• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Precognition and Fate manipulation

So because i don't want to hear this argument anymore i will ask this.

We have two characters.

Guy A that can see direct futur.

Guy B that can shave all infinite futur/possibility into only one.

Does the guy A that can see the direct futur will create a new futur/be able to change the futur if he see the only the futur/possibility existing or he will be "locked" into the only futur existing as guy B erased all the other.

Shouldn’t this been in a Q&A?

Well, either way, it will been one future rather than a new future because as far as I am aware changing the future could also just backfire on Character A than saving A.

i guess it depends if the future is absolute or not because if don't use this then we would got fate manip for deku lol

i guess it depends if the future is absolute or not because if don't use this then we would got fate manip for deku lol
Nah, while I know you joking about the Deku getting future manipulation and because this is fiction, we know they can been a bit inconsistent ngl.

Anyway, the answer is no, Guy A can't create a new future or anything like that. He can only see it, aka has precog, and Guy B shaves down all potential futures into only one happening, which Guy A can't do anything about, because precog isn't fate manip and doesn't let you create any new futures. Precog and fate manip are two completely different powers, there's nothing to debate

Depends entirely on the context, Guy A can still change his future via changing his own actions, in turn changing the course of the future.

This reminds me of when two Kenbunshoku Haki users clash the immediate future is changed. So it's something like this, I'll include another character into the mix being character C.

Both character A and character C can look several seconds into the future that's set in stone, character A sees the immediate future and doesn't like the results of his actions, and picks another course of action to take instead to "avoid." the fate they've viewed that's set in stone. Really anyone can change Fate, you don't need Fate Manipulation to change the future before you unless you want to do it in a similar way like how Yhwach does.

Depends entirely on the context, Guy A can still change his future via changing his own actions, in turn changing the course of the future.

This reminds me of when two Kenbunshoku Haki users clash the immediate future is changed. So it's something like this, I'll include another character into the mix being character C.

Both character A and character C can look several seconds into the future that's set in stone, character A sees the immediate future and doesn't like the results of his actions, and picks another course of action to take instead to "avoid." the fate they've viewed that's set in stone. Really anyone can change Fate, you don't need Fate Manipulation to change the future before you unless you want to do it in a similar way like how Yhwach does.
Technically that is more of a result the future not being absolute. Rather it is constantly changing and not fixed to a single outcome/future.

Also changing actions that may also make it so the future will remain the same rather than being altered at all.

Technically that is more of a result the future not being absolute. Rather it is constantly changing and not fixed to a single outcome/future.
The difference is that the future in the example I just used is indeed absolute. It's set in stone as I said.
Also changing actions that may also make it so the future will remain the same rather than being altered at all.
This is literally contradiction, the future won't remain the same if you've changed your actions that lead up to said future. That's impossible.

The difference is that the future in the example I just used is indeed absolute. It's set in stone as I said.

This is literally contradiction, the future won't remain the same if you've changed your actions that lead up to said future. That's impossible.
Immediate future being assumed to being set in isn’t what I call a absolute future if it being altered by changing the actions.

Yes, it is impossible unless the changes to the future is legitimately reverted/undone especially with the example you give that make it so every single possible futures is presented and only one future comes out on top for that matter.

Immediate future being assumed to being set in isn’t what I call a absolute future if it being altered by changing the actions.
It's looking forward with temporal ability, it's absolutely set in stone for those few seconds. Again, the result of the future is the direct result of one's actions leading up to that moment. It's avoiding it entirely by halting what one has done or plans on doing.

For example Character A foresees his arms getting cut off a few seconds into the future, and avoids it by not attacking with his arms. In turn you've changed and altered the future by ceasing your own actions.
Yes, it is impossible unless the changes to the future is legitimately reverted/undone especially with the example you give that make it so every single possible future and only one future comes out on top for that matter.
In my example there isn't several outcomes, there's only one outcome so this is a moot point to argue on.
Except Guy B can literally shave any and every possibility to 1 certain future, so Guy A shouldn't even be able to act in a way that will change the future, no?
He can by viewing that 1 future, if the others are nuked that would only leave one future to view, see where I'm getting at? If anything shaving it down to one future against a character that can see toward in time would make it easier as now they wouldn't need to sift through several futures.

It's looking forward with temporal ability, it's absolutely set in stone for those few seconds. Again, the result of the future is the direct result of one's actions leading up to that moment. It's avoiding it entirely by halting what one has done or plans on doing.

For example Character A foresees his arms getting cut off a few seconds into the future, and avoids it by not attacking with his arms. In turn you've changed and altered the future by ceasing your own actions.

In my example there isn't several outcomes, there's only one outcome so this is a moot point to argue on.

He can by viewing that 1 future, if the others are nuked that would only leave one future to view, see where I'm getting at? If anything shaving it down to one future against a character that can see toward in time would make it easier as now they wouldn't need to sift through several futures.
Except this one futur can't be changed, as it's the only one ceasing his action would mean chosing an another futur (the futur where he doesn't move his right arm) that the one decided to be the only one happening.

I really thing you guy confond having only one futur that obligated to happen and choosing your futur but letting the other exist

this thread can be resolved easily
the precog sees what is going to happen, and if the future is changed, he sees the new future instead

The ability of guy B is litteraly it exist only one futur and all other are erased changing an action is changing the futur but if doesn't have any other futur so he can't change his action

Except this one futur can't be changed, as it's the only one ceasing his action would mean chosing an another futur (the futur where he doesn't move his right arm) that the one decided to be the only one happening.
Every action creates another possible outcome, destroying and or shaving previous existing future's doesn't stop new one's from happening, the future is something that branches off with each individual choice and action, it isn't something linear is nature. Character B is just shaving them down into one, but that doesn't mean that a new one can't be made. That's how fate works.

To change the futur you would need to create a new possibilities. As all other possibilities of you escaping you stopping your action you Countering the atk doesn't exist anymore.

Fair point about the looking into the future, but even those few seconds being somehow set in stone doesn’t much sense if we go with time being constantly changing rather than just move in a single direction.

Not it matter since even though the few second may been “set in stone”, changing actions during those few seconds will practically make it so that future being changed rather than a absolute one.

huh so precog can resist fate hax (this in particular anyways) by just making a new future aka seeing the future and acting based on that future, correct?

Every action creates another possible outcome, destroying and or shaving previous existing future's doesn't stop new one's from happening, the future is something that branches off with each individual choice and action, it isn't something linear is nature.
Not for guy B and you know it since yiu know which character i talk.

She litteraly doesn't shaving previous existing futur, she shaving all infinite possible futur that can happen for this action, him seing the futur and stoping his action is countered as a possibility.

huh so precog can resist fate hax (this in particular anyways) by just making a new future aka seeing the future and acting based on that future, correct?
Normally no as her it doesn't exist any possibility to make another action, she litteraly lock your fate to one action

nope, precog won't help you against someone who uses fate hax to make one specific outcome/possibility happen no matter what

To change the futur you would need to create a new possibilities. As all other possibilities of you escaping you stopping your action you Countering the atk doesn't exist anymore.
The present and past are still a thing that exist, within that moment you can still form another outcome. Character B doesn't the branching of the future permanently, news ones can and will form.

Not for guy B and you know it since yiu know which character i talk.
Hm I'm fully aware who your referring to. Said character doesn't stop the flow of fate permanently, new ones still form regardless.
She litteraly doesn't shaving previous existing futur, she shaving all infinite possible futur that can happen for this action, him seing the futur and stoping his action is countered as a possibility.
"All possible futures" =/= permanently deleting others from forming, again this is not how Fate or the Future work. The future is something that's ever changing in nature. The future is literally a byproduct of the present. If you can act in the present you can change the future with your actions, the future is something that's ever changing.

For character B to do what your thinking they'd also need to change the present along with the future.

sorry gin but this is cap
being able to create a new future is something only characters with some level of fate manipulation can do
precognition does nothing except for seeing what is going to happen, and if what's going to happen changes then they can't change it back unless they have fate manipulation
if fate says that they will not be able to perform any other action, then they won't unless they fate manipulate

Back