• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Predator Revision

We know there are countless of strong implications behind said civilization to safely claim it was within tier 6. We also know it's obviously based on the "ancient human civilization matching/surpassing modern civilization due to aliens" trope. This doesn't seem like any feat that would require anything quantifiable (esp. the one wiping out such civilization) and we have plenty to say why they would fall under tier 6 without being outliers as far as I'm concerned.

I'd agree if this was all pure speculation but I don't see how that's the case here. But fine I may not convince you but neither have you to me.

560165 said:
Maybe this will help at least in proving they are easily capable of such destruction:

"Then suddenly the spaceship door opened . . .
The Predator shot out from the open door atop a grey hovering surface that looked like a sled . . . With the Predator came light, an event horizon of light, radiating swiftly from the groove around the side of the spaceship. A circle of light golden and light green, mixing and hissing. Streaming out on all sides, traveling a few inches off the ground. It kept coming and coming, the Predator riding over it like a surfer . . .
Not a defensive weapon, an offensive weapon.
Gustat heard a cry . . . and another sound above the hum of the deadly light, the sound of trees and bushes splintering, vaporizing, and crumbling, and then he was looking both at the edge of the light coming at him, like a phosphorescent horizontal buzz saw, and the flat surface of that light, striations like rings in a redwood . . .
Wearily Gustat climbed out of the mud to a scene of utter devastation. The light radiating from the spacecraft had singed, burned, or just pulverized anything three inches above the ground . . .
For all Gustat knew, the entire island had just been destroyed except for the spaceship and the area immediately around it.
"

^ Long story short, Predators have some flying surfboard/sled demolish an entire island within moments (avoiding his spaceship for obvious reasons).
This could be calced but given that the island is of indeterminate size who knows where it'll end up. Either way, I wasn't arguing against Tier 6 Predator weapons - at least not for those reasons - I was arguing against Tier 6 self-destruction specifically, something that is conclusively shown only once and is thus an outlier.

Other Predator weaponry - especially a spacecraft's weaponry - can certainly be Tier 6 if there's good feats, and this is a good feat, just one that needs to be calced. But its results won't change the self-destruct device being an outlier, because they're different weapons, and one is used by individual Predators and the other is on a ship.

Anything else to be disputed?

I hate to bump this thread, but maybe it would be a good idea to add some feats detailing what a Predator has to go through to earn each rank (Blooded, Elite, etc?)

Details

Back