• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Princess Peach vs Princess Celestia (GRACE)

Going with Princess Peach.
Catch Card should be used before Princess Celestia Attempts to use BFR or Sealing.

Peach having Power Stars means BFR/Sealing is no lol, Peach FRA
Where's it say that? Oh, and Discord had resistance to the latter, you can ask him how well that helped out.

And what's this about a catch card? How's it work? I know what it does, but can I see the thing in action?

Power Stars nullify sealing, the more you have = another layer of resistance. Peach has over 300. So you'd need REALLY good sealing and BFR.

It stuns you, seals your body and soul in the card, gg.
Yes, I'm aware, I asked where that was said/shown.

So, it seals you over the course of three seconds? I'm guessing you would have to throw them at someone or something? Hard to tell since it's paper Mario. Why are we assuming this is the first thing she does?

Yes, I'm aware, I asked where that was said/shown.
The entire plot of Mario 64. Mario needs Power Stars in order to break Bowser's seals. Failing to not have enough means he can't break the seal.

Nope, it just homes in on you automatically, much like other items in this game. In PiT, the very first thing Peach did when in trouble was use sealing when no one was around to help her. She's also a magic user when no weapons, so stuff like power null or sleep manipulation are another go-to for Peach.

The entire plot of Mario 64. Mario needs Power Stars in order to break Bowser's seals. Failing to not have enough means he can't break the seal.

Nope, it just homes in on you automatically, much like other items in this game. In PiT, the very first thing Peach did when in trouble was use sealing when no one was around to help her. She's also a magic user when no weapons, so stuff like power null or sleep manipulation are another go-to for Peach.
Seals? As in seals on the doors? I understand he needs them to open star doors.

As in, physically homes in or what?

Powernull is also not working on the Elements given they weren't at all affected by a magic negation cage and the Elements passively undo status effects.

Seals? As in seals on the doors? I understand he needs them to open star doors.
The seals on the doors + the Toads sealed within. Toads whom already have Power Stars on-hand are unable to escape.

It just has that arrow automatically stop you from moving, and then a Catch Card appears.

Do they specifically undo sleep manipulation?

The seals on the doors + the Toads sealed within. Toads whom already have Power Stars on-hand are unable to escape.

It just has that arrow automatically stop you from moving, and then a Catch Card appears.

Do they specifically undo sleep manipulation?
They have one star. All the seals require more than that.

Strongest thing that arrow has worked on?

Seems to nullify the offending magic in general when they use it. King Sombra's magic completely disappeared from the Mane 6 when the Elements triggered. So, it seems like it targets the magic specifically as opposed to the effects. If it just undid the mind control, Sombra's magic would still be there.
Then again, I'd argue sleep inducement falls under mind manipulation anyways since it forces a mental shutdown + it's whole purpose being to recharge the brain.

They have one star. All the seals require more than that.
Erm... no.

Strongest thing that arrow has worked on?
Why would strength matter, this is durability negation

Seems to nullify the offending magic in general when they use it. King Sombra's magic completely disappeared from the Mane 6 when the Elements triggered. So, it seems like it targets the magic specifically as opposed to the effects. If it just undid the mind control, Sombra's magic would still be there.
Then again, I'd argue sleep inducement falls under mind manipulation anyways since it forces a mental shutdown + it's whole purpose being to recharge the brain.
Well, no, because undoing the effect would just completely undo the magic. That's like me saying curing a status effect caused by magic would just mean that the magic only was nulled. Plus the sleep manipulation is done via danmaku, with the projectile putting you to sleep either by looking at it or touching it.

What does Peach even start with?
With nothing, her magic. With items, something like the Cobalt Star (which is sealing).

Her alternatives are transmutation, fear manipulation, freeze time to use literally anything, make her view of time slower via thoughts, etc. She can also retry a battle via 1-Ups, Life Shrooms, or Earlier Times.

And are there any power star Toads behind those doors? Last I checked, the very first one you find is the one that leads to the underground caves. When I said, "all seals require more than 1 star" I meant "all seals the power star toads are behind required more than 1".
Why would strength matter, this is durability negation
No, soul stealing is durability negation. Not holding someone down so you take/seal their soul over several seconds.
Well, no, because undoing the effect would just completely undo the magic. That's like me saying curing a status effect caused by magic would just mean that the magic only was nulled. Plus the sleep manipulation is done via danmaku, with the projectile putting you to sleep either by looking at it or touching it.
"Either"? Why is there an either? Is it by looking or by touch?
With nothing, her magic.
Doing what with it? Celestia has magic too, I still need to list what she can do with it to win a fight.
With items, something like the Cobalt Star (which is sealing).
Citation needed.

So, what are Celestia's wincons? I evidently can't rely on Peach's page since power stars grant resistances that aren't listed.

So, what are Celestia's wincons? I evidently can't rely on Peach's page since power stars grant resistances that aren't listed.
I’m guessing limited reality warping by reversing discord’s effects and powernull by helping split Cosmo’s magic into six gems

powernull is seemingly more likely wincon

I’m guessing limited reality warping by reversing discord’s effects and powernull by helping split Cosmo’s magic into six gems

powernull is seemingly more likely wincon
Celestia has to whirl the Elements around to charge them for several seconds though, even longer than the catch sticker. Hax isn't a wincon if the other guy can do it faster. Kinda defeats the whole point of a wincon.

I guess a basic-ass question is this hard for anyone to answer? That's what I get for expecting shit of people.

Where's the wincon?

Maybe instead of counting the votes, we can actually talk about whether or not Celestia has a wincon? There are already 7, so there's no point in counting them. Meanwhile, ignoring me and continuously counting extra votes doesn't make the problem/question I mentioned go away.

Back