• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Professional Wrestling General Discussion Thread

They claim HHH just hates women, even though he's brought back women who were previously fired, and he brought back Chelsea Green, who many say was the best HHH rehiring as of now.

But when their favorite women gets cut from one show, now they have to push an agenda all of a sudden.

Meanwhile I have to deal with the fact that Theory hasn't defended his title on a PPV since Backlash, which was back in May.

They got it easy.
So insane to me 😭. The only wrestlers these mfs can name are John Cena and The Rock but they wanna come complain about a sport they've never seen before just because they can like gtfoh 😂.

So insane to me 😭. The only wrestlers these mfs can name are John Cena and The Rock but they wanna come complain about a sport they've never seen before just because they can like gtfoh 😂.
It's not even that I think they don't watch the sport, it's that they're getting way too emotional instead of thinking logically.

Trust me when I say that by next week, all of this will be forgotten about and everyone will move on to a different thing to complain about.

Meanwhile I have to deal with the fact that Theory hasn't defended his title on a PPV since Backlash, which was back in May.

They got it easy.
I'm still pissed about this.

He's missed NOC, MITB, and now he's missing SS just so he can defend his title against Santos Escobar of all people on a episode of Smackdown. And people still question why we blame his booking as to why his reign has been trash since WM.

WWE should have let LA Knight win that #1 Contender's Fatal 4-Way tournament so he can dethrone Theory at SS. Theory's one of the most hated heels, and LA Knight is extremely over with the crowd. The amount of heat this match would've had would've been insane.

I'm still pissed about this.

He's missed NOC, MITB, and now he's missing SS just so he can defend his title against Santos Escobar of all people on a episode of Smackdown. And people still question why we blame his booking as to why his reign has been trash since WM.

WWE should have let LA Knight win that #1 Contender's Fatal 4-Way tournament so he can dethrone Theory at SS. Theory's one of the most hated heels, and LA Knight is extremely over with the crowd. The amount of heat this match would've had would've been insane.
Hilarious how you can Segway anything into how the WWE is mistreating Austin Theory 😭. Hopefully he gets some big run at Mania just for you (I know we are no where near Mania, but that's not the point.)

Hilarious how you can Segway anything into how the WWE is mistreating Austin Theory 😭. Hopefully he gets some big run at Mania just for you (I know we are no where near Mania, but that's not the point.)
These are valid complaints, though. HHH hasn't been giving him any proper feuds or character development.

Like the matches or outcomes?
Both to an extent.

Logan vs Ricochet or Cody vs Brock are contenders for MOTN. Great matches.

Drew vs Gunther was good, but it was underwhelming when you look at all the expectations everyone had for the match. People thought it was going to steal the show, but it just ended up being good.

Shayna vs Ronda was god awful. Dead crowd, bad in-ring action. There was really no saving grace for this match. It honestly should've been a fight pit match or even a submission match, that way both Shayna and Ronda can use their movesets better. Garbage match.

The triple threat women's title match was sloppy asf. There were times where it felt awkward, and the women were uncoordinated. You can tell they had no chemistry at all. Also, this was "Super Bianca" at her worst. She deadass was (kayfabe) injured. She shattered her knee, yet she still was able to tank Charlotte Flair's Figure 8 without tapping, and she somehow came out the winner. Asuka's reign was terrible. She was an afterthought her whole reign, and she did nothing entertaining at all.

I will say that the aftermath was great. IYO SKY cashing in and winning the title was awesome, and she definitely earned it. I'm also happy to finally see a woman hold their MITB briefcase for longer than one night. Happy for IYO.

The Tribal Combat match, while I thought was good, was definitely one of the weakest defenses Roman has had as champion. I expected Solo to come out and interfere, but what really got me confused was that Jimmy turned his back on Jey. What happened to the last 3 months of you going against Roman and becoming your own man? It just felt like it was done for shock value, and to extend Roman's reign until Wrestlemania. You can probably argue "Oh Jimmy's jealous of the fact Jey's getting all the spotlight, which was mentioned before in a previous segment," and while that might be true, that's still a stupid and petty reason as to why you'd let the person who abused you for years get the win over the person who was abused with you. It just made no sense. I'll let it out play out, but it was still dumb.

Summerslam was okay. It was a solid 6.5 or 7 out of 10, though a 7's kinda generous. There were two great matches, two awful matches (#WeWantEquality my ass), matches that were underwhelming, and an overbooked and convoluted main event.

Oh shit. I forgot to mention the Battle Royal.

I liked it. Thank God LA Knight won the match. I would've been salty asf if he didn't win. There were things I can certainly nitpick, though. Theory's title reign once again being treated like an afterthought (you shouldn't have your mid card champion on a randomly put together battle royal. It's been 3 PPV's since he defended his title), and there were a few people who deserved better than being in a battle royal.

I'm more confident in giving Summerslam a 7 now.

Holy shit. I keep on forgetting matches lol.

Seth Rollins vs Finn Bálor was the definition of a slow burner.

For most of the match, it was pretty slow and boring, but towards the end, it really picked up. The false finishes were great, and the involvement of The Judgement Day made the match even more intense. You also had Damian Priest, which upped the intensity of the match even more, because you don't know for sure if he was going to cash in on Finn, cash in on Seth, or just help Finn win. Turns out he "tried" helping Finn by just tossing his briefcase in the ring, which caused Seth to hit the Curb Stomp on Finn onto the briefcase to retain. I'm honestly excited to see RAW now after this. Very good psychology and storytelling here.

A 7? In comparison to other SummerSlams, Pay Per Views, or Match Cards in general?
I'm basing this off of my enjoyment, and I thought it was a 7. It could've been a lot better. I don't care about match cards or PPVs. I wouldn't even remotely consider this a Top 5 Summerslam of all time. Top 10 is where it gets a little harder to rank, though.

What many people considered to be a 'Reign of Terror', Theory's 8-month United States Championship reign has come to an end thanks to Rey Mysterio!

Congrats to Rey. He deserves it, and hopefully Theory will get to do something meaningful after this and he won't become an afterthought. He still has a ton of potential.

I'll give HHH credit for trying to rectify what happened at Summerslam, because what happened definitely left me conflicted.

Jimmy's reasoning for costing Jey the match makes sense. Being afraid of someone you love becoming corrupt is a realistic feeling to have.

I do want to question Jey's motives of leaving the WWE.

I guess he's just had enough of the bullshit, and maybe just wants a break from it all, which makes sense. He was being manipulated for years, and now he's even questioning his twins' morals? It's obviously a lot to handle.

Well this throws a wrench in things. I knew Jey wasn't winning at SummerSlam, but I still thought he would get it at a later time. But if he says he's leaving, they're not just gonna have him comeback next week. Jimmy trying to go for Roman's title after this would be weird too.

Are they really gonna have Jey show back up at another PvP and take it then or are they gonna have someone else grab it? DEAN THIS IS YOUR TIME, PLEASE COME BACK. Although after his recent win against Brock, I didn't believe it before but Cody has a chance.

Allegedly, WWE is planning for Jey vs Jimmy at Wrestlemania, which at this point, makes no sense.

Jimmy's reasoning for doing what he did at SS makes sense, and if Jey really goes as far to challenge him to a match, it would really make Jey look like an idiot.

JImmy vs Roman might happen, though I think we know who would win.

Atp, I don't know who's dethroning Roman. I honestly think Jey is the best option, but I don't know about Cody.

Considering the fact he hasn't been dethroned yet, I'm starting to think Cody WAS supposed to dethrone Roman but they eventually ruled against it to get Roman to 1000 days.

In other news, I got to see why it has been a struggle to keep Professional Wrestling as a verse on the wiki, and a struggle to keep it from being purged.

For context, I only messaged DMAU on their board twice because they refused to respond to my replies for nearly 24 hours twice, being vague vague about whether or not the calc - the actual math and reasoning - was acceptable. They ended up insisting it wasn't 'realistic' enough and that they're going to 'rethink' previous accepted calcs because they don't like the verse standards and scripting. Also refused to engage with the basic concept of kayfabe, saying I was using it as a 'buzzword' after providing the dictionary definition and trying to explain it to them as to how scripting for professional wrestling works, so there's that.

Considering the fact he hasn't been dethroned yet, I'm starting to think Cody WAS supposed to dethrone Roman but they eventually ruled against it to get Roman to 1000 days.
I actually thought Cody was going to win, but up until SS, I realized that Roman needed the titles to make the implosion of The Bloodline mean even more.

But now, I'm very conflicted on who should dethrone Roman.

In other news, I got to see why it has been a struggle to keep Professional Wrestling as a verse on the wiki, and a struggle to keep it from being purged.

For context, I only messaged DMAU on their board twice because they refused to respond to my replies for nearly 24 hours twice, being vague vague about whether or not the calc - the actual math and reasoning - was acceptable. They ended up insisting it wasn't 'realistic' enough and that they're going to 'rethink' previous accepted calcs because they don't like the verse standards and scripting. Also refused to engage with the basic concept of kayfabe, saying I was using it as a 'buzzword' after providing the dictionary definition and trying to explain it to them as to how scripting for professional wrestling works, so there's that.
Well, let's all say goodbye to 9-A WWE then if they're going to 'rethink' previously accepted calcs.

Swerve Strickland destroys a piece of cinder block.

"The core volume of a standard size 6-inch concrete block is approximately 392 in³ or 0.006424 m³."

0.006424 m3 * 6J/cc = 38544 Joules or 38.544 KJ (Wall level)

It's a pretty ass supporting feat, but it's at least something.

I also wonder what kind of results this would give.

Swerve Strickland destroys a piece of cinder block.

"The core volume of a standard size 6-inch concrete block is approximately 392 in³ or 0.006424 m³."

0.006424 m3 * 6J/cc = 38544 Joules or 38.544 KJ (Wall level)
inb4 DMAU evals the calc and says 'He doesn't take anywhere near the full energy of this' xd

It's a decent supporting feat though.

I want everyone on twitter who was whining and complaining about Trish vs Becky not being on Summerslam to apologize, because the match they had on RAW tonight was ass.

RAW in general wasn't all that interesting.

Back