• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Professional Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Wait why does it suck now though?
Most of their big stars are wrestlers in their 50s. They're becoming late-day WCW.

Oh yeah. Damian Priest vs Sami Zayn was the lowest-drawing main event in RAW history with 1.2 million viewers. Proof that The Judgement Day storyline is bland and repetitive.

The Miz/Gunther segment drew the most with 1.6 million views. The Miz is a draw.

Most of their big stars are wrestlers in their 50s. They're becoming late-day WCW.

Oh yeah. Damian Priest vs Sami Zayn was the lowest-drawing main event in RAW history with 1.2 million viewers. Proof that The Judgement Day storyline is bland and repetitive.

The Miz/Gunther segment drew the most with 1.6 million views. The Miz is a draw.
Fair enough. I thought last night was kind of interesting with certain storylines finally concluding, but I am tired of other storylines already like... whatever the hell Christian Cage's storyline is even about. Idk, all he does is say someone is dead or the equivalent of 'your mom' to other wrestlers. Bland as hell.

Seriously though, among other WWE wrestlers, does Big Show turning up in AEW last night boost the power level of AEW up to WWE's par?

Fair enough. I thought last night was kind of interesting with certain storylines finally concluding, but I am tired of other storylines already like... whatever the hell Christian Cage's storyline is even about. Idk, all he does is say someone is dead or the equivalent of 'your mom' to other wrestlers. Bland as hell.
Nah Christian is great. He might be old, but he's still one of the best things going on right now.

It's the constant random matches with no build-up or story that's getting annoying. Tony Khan is constantly relying on the logic of "People will watch this because it will be a banger!" instead of actually making engaging storylines. People who have no worth other than putting on great matches will be nothing more than mid-carders their whole career.

Also crapping on Vince for being a sex pest and then bringing Ric Flair of all people to your company is nasty work.

Seriously though, among other WWE wrestlers, does Big Show turning up in AEW last night boost the power level of AEW up to WWE's par?
Eh. I don't think it's the greatest idea to cross-scale both verses, as they're not canon to each other.

Did you do any calcs for AEW? The videos I gave you have some nice stuff there that could yield somewhere in the megajoules.

Nah Christian is great. He might be old, but he's still one of the best things going on right now.
The only person I'm watching with that is moderately alright with them is someone who has watched wrestling the longest. That said, even they've started joking about taking shots every time he does the same meme :LOL:
It's the constant random matches with no build-up or story that's getting annoying. Tony Khan is constantly relying on the logic of "People will watch this because it will be a banger!" instead of actually making engaging storylines. People who have no worth other than putting on great matches will be nothing more than mid-carders their whole career.
Fair enough though. I do think that the storylines have been a bit sporadic outside MJF's stuff.
Eh. I don't think it's the greatest idea to cross-scale both verses, as they're not canon to each other.
What is the difference between the character of Big Show from WWE and him coming to AEW? Like I said, he also isn't the first one coming from WWE.
Did you do any calcs for AEW? The videos I gave you have some nice stuff there that could yield somewhere in the megajoules.
Nah, been taking a break. Sry 'bout that.

Wait, are you trying to upgrade AEW to 8-C, or is it something else?
I'm just saying, cause wouldn't a 8-C character(s) being introduced to a verse, and said verse fighting on par with them be direct scaling?

Especially given he's not the first from WWE to come to AEW

I'm just saying, cause wouldn't a 8-C character(s) being introduced to a verse, and said verse fighting on par with them be direct scaling?

Especially given he's not the first from WWE to come to AEW
I don't think we do that kind of stuff here, though you should probably make a Q&A about it just in case.

One thing I'm kinda getting annoyed about is how WWE isn't capitalizing on Theory/Waller. They're constantly being put in nothing segments that have no substance.

Just two months ago, Theory was going toe-to-toe with The Rock on the mic, and Waller hosted the Grayson Waller Effect featuring John Cena, but now they're having random matches for no reason.

They need to give Waller and Theory some promo time to connect with the audience more. Either that or put them in an actual feud that will benefit them,

Probably unpopular opinion here but
8Qk2g1f.jpg

I'm just happy to see Punk back.

Not a big fan of his antics outside of the ring, but it's pointless to complain. Hopefully Punk doesn't fall into any controversy while in the WWE locker room. You know, the locker room full of professionals?

Back