• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problems with MHS MCU/TASM Spider-Man Calculations

This is in no way meant to be a downgrade or anything, im sure there are more feats on this level. This is entirely about problems I have with the currently accepted calculations and why I think they should either be altered or outright removed.

Spider-Man Dodges Thanos' Meteor
This calculation is relatively simple, and my problems with it are simple as well. The numbers here are derived from this. Problem here is that the velocity from the latter calc is only for the first few meteors, all of the meteors don't reach the planet at the same time and this would mean they all have different velocities, the time between when Thanos first throws them towards the planet and when Spider-Man dodges the meteor in question is actually closer to 14 seconds than the initial 3.31 seconds.

Since it's a simple problem the solution is also simple, we divide the current value by 4.22 (The difference between them) which leads to a speed of Mach 42 (High Hypersonic)

Andrew Garfield Outpaces Electro's Lightning
This feat is just.......weird. The premise here is that electricity goes through some metal railings and are about halfway to touching two people and in the small timeframe it takes for the elctricity to reach them, Spider-Man manages to both jump towards their location and also save them with his webs. As far as premises goes it seems simple, but the way the scene is structured tells quite a different story. For the purpose of structure I will put all the problems in a list.

1. Spider-Man is very clearly statued in the scene where the electricity reaches the railings and moves towards the people's hands. Sure he could have accelerated later, but I doubt it, especially considering my later points.

2. The car is shown visibly moving with Spider-Man, which shouldn't happen unless it was somehow also moving much faster than electricity.
3. The electricity is shown moving extremely fast and then just....stops...for no discernable reason.
4. All of the above happens in a slow motion scene of course, but Spider-Man doesn't travel there in slow motion, we can visibly see people running and hear them screaming when he does so, and somehow the electricity still hasn't reached their targets yet.

For clarification, the scene goes something like this:
Everything is statued as the electricity quickly moves up the railings and toward a persons fingers --> Spider-Man begins moving in slow motion and manages to shoot out webs to stop the car that was moving towards the people --> Time goes back to normal and we see the car begin tumbling towards the people and Spider-Man stopping it, as I said people are visibly moving and reacting to what is going on here and this goes on for a good few seconds --> Time once again slows down as Spider-Man shoots his webs to stop the people from touching the railing (This slow motion scene still includes people visibly moving so it obviously isn't the same kind of statueing we saw before)

Im not entirely sure how once could possibly save this feat, it's just so weird and inconsistent, but maybe someone will figure something out, idk.

Back