likely focus on getting that shield off of him by any means (and IF we take Mega Man 10 seriously, Bass may be able to shoot it off with his Bass Buster entirely, but idk). Any hits that Proto takes will hurt much more than the damage Bass receives and he wouldn't last as long in battle. Bass can use Copy Vision to fake Proto Man out if he uses Big Bang Strike if possible and other new Special Weapons to throw him off. So yeah, I think Bass takes it.

For one, Proto has lots of limitations. He has to rely on his shield since he's less durable (taking more damage from foes and being bisected by King with a single strike) and can take less punishment overall. Additionally, his stamina also lacks in comparison due to his atomic core along with the fact his durability is weaker. Meanwhile, Bass is more durable (since he fought on par with and defeated King), can take more punishment and has limitless stamina like Mega due to his Bassnium energy source.

Also Big Bang Strike is much stronger, but Proto isn't just going to use it on the fly. Upon using it against King, Proto immediately fell unconscious and was drained of energy. Bass also has prior knowledge about this considering he witnessed said scene and is likely going to be conscious about it throughout the fight. So with the drawbacks of Big Bang Strike and Bass's prior knowledge, I doubt Proto will use it unless he is sure he can manage to land it (which is gonna be difficult to do). Proto may be physically stronger as well, but that's not too important in a ranged battle such as this one.

Their arsenals pretty much cancel each other out (since they have nearly the same weapons) but Bass has slightly more (being in more games canonically) and has more significant weapons like Copy Vision and Lightning Bolt.

Now Bass has small advantages as well, but they add up to make a difference in this fight. Treble Boost can grant Bass more maneuverability via flight, the Bass Buster (while weaker in individual shots) has both rapid fire and Charge Shot settings (compared to Proto's slower rate of fire and Charge Shot settings) and has a little more Special Weapons that are more varied and useful. Lastly, Bass has fought on par with Mega Man several times throughout the series. Proto fought Mega as well, but they were mostly tests to gauge how powerful Mega was as opposed to it being a real fight. While Bass lost his fights, him having fought Mega Man for real in battle over the years is much more significant overall.

Proto Man has the advantage in experience and his shield, but those are it. Bass is overconfident, but he has more going for him. Bass will likely focus on getting that shield off of him by any means (and IF we take Mega Man 10 seriously, Bass may be able to shoot it off with his Bass Buster entirely, but idk). Any hits that Proto takes will hurt much more than the damage Bass receives and he wouldn't last as long in battle. Bass can use Copy Vision to fake Proto Man out if he uses Big Bang Strike if possible and other new Special Weapons to throw him off. So yeah, I think Bass takes it.
I changed my mind, Bass FRA.

Tbh, while yeah, Proto does rely on his shield to take damage, but he's skilled at using it, like really skilled, judging how he blocked attacks of all MM9 robot masters at once and generally uses it a lot to deflect shots. Bass's weapons in Mega Man&Bass and Mega Man&Bass two are generally just energy blasts but different. Proto Man wouldn't use Big Bang Strike on the fly, only if he starts seriously losing, and if Bass gets hit by it, he's dead. Bass in general is not strategic at all, but if he tries to get the shield out, Proto Man would likely just use this as an opportunity to hit Bass with a really strong attack. Proto Man should be more powerful as he could fire charge shots without, well, charging, both in Mega Man Powered Up and 7. The most significant thing Bass has going for him is the treble boost, but Proto Man could partly keep up with his flying devices in Mega Man 9. Also, forgot to say, but Bass would probably have to go h2h to take the shield out, and Proto Man is much stronger physically. In general, I'd say more power, experience, intelligence, unbreakable (for Bass) shield and Bass's own hubris would get Blues the win.

Tbh, while yeah, Proto does rely on his shield to take damage, but he's skilled at using it, like really skilled, judging how he blocked attacks of all MM9 robot masters at once and generally uses it a lot to deflect shots. Bass's weapons in Mega Man&Bass and Mega Man&Bass two are generally just energy blasts but different. Proto Man wouldn't use Big Bang Strike on the fly, only if he starts seriously losing, and if Bass gets hit by it, he's dead. Bass in general is not strategic at all, but if he tries to get the shield out, Proto Man would likely just use this as an opportunity to hit Bass with a really strong attack. Proto Man should be more powerful as he could fire charge shots without, well, charging, both in Mega Man Powered Up and 7. The most significant thing Bass has going for him is the treble boost, but Proto Man could partly keep up with his flying devices in Mega Man 9. Also, forgot to say, but Bass would probably have to go h2h to take the shield out, and Proto Man is much stronger physically. In general, I'd say more power, experience, intelligence, unbreakable (for Bass) shield and Bass's own hubris would get Blues the win.
Yeah Proto is skilled with his shield no doubt, but Bass still has a chance of taking that shield away via Special Weapons or anyway he sees fit. He could use CQC, but he could also use his Special Weapons like ice or air to take Proto's shield away. Just like Mega Man, both Proto and Bass have the general idea of defeating opponents based on weaknesses and attack patterns (as the games themselves heavily suggest with how they're played) so Bass, knowing that Proto's shield is a threat, will have the idea to take it away in anyway possible (not just CQC). But Proto combating the MM9 Robot Master's shouldn't be taken into account since he was DLC though I do agree his Proto Shield is still just as useful. I did mention Bass in MM10, but that was just a big IF to just add a little spice to the argument overall but I'll retract that (since he was DLC too).

Speaking of which, I made a mistake. Proto and Bass should have the same amount of weapons since Proto did canonically appear in MM10 so I have to account for those as well. So they're arsenals are equal in number for the most part, but I still think some of Bass's abilities are more useful like Copy Vision, Lightning Bolt and the other Mega Man & Bass Special Weapons since MM10's weren't as great or useful overall (i.e. Chill Spike, Wheel Cutter, Solar Blaze, etc.) The Treble Boost is superior to Proto's limited utilities in MM10 as well. Also Bass's rapid fire and Charge Shot settings are still better than Proto's with much more fire rate and more varied attacks.

And yeah Proto wouldn't just randomly use Big Bang Strike, but the problem is Bass knows about it anyway and saw what it did to King's shield. Bass isn't going to just arrogantly charge in since he knows that information and he'll be wary of it. And if Proto does use it, Bass will likely have an answer for it such as using Copy Vision to fake him out, using weapons like Ice Wall as a barrier or just using Treble Boost to fly away from it. With prior knowledge, Bass is gonna take precaution as to not get hit.

Both Bass and Proto have physical attacks and techniques so if it does come down to that Proto may have the edge. However, Proto's physical attacks, while stronger, are mainly shield-oriented with shield bashes and stuff whereas Bass can use stuff like Guile's Flash Kick and other kicking techniques so it seems Bass has a martial arts advantage if Proto loses his shield in CQC.

Also Proto Man did have to charge. In MM7, Proto Man is shown to have regular Buster settings and he briefly charges before unleashing a Charge Shot and he does so in MM10 as well. Besides, Proto was post-game content in Powered Up so his appearance and performance there shouldn't be considered canonical. Besides, other games are more consistent in that Proto has regular Buster settings like Mega Man anyway.

I still think Bass takes it more often than not.

Yeah Proto is skilled with his shield no doubt, but Bass still has a chance of taking that shield away via Special Weapons or anyway he sees fit. He could use CQC, but he could also use his Special Weapons like ice or air to take Proto's shield away. Just like Mega Man, both Proto and Bass have the general idea of defeating opponents based on weaknesses and attack patterns (as the games themselves heavily suggest with how they're played) so Bass, knowing that Proto's shield is a threat, will have the idea to take it away in anyway possible (not just CQC). But Proto combating the MM9 Robot Master's shouldn't be taken into account since he was DLC though I do agree his Proto Shield is still just as useful. I did mention Bass in MM10, but that was just a big IF to just add a little spice to the argument overall but I'll retract that (since he was DLC too).

Speaking of which, I made a mistake. Proto and Bass should have the same amount of weapons since Proto did canonically appear in MM10 so I have to account for those as well. So they're arsenals are equal in number for the most part, but I still think some of Bass's abilities are more useful like Copy Vision, Lightning Bolt and the other Mega Man & Bass Special Weapons since MM10's weren't as great or useful overall (i.e. Chill Spike, Wheel Cutter, Solar Blaze, etc.) The Treble Boost is superior to Proto's limited utilities in MM10 as well. Also Bass's rapid fire and Charge Shot settings are still better than Proto's with much more fire rate and more varied attacks.

And yeah Proto wouldn't just randomly use Big Bang Strike, but the problem is Bass knows about it anyway and saw what it did to King's shield. Bass isn't going to just arrogantly charge in since he knows that information and he'll be wary of it. And if Proto does use it, Bass will likely have an answer for it such as using Copy Vision to fake him out, using weapons like Ice Wall as a barrier or just using Treble Boost to fly away from it. With prior knowledge, Bass is gonna take precaution as to not get hit.

Both Bass and Proto have physical attacks and techniques so if it does come down to that Proto may have the edge. However, Proto's physical attacks, while stronger, are mainly shield-oriented with shield bashes and stuff whereas Bass can use stuff like Guile's Flash Kick and other kicking techniques so it seems Bass has a martial arts advantage if Proto loses his shield in CQC.

Also Proto Man did have to charge. In MM7, Proto Man is shown to have regular Buster settings and he briefly charges before unleashing a Charge Shot and he does so in MM10 as well. Besides, Proto was post-game content in Powered Up so his appearance and performance there shouldn't be considered canonical. Besides, other games are more consistent in that Proto has regular Buster settings like Mega Man anyway.

I still think Bass takes it more often than not.
Yeah, that was a mistake on my end, but after charging he can release a barrage of those beggar's bazooka style. And he didn't have to charge in Powered Up. Plus, if Proto Man would use BBS, it's absolutely only if he is sure Bass can not dodge, like after freezing him or using concrete shot to briefly seal him. Also, Proto Man has a trump card Bass can't really counter, that being Beat's barrier in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters that could no sell attacks from other robot masters.

We shouldn't use sources like MM9 and Powered Up for Proto as they're likely non-canonical (his appearances are DLC and post-game content respectively). MM7 and MM10 are more consistent with the Proto Buster having to charge and being more like the Mega Buster as opposed to a non-canonical game appearance suggesting otherwise. The same goes for Bass with MM10 and such. Besides, Beat's Barrier is temporary and goes away after a time (implying Proto even has it here). At that point, Bass could just get away with Treble Boost or something. Bass still has other advantages as mentioned before.

Bass is not supposed to tread I say he is as strong as megaman and protoman is inferior prototype of his younger brother

We shouldn't use sources like MM9 and Powered Up for Proto as they're likely non-canonical (his appearances are DLC and post-game content respectively). MM7 and MM10 are more consistent with the Proto Buster having to charge and being more like the Mega Buster as opposed to a non-canonical game appearance suggesting otherwise. The same goes for Bass with MM10 and such. Besides, Beat's Barrier is temporary and goes away after a time (implying Proto even has it here). At that point, Bass could just get away with Treble Boost or something. Bass still has other advantages as mentioned before.
He can still make a charge shot barrage. Plus, Bass has nothing to counter beat barrier

Bass is not supposed to tread I say he is as strong as megaman and protoman is inferior prototype of his younger brother
What is "tread" as a verb?

Also, the combat funtions of Mega Man and Proto Man were given by different sources and are unrelated.

He can still make a charge shot barrage. Plus, Bass has nothing to counter beat barrier
Charge Shot barrage? You mean from MM7? I think that's just one large Charge Shot. Besides, even it was several Charge Shots put together, then it's easily avoidable as they're all fired in single file (as seen in MM7) so it's not like danmaku or anything. And yeah I agree Bass can't counter Beat Barrier, but he can avoid it by using Treble Boost to get out of range and or stall with his shield Special Weapons and what not along with Copy Vision as a distraction. The Barrier is temporary anyway so Bass may outlast it.

Charge Shot barrage? You mean from MM7? I think that's just one large Charge Shot. Besides, even it was several Charge Shots put together, then it's easily avoidable as they're all fired in single file (as seen in MM7) so it's not like danmaku or anything. And yeah I agree Bass can't counter Beat Barrier, but he can avoid it by using Treble Boost to get out of range and or stall with his shield Special Weapons and what not along with Copy Vision as a distraction. The Barrier is temporary anyway so Bass may outlast it.
Bass doesn't know what beat barrier is. So, let's just say Bass steals Blues's shield (don't see him winning without it) Blues uses barrier and simply runs at bass. Bass shoots him, but realizes too late Blues is invincible so Blues just pummels him

Bass doesn't know what beat barrier is. So, let's just say Bass steals Blues's shield (don't see him winning without it) Blues uses barrier and simply runs at bass. Bass shoots him, but realizes too late Blues is invincible so Blues just pummels him
It shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Once Proto activates it, Bass is going to notice an energy barrier on him and upon firing, is gonna know that Proto is invincible. This battle is going to be largely a shoot out so Bass is likely gonna find out by firing at him and seeing it does nothing with Beat Barrier active and since this is a shoot out, both are gonna be at a distance from each other and are likely going to stay that way to dodge each other's projectiles or be out of range. Bass is going to find out through these means before Proto decides to close the gap and he'll actively try to stay away somehow until the Beat Barrier runs out. That's how I see it happening anyway.

Back