• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problem with Hoopa's tier

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Pretty sure there was a thread about it, but I haven't seen it. Look at the related thread tho.
I did twice in fact but there was no such thread at all. My thread is the only thread thats currently discussing Hoopa.

Wait im confused

Why is Hoopa's profile being downgraded so recently when that threads been done like weeks ago? Did someone just forget to downgrade it because of that post or was it something else?

That shouldnt be a reason to downgrade. Hoopa didnt have control over his powers and THAT was what made it threatening to everyone. Then the man with powers he got from Arceus sealed it away.

Besides if it was town level damage it could have just been AP, like the damage Arceus did to the creation trio. Their damages werent much larger than what Hoopa was doing. Didnt change the fact it was universal+ power being applied

Except Arceus had already indicated At least Universe level+ and Multi-Universe level feats, meaning clearly they were depicted at their highest potentials. Hoopa however, had no such indication but still had massive levels of PIS such as Country level entities endangering Multi-Continent level entities and non-legendary Pokemon over powering Legendary Pokemon.

As such it's useless to attempt to use powerscaling here.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Except Arceus had already indicated At least Universe level+ and Multi-Universe level feats, meaning clearly they were depicted at their highest potentials. Hoopa however, had no such indication but still had massive levels of PIS such as Country level entities endangering Multi-Continent level entities and non-legendary Pokemon over powering Legendary Pokemon.
As such it's useless to attempt to use powerscaling here.
Which country lvl pokemon overpowered continent lvl pokemon exactly?

And for non legendary pokemon harming legendaries, that has happened in almost every pokemon movie to date. Such as Arceus getting hit by electric types, Celebi getting harmed by a hunters scyther, Mewtwo having trouble with another hunters pokemon, Zekrom getting stalemated by a Golurk, etc.

Also why doesnt Hoopa have a key for his game and manga counterparts too?

Arceus has his own legitimate feats as does Mewtwo. I've already explained why powerscaling is used in such occasions and Hoopa doesn't.

All profiles are composite. Whether keys for different media of the Pokemon were to be added was brought up but it was decided it's fine for displaying the Pokemon at peak capacities but of course it makes powerscaling more difficult.

Okay but what about the other legendaries ive mentioned? As for the the rest, if thats the case why isnt Hoopa in the games brought up on its profile? IIRC Hoopa in the games as better feats then its anime counterpart and the games are the primary canon

The other legendary Pokemon are irrelevant, as they aren't power scaled to anyone outside the primary canon.

What feats does Hoopa have.

Oh then nvm

I think i might have mentioned this to you before but Hoopa in the games was able to summon all of the legendaries from the movie, plus the lake trio, kami trio, dog trio, Lugia, Ho Oh, the swords of justice and Cresslia and trap them within pocket spaces it created within its rings, leaving open ring portals scattered all throughout Hoenn in ORAS.

Hoopa is more on the hax side than destructive side tbh. His mind control and BFR are able to effect universal entities as shown in ORAS and the movie. But TMR already stated that in his profile. Hoopa's hax is just universal. Not his AP or durability.

When was ORAS Hoopa shown to use hax on the legendaries? Theres no showing on how he got them to go into those pocket spaces

And didnt Hoopa become stronger than Dialga and Palkia via wormhole theorm?

I already noted in that thread that I disagreed and though I had to step out for a moment, your arguments weren't accepted by the other staff.

Antvasima already warned you not to hassle us with it again.

FictionalBlade101 said:
When was ORAS Hoopa shown to use hax on the legendaries? Theres no showing on how he got them to go into those pocket spaces
They are shown to appear from a portal.

Also non-sequitur and argument from belief.

And didnt Hoopa become stronger than Dialga and Palkia via wormhole theorm?

No. That calc was not accepted because even building level characters can create portals, you can't calculate Universe level+ energy as it's infinite and he never actually calculated it. Just insisted it was so from a feat that they have previously shown to do, but were unable to do in the more recent movie.

TheMightyRegulator said:
I
No. That calc was not accepted because even building level characters can create portals, you can't calculate Universe level+ energy as it's infinite and he never actually calculated it. Just insisted it was so from a feat that they have previously shown to do, but were unable to do in the more recent movie.
The movie is from secondary canon so how can u use that as evidence from something that is coming from primary canon?

Back