• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profiles for the Kirby Anime

In regards to translations...

Our Pokémon profiles are very much based on the English script for practicality and accesability.

Even if it is the same continuity, this Kirby is portrayed completely differently in terms of feats, abilities, and weaknesses. I think it's enough distinction to at least get a separate key, if not its own page.

Okay. Any more opinions on whether or not Anime Kirby should get his own page?

Also, I'm particularly interested in the feats of Kirby dodging lightning from Kracko. It's a very solid feat, as it is done recurrently throughout that episode, comes straight from the clouds, and its Kirby in base who performs the feat, so it scales quite easily.

It's also worth mentioning that Tiff could also hold her own in evading the lightning, and the scene in particular where she does it looks like it'll be extremely easy to calc. I'll pull it up, give me a sec.

EDIT: Right here. See how we can clearly see how fast Tiff is compared to the lightning? Kirby should be faster than Tiff, so he'd scale from this as well. I'll get on this.

EDIT 2: Actually, I don't even have to do any real calcing here. Just compare the timeframes. Tiff crosses the screen in roughly two seconds, and the lightning does it in one. So Tiff is 1/2 the speed of lightning, or Mach 641 - Massively Hypersonic.

Next I'll calc Kirby dodging lightning, because it requires actual calcing.

I dont say that it is the same continuity due to the drastic power difference (the anime "ended" in 2003, Kirby's outliers started in 2004) I just point out the possibility of Games Kirby having a stomach dimension for that.

Game Kirby clearly has a stomach dimension. It is even shown in Squeak Squad, Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot... Magolor mentions it as well, if I am not mistaken...

Game Kirby does have a stomach dimension, though.

But that's not relevant to this discussion. We're talking about Anime Kirby, not Game Kirby or any other Kirby.

Isn't even base Kirby superior to Tiff? I mean she was never really treated as someone that powerful whereas Kirby was the main guy from what I recall.

And I could sworn Kirby's saved her life or beaten guys that've endangered her.

I'm not sure since it's been forever since I've see the show.

Yeah Kirby is vastly superior to her.

But I calc'd her dodging lightning so we could scale Kirby to that. Regardless, it looks kind of outlierish.

If it's an outlier for Tiff or this Kirby to be that fast then sure. But I think any legit feat Tiff has scales to Kirby.

What's an outlier when having Toon Force on your side? (just for Kirby though)

Ryukama said:
For me, it's not a matter of "let's not use 4kids cause 4kids sucks!" more like "the original source material takes precedence over a translation if there's a discrepency between the two."
I agree about this.

The Everlasting said:
If an English translation strongly disagrees with the original version, we use the original.
I agree with this as well.

Idk why we're arguing about dubs and stuff since "controlling the universe" doesn't mean 3-A anymore than the Queen of England controlling England makes her Country level.

Also uhh

https://gfycat.com/PhysicalWelltodoBubblefish

Why are we treating this like real lightning? It comes from a cloud yeah but normal lightning also doesnt take sharp 90 degree turns and act as a homing projectile.

EDIT: The Mach 25 and Mach 57 feats Arbitrary did seem fine though. But that lightning up there is just way too unrealistic and toon force-y to seem legit.

@Cumber It seems like the paint only affects the environment unless everybody in Dream Land (including the background extras) also have reality warping resistance.

If depends on if controlling the universe means reality warping, being an embodiment of its structure, or simply ruling it.

Agreed with Matt. No need to argue the context of a statement we won't accept no matter which interpretation we go with.

Kracko seems to be able to control his lightning bolts. That's why the lightning bolt moves. But either way, seems pretty outlierish to me, even one of Kirby's fastest copy abilities hasn't even come close to that.

Also, I think the Kinetic Energy of the meteor is the one we should use, as Kirby's feat is overpowering and redirecting it, not the potential destruction it brings to Dream Land. And Tier 7 seems a lot more consistent.

I suggest Low 7-B in base, 7-B with stronger copy abilities (As calc'd by Darkanine for Crash Kirby destroying a UFO), Unknow with the Star Rod.

What do the rest of you think about ArbitraryNumbers' suggestion?

Eficiente said:
Then again, what's even an outlier when having Toon Force?
That's fallacious. If Kirby was like Popeye, you might have an argument. Instead, he's a goofy children's fiction character, who does a lot of things that follow Toon-logic, but his Anime still has a cohesive plot and characters.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think they seem to lowballed considering the High 6-C and MHS+ feats, plus the FTL feat of the frying pan.
The High 6-C highball comes from the destruction of the island, and assumes vaporization. Kirby wasn't pushing back an explosion, he was redirecting the meteor.

Back