• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I was thinking of adding a key to DBD characters, that represent their power from before they were taken in by The Entity. Why? For a couple of reasons:

1: It helps to differentiate them and make their profiles more "unique".
2: It represents their lore better.
3: It gives us goofy ahh profiles like 10-A Leon Kennedy.
4: idk im bored

So yes, let's get on with it. Since the actual game takes place inside the Entity's realm, most feats from before these characters were taken in are found in their in-game backstories and cutscenes. There's probably a bunch of them I'm missing, I haven't read / watched all the lore, this is by no means an extensive list and I in fact encourage you guys to help me out with this. I'll only be mentioning the characters that actually have something of note to them, as many survivors are 10-B and there's a bunch of killers that have mysterious pasts or where it'd be difficult to rank them, especially the licensed ones.

The Survivors

Dwight Fairfield:
Perception Manipulation (Spiked his boss' drink, causing him to see those around him as monsters), other than that, 10-B stats all around.

Meg Thomas: Should have Athlete level speed, as she was a runner in her school's track team. Everything else about her is 10-B though.

Nea Karlson: Vehicular Mastery (Evaded an incoming car while riding her skateboard), likely Stealth Mastery (Her in-game lore description describes her as "nimble" and "almost cat-like". The description of Urban Evasion, one of her personal perks, states that she's spent "years evading the cops"), other than that, 10-B.

Ace Visconti: His durability is definitely above 10-B since he lasted five minutes in a fight with a pro MMA fighter. With great injuries, mind you, but he got his ass beat and was still standing. Probably also a stamina feat. Also, Social Influencing since his official bio claims he "gambled, scammed, seduced and smooth-talked his way to a life of luxury".

Bill Overbeck: Bill's 10-A because he was a soldier in the Vietnam war. This should also grant him Weapon Mastery and Martial Arts. Even in his elder years he was able to kill a zombie in one strike (albeit he had shot it a few times already). Also he's 9-C with weapons since he carried an M16 and has a holster, which implies he had a pistol. Also, he should also be comparable to his teammates who beat the gorilla-sized Tank to death with their melee weapons.

David King: David's either 10-A or 9-C, I'm not quite sure. He was a former rugby player and got into fights constantly. He broke a man's finger with little effort, and later fought multiple people at the same time, although he was eventually overwhelmed. The flavour text of his "Debt Collector" outfit claims he broke some poor dude's orbital bone. Couldn't find much info on how much energy is needed for doing that though.

Detective Tapp: 10-A for being a cop, and the Weapon Mastery, and Martial Arts that come with that. Also, 9-C durability because he wears a bullet proof vest.

Ash Williams: 10-B, 9-C with weapons, as his chainsaw hand and shotgun are referenced.

Steve Harrington: We can probably give him 9-C with equipment since his perks showed him carrying around his spiked baseball bat. Otherwise, 10-B stats all around.

Yui Kimura: She may be above 10-B, since she beat the crap out of her attacker long enough for the cops to arrive, despite sustaining a broken arm and foot during the struggle. She also definitely has Vehicular Mastery, as she's been racing since she was a child and quickly made a name for herself in the underground racing community.

Jill Valentine: 10-A stats, Weapon Mastery, and Martial Arts for being a S.T.A.R.S. member, but that's about it.

Leon S. Kennedy: 10-A stats, Weapon Mastery and Martial Arts for being a police officer, plus 9-C durability because of his ballistic vest. He has a holster too so maybe we can add his gun too?

Jonah Vasquez: Jonah used to work for the CIA as a codebreaker, so that should grant him Hacking, but he also went on ground missions and shit so I'm thinking he's probably 10-A, 9-C with his gun. He also definitely has at least Gifted intelligence, as indicated in his lore.

Ada Wong: Everything we know from this version of Ada comes from her bio in the game, which states that she's a "trained assassin" (so, 10-A stats), and a "Weapons expert with martial arts training" (Weapon Mastery and Martial Arts).

Rebecca Chambers: Same as all the other RE survivors so far, she's a police officer so 10-A, plus Weapon Mastery and Martial Arts. Sorry if I sound like a broken record. She also wears a ballistics vest so 9-C durability. Her official bio states that she "reached for her sidearm" but that it was nowhere to be found, so I guess 9-C with weapons too for having a gun.

The Killers

Trapper:
10-B physically, but he should be able to reach 9-B or 9-A and Explosion Manipulation with preparation, as his official bio shows us that he killed tons of people by luring them into a mine, then "activating the explosives" to trap them inside of it.

Wraith: Funnily enough, his stats pretty much stay the same. This is because his LS feat of ripping a spine is what we use for scaling the characters inside the entity's realm, and said feat also puts him at 9-B Attack Potency, so yeah, Wraith stays the same, except for his powers and abilities because before being taken by The Entity he was just some regular guy.

Hillbilly: He killed two dogs by breaking their necks. This requires 1000-1250 lb of force, thus landing him in 9-C with Class 1 LS. As for Speed, he outran said dogs, which scaling from similar looking breeds should land him in the Superhuman speed rating. He also got shot in the leg and kept going so that's also a stamina feat.

Nurse: Not sure about her. It's implied she killed 54 people via unknown means, with some of them having been choked somehow. Honestly she's probably in the "Unknown" tier, with a "at least 10-B" slapped there for good measure.

Hag: She's weird, because her backstory is very vague. To start off, she definitely has Immortality Type 2, as she persisted even after being "Starved, infected, and mutilated after several weeks of torture". It's also sort of implied she grew some sort of Rage Power after etching ancient symbols onto the floor, giving her a "dark hunger" that "yearned for blood". Said hunger gives her the power to mutilate and devour her kidnappers, with the village's rescue party only being able to attribute such carnage to "an unidentifiable animal". Soooo... "10-B normally, 9-C with the symbol's powers"?

Doctor: Electricity Manipulation via his torture methods. Other than that, 10-B stats.

Huntress: Definitely 9-C. She killed a bunch of soldiers without any of them being able to get a hit on her, and sent one of them flying pretty far back with a kick. Her lore states she hunted wolves and bears for their meat. According to the description of her "Ignition" outfit, she charged through a flamethrower's flames, killed the person holding it, and lived to tell the tale (though with significant burns).

Freddy Krueger: His description makes no mention of any AP feats so I'm gonna leave him at Unknown with Dream Manipulation because it's said in his bio that he "invaded Quentin's dreams, terrorising him night after night, until his strength and defences would be at their lowest"

Clown: It's stated he had "significant athletic prowess", and was hired to work the ropes on a traveling circus because of his "prodigious strength", so he's most likely 10-A. Also Sleep Manipulation, as he used anaesthetics to catch his victims. 9-C with his knife, too. Finally, Perception Manipulation and Acid Manipulation as seen here and here respectively.

Legion: Frank has Social Influencing, as he made it so that the other members of The Legion would do "anything he asked". Aside from this, all of them are 10-B, 9-C with the one knife they all share and their crowbar.

Plague: 10-B, 9-C with her sacred blade.

Ghost Face: 10-B, 9-C with his knife, blah blah blah, it's routine at this point. Stealth Mastery because he would stalk his victims for weeks at a time before killing them, with them only seeing a "dark figure" following them.

Demogorgon: Look, I'll just copy-paste it's official bio here: "A blooming mouth full of needle-like teeth for a face, large, curved, razor-sharp claws, and powerful legs to pounce on victims, make The Demogorgon a frightening monster to face in any dimension. It is a nightmare of unrestrained, feral rage as it hunts down its prey and rips it to pieces, devouring every last morsel of flesh and gore, leaving nothing for scavengers. The creature is untouched by any sense of compassion or restraint. Looming over its victim, it shows no doubt or mercy, just the pure instinct of its insatiable blood lust as it delivers the deathblow." Sounds 9-C to me, idk.

Oni: In his lore it's said that he "dashed hundreds of skulls with [his kanabo]" and that he "crushed [a] samurai's head and cracked his helmet" with it. Later, he kills a dozen samurai, as "his speed and strength were unmatched". He later fights almost an entire village, but ultimately dies fighting. So I'm thinking 10-A, 9-C with the kanabo, with Weapon Mastery.

Deathslinger: In-game backstory here. I'm not sure about him physically, 9-C with his various inventions. He invented a gun that shot railroad spikes and used it on his boss, nailing him to his desk. He later created his spear gun, The Redeemer, which can shoot through a person's abdomen. He also created several other torture devices, although what they are and what they do exactly is unknown. Speaking of physical feats, he smashed Bayshore's face into "a bloody stew", but the real kicker comes later, when his gang starts beating up the prison warden, "snapping bones with each kick". So, should we scale Caleb to his gang? Snapping a bone with one blow is, iirc, 9-C. Finally, he has a durability feat, as the "Jaw Smasher" add-on shows that he had a bullet go through his jaw and lived to tell the tale.

Blight: Already has this!

Trickster: 10-B, 9-C with his throwing knives and bat.

Sadako: Lore here. Death Manipulation (Caused a journalist to die with her powers) and Curse Manipulation (Projected a curse on a videotape that killed its viewer after seven days). 10-B otherwise.

Wesker: Unknown. Dude exposed himself to the Prototype Virus, giving him "superhuman strength", but that's all the insight we get.

alright that's it this literally took me days

Last edited:
Ash would be, assuming we use feats only in their lore, 10-B, 9-C with weapons, as his chainsaw hand and shotgun are referenced.

Yes, if it's a licensed character, we're only using stuff that appears in dbd's description of the character, or any dbd cutscenes they appear, as this is dbd's "version" of the character.

Also, added Ash's rating to the list. Thanks for the help, I was really just being lazy and didn't want to read the wall of text that is Ash's backstory lololol

i want bill l4d to fight walter white that's why

jk the actual reasons are in the post

Last edited:
Now that I have time, I can offer more thoughts on this.

Yes, I think that Pre-Realm keys aren't just a fun addition, but a worthy one. All the killer profiles, as of now, cover them and their abilities that are given to them by the Entity. Everyone is buffed (or nerfed, if you're Freddy, apparently). Pre-Realm keys would detail who the character is prior to gaining power from the Entity, which I feel is relevant enough to index.

And to elaborate on Ash:

• "Then he looked around and his grin fell. It was the kind of place that made two things obvious: one, there wasn't any bar for miles, and two, he was going to need his shotgun and chainsaw, both of which he lacked. As he started to walk towards a glinting light ahead, a scream rippled through the trees."
  • "Every blow she delivered earned him a new wound. She slashed his bad knee and he fell to the floor. As she jumped on top of him, Ash shrieked in disgust, knocking the knife out of her grasp. Her varicose hands wrapped around his neck, strangling him. Gasping, he outstretched his arm, hand landing on a soap dispenser. He spurted out some liquid on his fingers and poked her in the eyes. The elderly woman winced, weakening her hold, and Ash elbowed her in the face, knocking her back. He rolled over and grabbed the knife on the floor. Just as he was about to plant it in her chest, he stopped. There was something else he wanted more.

He pressed the blade against her throat.
    Let's make a deal, demon. In exchange for not killing you, you portal me back to my friends. The demon agreed."
Seems to be pretty unfazed after being stabbed by a demon, damages her unarmed, and then wields a knife, followed by a direct reference to his chainsaw and shotgun. 9-C, higher with weapons seems fine. If not, 10-B, 9-C with weapons.

Seeing how this demon was slashing him and shit i wouldn't at all say that having Ash be 10-A is out of the question

Aight so? Their pre-entity endeavors is what we see in the cutscenes and what we read about in their bios and the tome pages. It's an important part of the lore that is not at all represented in their profiles.

Why not though. Not only have I pretty much already done all the work, meaning it takes no effort to add it, but all the cutscenes, tome pages, bios for the characters etc etc represent THESE versions of the characters, not the ones you see in game.

Why not though. Not only have I pretty much already done all the work, meaning it takes no effort to add it, but all the cutscenes, tome pages, bios for the characters etc etc represent THESE versions of the characters, not the ones you see in game.
Because these are versions that only really exist in codex and animated vignettes; it’s weird that deserves its own key (especially when you consider a lot of these guys are the same ratings of 10-A)

really this is to portray a vrsion Of the characters who are mostly just weaker and lack the hax they have in the same proper; idk what the appeal exactly is here. Imo just adding them to the profiles as support is better

Is it true that the tomes, lore descriptions, and cutscenes portray the characters in their Pre-Realm state. We do get to see these versions of the characters in-game.

While some may not be as noteworthy as others, the Pre-Realm versions of these characters are still important to the narrative. While DBD may not have a traditional story to tell, there are still multiple stories being told, many of which happen outside of the Realm. Look at Haddie and all her supernatural encounters, or Charlie and her quest for freedom.

Even if some characters may not have noteworthy statistics, their Pre-Realm selves are important to the overarchhing narrative of the game, and portray them without the powers of the Entity. Given that these versions of them are important to the lore, and portray them without their Entity-given powers, I feel like indexing them is worthwhile.

Aight so I contacted the one staff guy that was a supporter in the verse page and they haven't responded yet oof

Aight so I contacted the one staff guy that was a supporter in the verse page and they haven't responded yet oof
Maybe branch out, contact some others whom may be interested? IIRC, you need a fair amount of staff/supporter input for CRTs to go through.

In all fairness, the only reason why Blight has this but no one else is mostly because his feats are actually shown to us through cutscenes, not told, and its also implied that Talbot and The Blight are supposed to be some sort of Jekyll and Hyde scenario. However, I do agree that the killers/survivors should definitely have feats from their lores/tomes on their profiles

In all fairness, the only reason why Blight has this but no one else is mostly because his feats are actually shown to us through cutscenes, not told, and its also implied that Talbot and The Blight are supposed to be some sort of Jekyll and Hyde scenario. However, I do agree that the killers/survivors should definitely have feats from their lores/tomes on their profiles
Other cutscenes show pre-realm feats also. Wraith, Hillbilly, Pig, and Legion I know have tome cutscenes that show them performing feats.

Hey this is a hard necro but apparently there's this profile which totally flew under my radar and has a pre-entity key. And like, no one gives a shit. So like. Can I do it for the other characters?

Back