• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre Crisis Superman Fights A Freaking Dragon

Except we don't do that for powers here, unless you want to argue that Earth Manipulation grants Metal Manipulation by default. Really, this entire argument goes nowhere since wiki policy is fundamentally not like that. You can change the standards with a CRT if you want, fine. But until then, powers are only what they've shown to be without further context.

There is a difference between "water being ice" and giving water users ice manip just because one is a state of the other, which is the whole point of this debate.

If you negate that's your intention again then you are confirming that this topic is pointless and you are just trying to waste time.

Water manip =/= ice manip unless we have evidence and that's final, that's how the wiki works.
They have elemental powers. These powers are seen in many form, not just their stated form (For example, darkness is not a form.) Most people with water manip are people who have stated WATER powers. If you made the point of the water that the Bakugan make and the actual water being different that would be a very valid point.

Except we don't do that for powers here, unless you want to argue that Earth Manipulation grants Metal Manipulation by default. Really, this entire argument goes nowhere since wiki policy is fundamentally not like that. You can change the standards with a CRT if you want, fine. But until then, powers are only what they've shown to be without further context.
You are stating this but I don't even know what point you are making. EM and MM are ofc different things. But because it's stated different. Also Aang literally has possible MM so I don't know where this point was going in the first place.

In a lot of verses, Ice users are explicably different than Water users and can't control liquid water and vice versa

This is why it is very important to clarify if the verse treats ice and water as parts of the same element (like ATLA) or two completely different Elements (Pokemon and Ninjago)

You are stating this but I don't even know what point you are making. EM and MM are ofc different things. But because it's stated different. Also Aang literally has possible MM so I don't know where this point was going in the first place.
There's metal minerals in earth/soil so by this logic, it would count.

Why is Aang relevant here? He could've potentially learned it in a verse where MM is canonically a power that can be learned by him. It isn't extrapolated from anything like what you're doing...

And again, no power is extrapolated just cause. Fiction has no set way to treat powers so we go by what's shown and stated.

Really, this has derailed enough.

1. Aang shouldn't have this ability since he never demonstrated that he can metalbend. Also not all Earthbenders can metalbend (For example: Bolin, an earthbender, can't metalbend

2. Avatar treats water and ice as parts of the same element (waterbending), but many other verses don't and users of one element can't control the other

The main point is, feats and statements only. None of this senseless extrapolation.

1. Aang shouldn't have this ability since he never demonstrated that he can metalbend. Also not all Earthbenders can metalbend (For example: Bolin, an earthbender, can't metalbend

2. Avatar treats water and ice as parts of the same element (waterbending), but many other verses don't and users of one element can't control the other
1. Aang does have it on the wiki tho
2. I never denied that.

Why is Aang relevant here? He could've potentially learned it in a verse where MM is canonically a power that can be learned by him. It isn't extrapolated from anything like what you're doing...
This is really the only point I have a problem with, being less wrong doesn't make you more right.

Water Manipulation Summary if anybody wants to go back over it.
The power to manipulate water. User can create, shape and manipulate water, inorganic compound with liquid, gas (steam, water vapour), and solid (ice) states, including changing them from one state to other.

Back