• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anttron224 said:
They aren't nameless lookalikes though. I'm pretty sure we're allowed to have minor characters as long as the verse has notable characters and the minor ones have something to properly scale to.
We're not. Refer to Frog-Man (Marvel Comics) and Scotty Summers

BigSmoke4269 said:
Gyarados should be deleted and combined with Magikarp. Different evolutions of the same Pokémon don't get profiles of their own.
Pretty sure the Gyarados page was made years before the Magikarp one, and according to the edit history, Magikarp was separated for a reason. You should probably create a thread instead of trying to get them deleted carelessly.

Ya, they don't have proper explanation.

Is it fine if we delete it then?

i think it would be better to get an opinion from someone who knows the verse better to see if the starts are right but just not explained well

Attack Potency, Striking Strength, Durability, and Lifting Strength.

The AP is based on uncalculated guesswork, and the lifting strength has no explanation.

That was not made clear within the profile description.

Ehh. I don't think that's good enough reason. The statistics parts has more weight on it sure. But we have a lot of non combat oriented pages and people who don't have Superhuman Physical Characteristics. That on its own I don't think is enough to get it removed.

However

Greg Heffley. This is back up again. Which was a page that got deleted a long while back due to his dairies being unreliable and having no real stats to go off otherwise

I'm not sure why I'm about to defend the existence of a page for Ratatouille of all things, but here I go I guess.

How are the stats bullshit? It's all all "Below Average Human" except for speed, which is "Superhuman"... which is within what normal rats run at. Stat wise there's nothing out of the ordinary.

As for abilities, unless I completely forget the premise of the movie, he does indeed do Body Puppetry by controlling hair, and other than that, again, pretty much default rat stuff. No problem here.

We don't require peak human or superhuman stats to have pages. We literally have tiers for below this. Where you got this impression is beyond me. We have many non-combat oriented characters that have been questioned and decided to be fine. I see no extraordinary reason to delete the profile as it breaks no rules and has no obviously false information. The profile should stay.

8mph is mouses, 2mph is rats

Still wondering how you get superhuman from either tho lmao, maybe our speed page has an issue we should check?

I was referring to the tidbit saying 35 mph. Though, admittedly, that does call into question the legitimacy of said page, so further digging still does bring up 8 mph from an ostensibly better source. Even with that said, is the feat of it outrunning a vehicle not valid for whatever reason? I don't actually remember the movie that well, if you can believe that, so I can't really recall the feat.

Rats actually run at 8 mph, which makes more sense than 2 mph since being that slow would allow humans to easily blitz rats from a standstill even at walking speed (which I can tell you from experience doesn't happen, otherwise the ******* wouldn't be so hard to catch once I've flushed them out), but that's still pretty slow.

SomebodyData said:
8mph is mouses, 2mph is rats
Still wondering how you get superhuman from either tho lmao, maybe our speed page has an issue we should check?
"With a combination of long, powerful legs, deep chest, flexible spine and slim build allows it to reach speeds of around 35mph"

- lmao

My bad, didn't know Bambu was talking about a hypothetical human sized rat that doesn't exist.

Which even the source scoffs at, a sentence later.

Also what BigSmoke said.

"My bad, didn't know Bambu was talking about a hypothetical human sized rat that doesn't exist."

Wrong quote there, m80, but aight, coz I'm gonna work under the assumption of the seemingly better source lol

BigSmoke4269 said:
I doubt Remy just so happens to have all those characteristics
"All those" meaning?

Joking aside, the source is legit, its just that they were (at that point) talking about the speed of the rat if it was hypothetically a human sized rat, that's why they comment about the small legs and then proceed to mention the maximum speed being way lower.

Also I agree with Bambu's reasoning, the page should stay.

I think BigSmoke is pointing out Remy is far from the peak rat.

I mean, we know he's much faster than a normal rat, so at least normal human level, likely higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back