• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Princess Allura Upgrade (Just her??)

Not to mention if it bypassed durability to that extent, Lotor would have just one shot Zarkon from the beginning even faster instead of beating around the bush in an actual fight.

ChaosTheory123 did a calculation and discovered that to be 100% bulletproof to the point that the world's most powerful bullet would bounce off the body's most fragile spot, you would only need to be City Block level.

That shows that surface area isn't much.

Yes, I am aware of that reality does not work like that, but western comicbook "logic" does, which is why we do not rate Wolverine's raw punching power as 4-B for damaging Thanos.

Adamantium is a special metal that can cut 4-B people, hence why it has 4-B potency. It isn't supporting your argument in the slightest.

Also, since when have we begun to ignore basic physics here?

Adamantium would still logically require a 4-B degree of force behind it to cut high level 4-B characters. There is a frequent inconsistency and lack of powerscaling logic within western comicbook series that seems to have carried over to Voltron to a degree.

My problem with this is that the Palladins are not supposed to be enhanced in any way compared to regular humans, just highly trained, and that they have no personal destructive feats of anywhere near the 5-B range. As such, I think that we should more critically examine if durability feats of this scale actually hold up, and if we should consider them as plot-induced stupidity outliers.

Ant, your grounds for calling all their feats outliers are shaky and inconsistent with our site rules. We've been over the AoE =/= AP thing over, and over, and over again. If we called them outliers, then we'd be saying all of their major feats are outliers and only use bare minimal showings, which is just disingenuous and very inconsistent with how we do things.

The fact that they aren't supposed to be enhanced and just trained is meaningless, they evidently are much, much more powerful than a human.

No, it is not exactly the same thing. Adamantium the metal can cut 4-B people, weather it is wielded by a person or a god. You don't need to make a strawman out of an incredibly simple comicbook concept to then try to leap into Voltron and argue that it is the same, when the argument there holds even less ground as the 5-B characters scale to people that do indeed have 5-B feats.

Also, why do you insist on calling every feat or scaling you disagree as "Plot-induced stupidity outliers". Just one random term will do.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Does anyone have links to the actual feats in their full context? That'd probably make things a lot easier.
I'll dig for them around Monday. I have a busy next few days coming up.

Well, as usual, I am far too busy with managing all of my other tasks in this wiki to argue extensively about this, but I still think that it severely harms our credibility to rate the main Voltron characters as Planet level without their lions.

That said, I appear to be outvoted.

I agree. Also, I believe Lotor needs an update for justifying his tier. After all, he fought Zarkon and killed him in the recent season (I really didn't see that coming....).

Plus i really dont think we should be changing our stats just by how other people and sites will view us. People disagree with how we rate characters all the time, why should we go just by what they say now?

@Azathoth

Okay. Thank you for the help.

@WeeklyBattles

I am not concerned about what the usual comparatively very small group of haters say. I am concerned that this is so extreme that we will lose credibility with our general audience.

Back