• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
A disproportionate number of new users are not doing this, so I'd just like to give you all a heads up. You do not need to put brackets around the necessary stats as per the standard format yourself. All you have to do is left-click on the Contribute button, then click on the Add a Page button and click on the middle button of the three options that appear under the window that pops up. That button is called Standard Format and will do most of the work for you. After that, all you have to do is add pictures, bold the necessary stats, and put brackets around each ability.

Im not sure if I did this or not because I just made a profile for the first time a little while ago. If I did something wrong then im sorry.

It's not like you're breaking any rules, it's just that formatting is necessary and I'm trying to save you guys (and myself) unnecessary work.

There's an issue whenever I use Standard Format button, the

Tier:

Name:

are grouped closely together and don't space properly, appearing as

Tier: Name:

Hmm. You can mention this to A6colute. He was the one who wrote the standard format code, so he should be able to adjust it.

@ArbitraryNumbers

Are you left-clicking it, or right clicking it? It only works if you left click it from the drop-down menu.

@Super Ascended Sean Pazdera

Not to be rude, but you also missed a lot of important formatting in the process.

For instance:

On several of your profiles you forget to put the proper text markup for things like Attack Potency, Speed, and Range.

As a result, they looked like this:

Attack Potency

Instead of this:

Attack Potency:

This was prevalent on Kokatorimon's profile.

I ended up going back and fixing it myself, but please remember to do so next time.

@Anime4Life

No. You would do so via the internal link markup, which would something like this in the Source Editor:

'''[[Placeholder]]:'''

From that picture, just bold the stats starting from "Attack Potency" all the way up to "Durability". Everything else you can just leave it as it is.

Do note that you must bold the names of attacks in the "Notable Attacks/Techniques" section however.

Fandom has changed its layout. If you click the image of a sheet of paper in the upper right part of the screen, you should get the standard format as an option.

I do not know. Here is the image that I get:

IMG 20170919 183928 7758
Perhaps you can ask at the Community Central forums for advice?

Here is the sheet of paper image that I was referring to:

IMG 20170919 184446 2372

I just discovered this today. Thanks; making profiles should take a lot less time now.

Back