• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Princess Luna Stars level ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will not give anybody an "At least 4-A" rating. The distance between the upper and lower energy borders is enormous, and there is no indication of galaxy level power.

Also, the Tantabus was a dream only creature, and the the Dazzlings are likely unquantifiable, as they were defeated in a world where all magic is enormously weaker.

Fair enough on the At Least part and the Tantabus part, but the Dazzlings did defeat the Mane 6 when using their Rainbow Power abilities, and it was clear they were a force to be reckoned with regardless, as they easily outclassed Star Swirl in the past. I don't think there's really any indication that magic is "weaker" in the EQG universe, just that it behaves differently.

@Ant

Actually, we more or less have revised our Constellation-making / Celestial Bodies feat. We tend to just consider them to be 4-B with 4-A range.

Wait a minute... Is Flurry Heart technically the most powerful alicorn at the minute ? Jeez.. And to tink her power has not reached it's peak yet.. Anyways, on topic, exactly how stronis Star Swirl in canon. I know he is comparable to Alicorns, but to what extent ?

@Pikachu If I remember correctly, there is supposedly almost no natural magic in the human universe, except for what has leaked through from the pony universe,

@Matthew Actually, we have not revised our standards regarding this. We are still supposed to use the system created by DontTalk, and considering that the power should disperse with the distance in the normal manner, it makes sense.

@Seed Flurry was only the most powerful when her power fluctuated, which has since been stopped by Sunburst's spell. Starswirl was shown in the comics to easily be able to contend with Celestia and Luna, but he's overall a mystery.

@Pikachu I suppose that you can scale the Dazzlings from Starswirl in any case.

@Matthew If you wish, you can start a staff thread regarding how we should handle multiple star-moving feats.

@Darkmon Instead of saying something as redundant as that little comment you gave , could you kindly explain why you oppose it ? A little bit of detail perhaps ? Please ?

I dont think luna was moveing the stars becuse of the wording of the legend it says they would ade her in her escape implying there doing it on there own and well it just seems odd that this isnt counted as a abillty not aplyabil to combate like moveing the moon is cosidered.

Everybody can fit within 4-B considering its range, actually. There's no need for any "At least"s or higher ratings.

@Darkmon

As I've already stated, yes, Luna didn't move those stars. However, from what I am told, Celestia has a straight up 4-B feat in the comics, so we wouldn't even be scaling from this.

Well, if Luna did not move several stars at once, we obviously cannot assign a 4-A rating.

What is Celestia's 4-B feat?

Well, we technically count multi-star feats as 4-A, but it seems like several staff members disagree with the practice. Perhaps somebody can start a highlighted staff thread about the issue?

Probably.

Though from what I am told, this particular feat is the creation of multiple stars in the form of a constellation as opposed to moving multiple stars over interstellar distances, which would be 4-B regardless.

Well, according to the Celestial Body Feats page: "If multiple Solar Systems are moved at FTL speed or groups consisting of other celestial bodies that are several lightyears apart, the feat will be ranked as Multi-Solar System level."

Yes, that is the interpretation some of the staff disagrees upon.

However, if Tia created the constellation (as in created the stars in it), that is a High 4-C/4-B feat regardless of interpretation.

I'm mainly bringing in the At Least 4-B because Sombra seemed to be on relatively even skill to Discord based on how both stomped the Princesses, but he does not have feats to support 4-A like Discord does.

So, should we count Celestia's constellation feat, and Discord's multiple stars-moving feat as 4-A or 4-B?

I will probably have to start a staff thread about this.

Well, creating the stars in a constellation is High 4-C to 4-B by its definition, as you're not creating any of the space in between the stars, but just the stars themselves.

As for feats involving moving multiple stars, I'm fairly certain Matt was on the 4-B side of the fence (he can correct me if I am wrong), which is where I most likely sit as of now, as well.

Okay. I have started a staff thread here about the general policy issue.

Since I am not staff, I would like to bring up I have a feat suitable for 4-B from the show itself with Celestia moving the sun. It was calculated using the method discussed in the thread Here on Post #40.

The feat in question comes out to 93.34 Foe.

Not sure if I agree with using Relativistic KE calcs for an object that is often moved clearly FTL by other sources, but it wouldn't really matter, because iirc, didn't Discord move multiple stars? That would be 4-B based on Lina's new calculations.

Discord moved multiple stars, yes. At least as far as I remember,

Yes, Discord did indeed, but Discord is stronger than the Alicorns by a clear margin, so this is good for the Alicorns specifically.

I mean, four Alicorns worth of magic was enough to stalemate Tirek with Discord's magic + the rest of the magic in Equestria, so it's not like he's orders of magnitude above them.

He's slightly above 2 Alicorns worth of power based on scaling. Basically:

1-2 Alicorns: Full Power Chrysalis, Post-Shining Armor Tirek

2-3 Alicorns: King Sombra, Discord, Post-Mane 6 Tirek, Elements of Harmony (low-balled here, likely higher)

3-4 Alicorns: All Alicorn Twilight, Post-Discord Tirek

4+ Alicorns: Crystal Heart, Flurry Heart (power fluctuation), Full Power Tirek, Rainbow Power, Dazzlings.

Are the general scaling by Alicorns from what I see. It's still enough to potentially lower the Alicorns to 4-C, so this 4-B feat would still be good.

I personally doubt that Flurry Heart (Shining Armor's baby), or the Dazzlings are that powerful.

It was stated that Flurry Heart was only that strong because of a strange power fluctuation that occurred due to her being a natural-born Alicorn with too much unchecked magic. Sunburst used a spell on her to curb her powers and make it so she can't do it again. So, Flurry Heart will only ever reach that power in the Season 6 Premiere, it likely won't happen again unless there's some timeskip with an adult Flurry Heart.

As for the Dazzlings, they did fight against and contend with Rainbow Power in Rainbow Rocks, so I feel like they are at that level of power. Just because the only magic in the EQG universe is what came from Equestria doesn't mean it got any weaker.

I just remembered that in Season 5, it was shown Discord leaves in this alternate, bizarre dimension that he created, which is shown in later episodes as well. I was wondering if this could potentially be used for an even higher rating for him, as he did indeed create hit with his reality warping capabilities.

It depends on the size of the pocket realm.

Yeah, some of us think that we should gauge moving multiple solar systems at MFTL+ speeds the same way as we do reality warping, and others think that we should simply add their Gravitational Binding Energies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back