• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prismo and GOLB Upgrades and Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So right now, Prismos page is really lacking. This thread will attempt to fix that. He has a decent amount of hax, powers and feats that aren't mentioned, so here we go.

Prismo

Speed
Prismo is a native entity to the "Time Room", which is outside of Time.

Anyways, At the center of the multiverse is a dimension called the Time Room, believed to be the quasi-corporeal dwelling place of the almighty Prismo. The Time Room is the single dimension that exists outside of time. The Time Room produces time waves that are experienced by other dimensions. Some dimensions have permanent links that allow travel to and from. Others become linked temporarily by naturally forming Worm Holes. And others can become linked artificially by magical portals, torn open by items of great power. Once the last gem is inserted into the Enchiridion it will have the power to create a portal to any dimension in the multiverse. An activated portal creates a time dilation in which either end of the portal experiences a temporal synchronization allowing for the safe passage of particles through a non-local region of space-time.
~ Booko, "The Lich"​
Actual video of the speech.

As Booko says, The Time Room is the only dimension located outside of time. As Prismo is effecively a native to that land, I believe Prismo should receive Infinite Speed.

Obviously, Finn, Jake, The Lich, Magic Man, Grob Gob Glob Grod and others moving within the Time Room is PIS and thus they don't scale. This arguably scales to The Cosmic Owl, Prismos Unnamed Boss and GOLB (who'll we'll get too soon).

On a side note, it's rather amusing to think that Magic Man has three Infinite speed feats and The Lich having Immeasurable feats, yet all are massive outliers since they contradict everything.

Causality Manipulation and Time Stop
In the episode Crossover, we see Prismo casually altering the past events of a timeline to "fix" things. What he does is alter the timeline so that the Ice Crown was destroyed in the Mushroom Bombs explosion and thus Ice Finn would be cured from his madness.

Clip of the scene in questio. In the same scene, he makes the Farmorld Timeline "pause", as in stopping it's time while he does so

Time 8 Immortality and Low-Godly Rege
Or something...

In the episode Is That you?, Finn and Jake travel to the Time Room after Prismo was "killed" by The Lich, only to find that while Prismo is "dead", his past self can still communicate with Finn and Jake. While in this state, Prismo sets up a time loop to make an alternate timeline Jake sleep forever so Prismo can be officially "alive" once more.

Furthermore, Prismo is the dream of an old man and will stay in existence as long as that old man stays alive, which seems to be forever.

That's right: Prismo is nothing than dream of a wrinkly old man. Man, I've gotten a lot hairier, but also balder? Tell me how that makes any sense. I'm like a big ol' hairy raisi
~ Prismo, "Wake Up"​
So, I suggest:

Immortality (Type 8; As long as his past self exist, Prismo will be "alive" in some manner. Additionally, as long as the Old Man sleeps, Prismo will be alive. Notably, the Old Man sleeps in a realm without time, therefore in order to kill the Old Man, they must be able to navigate in worlds where time doesn't exist)

I believe this would also count as "Low-Godly Regen".

Darkness Manipulation/Animated Shadow and/or Summoning
In "Wake Up", Finn and Jake go to wake up the aforementioned Old Man. In doing so, they unleashed a swarm of "Dark Prismos", which are there to protect him.

Screenshots: #1, #2.

Durability
Right now, Prismos durability is listed at "Unknown" for being killed by The Lich, implying he is a glass cannon. I have two issues with this.

1) The Prismo and The Old Man are not the same being per say. "Prismo is nothing than a dream of a wrinkly old man". Not that Prismo is the wrinkly old man.

2) The Lich killed Prismo through hax. As seen here, while it's not explicity stated, it apears that The Lich killed his Old Man body through his Death Manipulation powers.

Therefore, I think Prismos durability should be "Possibly Multi-Universe level" to match his AP, while the durability of his Old Man form to be listed as "Unknown".

GOLB

Speed
GOLBs speed is just "Massively Hypersonic+", however I believe that GOLB should be ranked at Infinite speed as well, for two reasons.

1) At the end of Puhoy when Finn woke up and made the Pillow Dimension cease to exist, there was a void of blackness in which GOLB was capable of moving in. Clip of that.

2) His current justification for his AP would likely mean he's superior to Prismo in terms of speed as well.

In case you think the Pillow Dimension is just a dream, here's a few things that back up its status as another universe. Dreams becoming universes is a pretty major aspect of Adventure Time lore. The Enchiridio references the fact that the universe, or at least a universe is the dream of an old man, and when that Old Man awoke, the Universe ceased to be.

The Comet Collided. It was, at last, the end.

The massive explosion sent clouds of dust over the planet, blocking the sun for hundreds of years, bringing about an Age of Extinction.

In a nearby dimension, a sleeping being -- perhaps that which dreams out universe that which slumbers beneath the surface of Reality -- began to awaken. Its eyes opened wide at the magnitude of the catastrophe.

The ancient elementals, our universe, all disappeared as the dream dissolved. The sleeper yawned, reached for its crown on the nigh stand, put it in and looked through the widow. In the sky, a ball of light. The sleeper was stunned by this apocalyptic coincidence and realized that it was a comet much like the one in his dream, coming closer.

In moments, the Comet would destroy the Sleepers world. His only hope was the vague, unlikely possibility that yet another sleeper who had been dreaming him and indeed, the dream within the dream.

But did it matter, O Reader. Who was dreaming whom. For no matter how you cut it, it was perfectly clear in the final sentence of our tale, The end was near

Scans.

On a side note...Finn created this universe and it was destroyed upon his awakening. Maybe Finn could get Low 2-C via non-combat applicable powers?

I agree with Type 8 Immortality for Prismo and Infinite Speed for GOLB, but i don't think the Old Man's dream stuff should be considered Low-Godly regen, It may be just Ressurection

Also, didn't he just teleported The Ice Crown to the moment where the Bomb exploded? If so, i don't think this should be considered Causality Manipulation, but he may have Acausality for existing outside of time

Isn't Causality Manipulation just manipulating cause and effect of events? If he altered the past events of a timeline that affected the events of the current point in time, isn't that effectively what causality manipulation is?

"The user can redirect any cause to any effect, undo anything by inverting the relation cause/effect, or even separate them entirely, making a specific effect impossible to be caused or a specific cause not producing any effect. This allows one to achieve virtually anything by redirecting the selected cause to the desired effect. A finger snap which normally causes sound and kinetic force could instead cause a sun explosion or a massive resurrection. The user could also instantly erase anything from existence, by making it's existence the cause of it's own nonexistence. Another possibility is the instant rewriting of a whole reality, by making Reality X (the current reality) the cause of Reality Y (a tailor-made one).

At high level, the user would be able to rewrite the laws of causality as a whole, essentially playing God." -Causality Page of VSBW

Isn't it like this, yeah?

Anyways, Type 8 immortality for Prismo and GOLB getting Infinite speed looks reasonable to me as well.

DK of the rest here, however.

The thing is, he simply teleported the crown to the moment where the bomb exploded, this would he Time Travel at best, and if we go by that logic, anyone who can alter the past of a timeline would have Causality Manipulation

Also, should he have "possibly far higher" next to his 2-C stats? He is apparently a user of "Wish Magic", and this type of magic has been previously stated as being capable of causing irreversible damage to the very structure of existence

I have a feeling that statement more so meant an indirect chain of events leading to the irreversible damage. But considering all magic users draw their power from a 2-A magic source and can theoretically draw as much power as they want, I believe "possibly far higher" is appropriate.

The series finale reveals a few new aspects to GOLB-

1. He can other creatures into eldritch horrors

2. He can regress the fundamental nature of things back to there original state, including completely depowering the ice king back into Simon, and regressing the Ice Crown back to when it was first created and had the power to do almost anything.

3. He cannot be erased/banished from existence, not even with wishes.

4. what he destroys/takes away is gone forever and cannot be restored, as Margles was never able to be brought back despite Betty tapping into GOLB power, as she is still shown to be gone during flashforwards we see during the final scenes of the finale when Normal Man is looking at a photo of her on his desk.

GOLB doesn't mess around...

It's when he first appears and Simon has a flash back to when he and Betty were eating breakfast.

Edit: It's not singing that's his weakness, it's harmony. They were singing in harmony, hence why he was being affected.

There isn't evidence to support that it could defeat him.

Plus he is a fundamental part of existence, so while it might hurt him a little I doubt it could ever truly kill or defeat him.

He is chaos/discord, and chaos is a natural part of existence as much as harmony is.

Abilities additions:

Spoilers Ahoy (Saw above, this is just with links for evidence)

Warning you guys

GOLB, off of his fight in the Finale Episode gets in terms of abilities:

Roflstomped everyone involved as expected of someone who is > Prismo

Portal Creation/Weather Manipulation

Summons lesser demons through bio manip and fusionism.

Said demons have biological absorbtion/fusionism and should probably get a separate profile.

Biological and Magical Absorbtion up to Magic Betty and The Crown.

Speaking of, powernull'ed both in its stomach.

The Crown was able to somewhat affect GOLB through fusing Betty. Even then it couldn't directly cause it harm. Since it's Wish Magic, which we treat as reality warping, GOLB would resist warping, and likely also death inducement and BFR.

Chaos Manipulation/Abtract Existence alongside being somewhat omnipresent; stated to be chaos itself. Also, it couldn't be wished to death or BFR'd unwilingly by the Crown.

Weakness to harmony/order, although its actual body isn't too adversely affected by that weakness too much.

Wouldn't what GOLB did to the creatures count as transmutation?

I think that Dargoo's suggestions seem fine.

Yeah, that makes sense. Forgot about the Guardian bit.

Also, GOLB is in desperate need of a new image:

S6E38 GOLB

The new suggested image seems fine to me.

So should I unlock the GOLB page, so somebody experienced can perform the edits?

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

I have updated the page.

Apologies for how long that took, I was dealing with another issue with another profile at the moment.

Does the page look good, now?

I think that it seems fine, yes. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Why hasn't Chrono Rex been added? He's the embodiment of time in Adventure Time. He has feats where he can remove an entire persons history by removing them fr time "erasing and portal creation etc.

a question, an omnipotent being (omnipotent real, not just almost omnipotent) could erase the golb, or that would be a paradox

a omnippotent lv 0-A

I feel like this can be closed now.

The 2-A additons are best saved for another thread if they're still in a sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back