• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reverted the image to an earlier version.

Why was the page deleted? That isn't sufficient reasoning and it's incorrect too. If it's because it isn't directly suited to combat then that's already faulty. If it's because it isn't relevant in verse why should that be a deciding factor?

The pages depict mostly unimportant items without any statistics. They seem better suited for the Hunter X Hunter wiki than this one.

I suppose that it should hopefully be fine.

Street Clow should belong to the FC/OC VS Battles wiki, as it appears to be a character from an original fictional community. It has a (sparse) wiki here. I took a look at both and found no indications of the character and verse actually being related to any licensed/published work. ...Actually I could not find a single reference to the character at all.

Being licensed/published isn't a requirement for original fiction work, having a noteworthy community outside of vs debating circles is the requirement.

However, given that this work doesn't seem to be noteworthy at all, with the profile's creator seeming to also be the person who created the work in the first place, I think it should be deleted.

I had forgotten exactly what the rules were regarding our standards for what kind of fictional verses are allowed on this wiki.

But, I was still fairly certain that a character, supposedly from a heretofore essentially completely unheard of 'series', which cannot be examined because one can't even find a single reference to him/it anywhere online, would not meet our standards.

I have already suggested to the page author to move their profile to FC/OC wiki instead.

Prome deleted it. Thanks for forwarding the creator to FC/OC.

Thank you for helping out.

A few people, myself included, try to clean-up the pages when they're posted. But I agree that when initially posted, the profiles often have a lot of issues

Thank you for helping out.

Do other members think that we should keep or delete the Puppet Combo pages?

They're consistently terrible and rife with grammatical and formatting issues. I don't think anyone would miss them.

Okay. Are the rest of you fine with if we remove them?

I don't care either way, but it might be an idea to ask the supporters if they could improve the pages instead.

Agnaa said:
I don't care either way, but it might be an idea to ask the supporters if they could improve the pages instead.
I agree with this. From my POV, whenever my profiles get deleted without even confronting me about them, I'm always annoyed as hell. So, I would recommend talking to them first

Okay. I would appreciate if somebody asks them to comment here. Thanks.

I've notified the supporters.

I have messaged the author of the Obito feat article and told them how to fix their mistake.

The Paradox Essence is an unnecessary profile to have. It's a verse-specific power that's only ever given to one character (the Player) and they already have a key on their profile which covers everything (which isn't a lot, as the main purpose of the Paradox Essence was to boost the abilities which the Player already had rather than giving them a whole new set of powers).

Blackcurrant91 said:
People have talked about it, but it'd likely need its own thread if you/others think there's an issue.

Then again, so far there haven't been people calling for its deletion. Just a bunch of people worried that other people would wanna delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back