• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Triforce of Power Ganondorf upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So currently Ganon before gaining the Triforce of Power is treated as High 7-A to 6-C via scaling upwards of young Link. When I gave him that tier when I revised his profile it had somehow slipped my mind he fought WW Link who had the Master Sword during the final boss fight of Wind Waker (And neither of them had their respective Triforce pieces at that point), so he should be High 6-A instead.

I guess yeah, WW Ganon is definitly stronger than base OOT ganon, but it shouldnt be like a million times as ww ganon lacks any amping item.

This is fine as Ganondorf was likely trained by the Twinrova sisters themselves in physical, magic and to use weapons, so it's possible to assume that he left the Gerudo Desert to go to Hyrule once the sisters deemed him strong enough to start the plan, he can effortlessly kill Hyrule soldiers and could have easily dispatched Child Link if he wanted.

In OoT, we don't see this version of Ganondorf fight until obtaining his Triforce piece but it can be assumed that he fights physically and with magic, then there are differences depending on the timeline:

WW Ganondorf: His plan succeeded and was able to rule Hyrule with his triforce piece until Link stopped him, upon being free he was starting the ruin Hyrule/the world to the point the Gods had to flood the entirety of it, Ganondorf could not use his triforce piece until Link extracted the Master Sword, he has more knowledge of the world and its state, skillfully uses his katana's.

TP Ganondorf: His plan failed and an attempt to kill him was made, which failed since he received his triforce piece and was sent to the Twilight realm where he used Zant to conquer Hyrule castle for him, there he quickly learned how to use the hax of the Twili and the sword prev. used to kill him. So, he has less experience than his WW self but has knowledge about the Twili hax and skillfully uses the sword he gained.

I agree to this as well. And of course there's a possible speed upgrade for the whole cast as well; at least everyone High 6-A and above.

WW Ganon blocking light arrows. Almost rel+.

Well since its a straight forward upgrade and there's staff approval including from knowledgeable members I'll make the changes.

Dark649 seems to make sense.

Child Link is only High 7-A scaling from the bombs as well as other bosses such as King Dodongo. Also, Base Ganondorf is separated from Berserk Ganon. But Onox and Veran are already considered comparable to Twinrova who is comparable to the other Adult OoT bosses. But DMUA accepted this calc, and Antvasima said it can be used.

I think it's some kind of special nickname for Ganondorf.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I think it's some kind of special nickname for Ganondorf.
I have literally never heard "Crenado" used in anything outside of this website, where did this COME FROM, it's bugging me!

Oh, I looked it up. It's a Spanish word for Crenate. Not sure what it has to do with anything, or why it's a big deal. But sounds off topic.

Base Ganondorf was upgraded to High 6-A and the new speed calc was accepted.

Ah a Vinesauce watcher, I see you're also a man of culture. Anyway Uncle Nando has been upgraded to High 6-A so now we should focus on the speed upgrades DDMs calc will give.

I thought the calc didnt upgrade anything? Minus amping items and the like. Whic would put a + on it.

It upgrades the High 6-A characters from 0.24c to 0.464c, not a major upgrade but an upgrade nonetheless.

I mean, do we really need a thread for that? If the calc is accepted just link that on the profiles instead. It clearly aint an outlier. So there aint any reason why it'd be controversial.

Oh I agree we don't need a thread, when I said to focus on the speed upgrades I meant we should focus on applying the new calc, I probably should have made my post clearer.

In any case for any justification changes Ganondorf obviously just gets the calc linked on his page, WW Link gets "Kept up with Ganondorf" every other Link with the Master Sword gets "Comparable to WW Link" and everyone else gets "Kept up with <insert specific Link> who had the Master Sword" or "Comparable/superior to <insert specific dungeon boss>". All the Relativistic+ characters that scale to Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power remain the same but Ganon himself should have his justification changed from not being overwhelmingly slower than Yuga to "Much faster than his base/weakened state". BOTW Link and Calamity Ganon also get an added + to their speed ratings as well.

So have the accepted changes been applied, and if so is there anything left to do here?

There's nothing left to do here, I'll start making changes to speed with DDMs accepted calculation later but this threads purpose has been fulfilled.

Okay. I will close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back