• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Predicting the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analytical Prediction is looking at information in the present and predicting for the future.

Precognition is directly actually looking into the future itself.

There's a big difference between calcing or guessing something and actually knowing firsthand.

It isn't exactly necessary but if we really wants to we can call Precog via supernatural means foresight and intellectual means analytical prediction

Let me say it again. What elaboration is necessary?

This is going on a little too long.

It's much less important about how much detail the power page goes, compared to how well the character page explains it. We are not Powers and Abilities wiki, we don't have to separate every little deviation into types or something, that's counterintuitive to what we do as a VS wiki in the first place. We will never satisfy the infinite variations an ability can take in fiction based on their respective author's interpretation, and we shouldn't push for it either. We just have to do well enough job to generalize them and leave open enough space to encompass the different variations it can be, and the rest is left to the character profile to explain.

The current page does well enough job as it is.

Okay then. I just thought that it would be practical to create two sections for extremely advanced mathematical probability evaluations and actually using supernatural means to view the future, but it seems like I have likely been outvoted.

It's a genuine question from me. What elaboration is necessary?

As I have tried to explain, I just want us to use a section with two bullet points. One for analytical prediction, and one for conventional supernatural future viewing, as they work very differently. That is all.

I mean, both pages used to be separate. But it was decided to merge them. And the second paragraph already specifies that the ability to see/predict the future can be based on different methods:
Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities. Given this wide variety of methods, any given user's form of Precognition and its limitations should be described on their page.

But seeing future itself is not the same as predicting it via present info.

For example someone with Type 4 Acausality can resist Precognition, but they cannot resist
Analytical Prediction which is more of a skill thing whether supernatural or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back