• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Professional Wrestling General Discussion Thread

I'm high (like my bro Matt Riddle)‍💨
LEMME BOOK winners of WWE Summerslam !!!!!
WWE.png

AEW's women's division is handled horrendously, yes.

There are good storylines with potential, but the women will never reach that due to the limitations of the time slots given to them.

On the other hand, Ring of Honor has multiple women's matches and long, ongoing storylines, and its top star is a woman, Athena.

AEW's women's division is handled horrendously, yes.

There are good storylines with potential, but the women will never reach that due to the limitations of the time slots given to them.
Gonna be blunt and say that a decent amount of the women on the roster aren't good. A lot of their matches are sloppy and uncoordinated.

Some of them are good talkers, but that's all they're worth.

Now WWE is a different story, because none of the women's feuds feel big at all. I don't really care for them, which says a lot more than AEW because WWE's women's roster are significantly more talented.

AEW has great workers with Toni Storm, Hayter (injured for the forseeable future), Shida (has dates outside AEW), Emi Sakura and really any other Joshi. Statlander is decent as well. A lot of the women can also perform well given the chance and given the right dance partner. TayJay vs BunnyLope are consisted of wrestlers that one would never consider to be in the top 10 or 20 (or even 30) of the current best modern women's wrestlers, but their tag match was acclaimed and popped the ratings IIRC.

But that's not really the point. There are multiple factors that are seemingly beyond Tony Khan that has been hindering the women from getting more TV time. People argue that they're not draws so they don't get more TV time, but if they don't get TV time then they're not gonna be over enough to become draws. So it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy,

On the other hand, Ring of Honor doesn't have the same constraints due to being a streaming show, so it appears Tony Khan has the freedom to book whatever he wants there.

Outside Japan, the best booked women's division is probably IMPACT.

But that's not really the point. There are multiple factors that are seemingly beyond Tony Khan that has been hindering the women from getting more TV time. People argue that they're not draws so they don't get more TV time, but if they don't get TV time then they're not gonna be over enough to become draws. So it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy,
This is also another issue.

If you want me to care about what someone's doing, give me a reason to.

If you've done little to nothing during your time on the roster, yet all of a sudden you get this monster push, I have no reason to care for you or what you do.

Tony Khan not giving any of the women enough screen time is what hindering them from really breaking through with audiences and getting over.

AEW has great workers with Toni Storm, Hayter (injured for the forseeable future), Shida (has dates outside AEW), Emi Sakura and really any other Joshi. Statlander is decent as well. A lot of the women can also perform well given the chance and given the right dance partner. TayJay vs BunnyLope are consisted of wrestlers that one would never consider to be in the top 10 or 20 (or even 30) of the current best modern women's wrestlers, but their tag match was acclaimed and popped the ratings IIRC.
Sadly, these are few and far between. It's hard to find a woman in AEW who has it all like in WWE or New Japan.

Don't you think it's pretty crazy that you don't have a single champion retaining?
I don't like the concept of retaining plus I already wrote I'm HIGH like Matt Riddle so moving forward take nothing serious or even REMOTELY credible that comes from my mouth.
Life is simple Weed + Wrestling + Using vsbattle
Simple equation 💨😤

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand the outrage the IWC are having over the fact that some of the women's matches were cut out.

We don't want a Summerslam that's 6-8 hours long. It honestly seems like fake outrage, especially when you look at some of the tweets talking about "Will you guys miss Becky🥺"

Also, the hypocrisy is crazy with some of these fans.

I honestly don't understand the outrage the IWC are having over the fact that some of the women's matches were cut out.

We don't want a Summerslam that's 6-8 hours long. It honestly seems like fake outrage, especially when you look at some of the tweets talking about "Will you guys miss Becky🥺"

Also, the hypocrisy is crazy with some of these fans.
And it's the same mfs who didn't buy any tickets in the first place 😭

And it's the same mfs who didn't buy any tickets in the first place 😭
They claim HHH just hates women, even though he's brought back women who were previously fired, and he brought back Chelsea Green, who many say was the best HHH rehiring as of now.

But when their favorite women gets cut from one show, now they have to push an agenda all of a sudden.

Meanwhile I have to deal with the fact that Theory hasn't defended his title on a PPV since Backlash, which was back in May.

They got it easy.

Back