• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pressure points

I have been wondering this for awhile now;

Is dislocating bones considered pressure points?

Or attacking the joints considered pressure points?

I'm sorry if this is considered a stupid question

I'm not sure about just attacking the joints but if the character has an attack that is gurenteed to dlislocate bones if it hits then that should be considered a pressure point strike.
  • Cause unbearable pain to the enemy
  • Paralyze the enemy (partially or completely)
Dislocation meets both these criteria.

I questioned this because i have seen 2 profiles namely

Mikey from Tokyo Revengers (Where if this is true, He is lacking pressure points)

"Disarticulation: Separation of a bone or body part at the joint. Broke Takemichi and South's arms, also confirmed on his character page as his "special skill"."

Baek Yisoo from Baek XX (Where he has Dura neg instead of pressure points)

"Durability Negation (Can damage opponents with high durability by dislocating joints)"

Disarticulation looks like Mikey just breaks the joint instead of dislocating the joint from the image on the page(I haven't reached this part in the manga yet), but if he is dislocating it should be considered

That's definetly pressure points not dura neg.
Should we make a CRT for Mikey to add Pressure points?

And another to change Dura neg to pressure points for Baek Yisoo?

Damn... What about the dura neg part? Would that be pressure points?
Durability negation is a supernatural ability which allows your attacks to penetrate through your opponent's durability and hurt them even when they have way higher durability than your AP. Pretty sure that was never done by Mikey at the least.

Durability negation is a supernatural ability which allows your attacks to penetrate through your opponent's durability and hurt them even when they have way higher durability than your AP. Pretty sure that was never done by Mikey at the least.
No not mikey. I'm talking about this part:
Baek Yisoo from Baek XX (Where he has Dura neg instead of pressure points)

"Durability Negation (Can damage opponents with high durability by dislocating joints)"
This should be presure point right?
(I know a character with a similar attack if this isn't pressure point, it might have to be removed from his profile as well.)

No not mikey. I'm talking about this part:

This should be presure point right?
(I know a character with a similar attack if this isn't pressure point, it might have to be removed from his profile as well.)
About that, I am not much knowledgeable.

But will say that I don't think so that it qualifies for durability negation.

The durneg page has this:
  • Attacking internal organs - Due to the manipulation of internal energy (or electricity), a character can directly target the internal organs, thereby ignoring the durability of the outer layers (such as leather, armor, etc.). Manipulation of threads is also included in this type, as even a single fibre, penetrated through a crack in the armor, can be fatal.
If joints are considered as internal organs, then surely. But for that, I still think you will need to prove that the character being attacked has way higher durability than the attacker and the attacker's attacks ignore the durability.

Back