• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profiles for the Kirby Anime

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
So, gathering feats found in this respect thread, I've decided to calc some of them here. The ones I was most interested in were Base Kirby redirecting a meteor, and Crash Kirby destroying a massive UFO that dwarfed Dedede's castle. I used three different methods to calc the former, one of them suggested by Darkanine. Results ranged from Town level to Large Island level+, most of which resided in the Tier 7 range. For the UFO's destruction, I got Small Town level+.

I also calc'd some speed feats here. I got Mach 2.5 to Mach 25 Base Kirby, Mach 57 Wheel Kirby, and Mach 641 Tiff. I'm leaning more towards Mach 641 being an outlier.

So as it looks right now, we've got some brutal consistency going on here.

I'm making this thread to get some more calcs for some of these feats, as well as discuss what will be included in the profiles and how they will be scaled. And of course, if you can find or recall any feats that aren't listed in the respect thread, then feel free to mention them here.

I have no problem with them as the anime and the game are different continuities.

Looks like 3-A Kirby can finally be a thing then.

I think it should only be via the Star Rod, though.

Nah, controlling does not mean bust nor create and that line is likely not present in the original version as 4kids liked to add lines to wank the characters as it happened in Yugioh.

Is the manga linked to the anime with a solid statement, confirmation or etc. in order to prove it?.

As far as I know, it is not. Manga Kirby is a separate continuity, and it's a discussion for another time.

@Crop to me I don't think they are referring to the fact the sword controls the actual universe, but rather its power allows someone or an empire to rule or control the universe.

They seem fine, however 4kids was also known for altering some scenes. So, i can agree with these as long these scenes are portrayed the same in the japonese version.

Also i'm worried if the scenes of the calced feats are the same of the original version, because if not then they are not valid.

Sigh...

I talked to Azzy. As long as it's an official translation, we use it. Dark, drop that 4kids stuff. It sucks, but it's used.

Yes. That's what was agreed on. We've used Japanese translations, English translations, even Spanish translations in the past.

I'm going to have to bring this up with him then, because that is quite absurd (technically even Ocean Dub is official)

The real cal howard said:
I talked to Azzy. As long as it's an official translation, we use it. Dark, drop that 4kids stuff. It sucks, but it's used.
No, 4kids altered the plot of the anime they received so much that is like a completely other version, which we should not use because its bad and wanked translation. Currently i don't see profiles with ratings affected by 4kids, but if you want to bring them then i will use my position to prevent that from happening.

The real cal howard said:
Yes. That's what was agreed on.
We've used Japanese translations, English translations, even Spanish translations in the past.
Yes, if they help to give more informations to the original story. We should not use the version, which ruins the characters like Lolipop Sanji and Scientist Bardock for example.

Lastly i have heard a crappy translation (i don't remember the country) that said that Cell can universe bust and etc, they should not be used.

There's obvious things that are super contradictory. Heck, 3-A Kirby is one of them, along with all the super obvious ones mentioned above.

@Ever.

Well, Pokedex entries, but that's only because the Japanese dex entries are nearly impossible to find, and harder to find translations for.

For me, it's not a matter of "let's not use 4kids cause 4kids sucks!" more like "the original source material takes precedence over a translation if there's a discrepency between the two."

Non-canon: something not part of the original storyline

Change in dub: Something not part of the original storyline

Can I ask where is the difference?

@Ryu define discrepancy please, you mean like contradictory or something not there originally (like say, the Ghost Stories dub, where it is shown that the little brother of the protagonist has a mental condition but in sub it is never stated, or even suggested, technically it doesn't contradict it, but it still isn't supposed to be there.

The pokedex entries as fine since most of the anime comes from the game, which does a good translation. About 4kids there is this example: In the original version of an anime a character does a 7-C feat and his story ends, then a company comes and does their own version and instead of following the original story they alter the story and add a 3-A feat statement like he has enough power to obliterate the universe and etc, while in the original version was talking about something completely different.

SomebodyData said:
@Ryu define discrepancy please
Discrepancy

dis┬Àcrep┬Àan┬Àcy╦î

dis╦êkrepənsē

nou

"a lack of compatibility or similarity between two or more facts. Dub says Galaxia is Universe level. Original source material doesn't."

Original translation takes precedence over dub. And not because "ewww 4kids is shit!" But because in general, source material > dub.

SomebodyData said:
you mean like contradictory or something not there originally (like say, the Ghost Stories dub, where it is shown that the little brother of the protagonist has a mental condition but in sub it is never stated, or even suggested, technically it doesn't contradict it, but it still isn't supposed to be there.
Maybe the translation doesn't directly contradict dub by saying something like "Galaxia isn't Universe level." However this is a very big change in story that's never in the original. So it can't be used.

Back